Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

• 2 months later...

I hope it's okay to bring this back up. 

I wonder if the massive front office change could lead to some major uniform changes.  Rivera and Del Rio coaching history is full of teams known for rocking alternate uniform colors, Carolina, jacksonville, Denver, San Diego and others and maybe they'll encourage the idea.   I don't know if any of our new front office guys  have history in other teams known for that

We've been overdue for a long time. I'm good with a darker, more visceral burgundy and metallic gold look.

Hopefully with Bruce Allen and his frankly insane stranglehold on our "Historic" current look gone, we'll see a change soon. The look is out of date.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

We've been overdue for a long time. I'm good with a darker, more visceral burgundy and metallic gold look.

Hopefully with Bruce Allen and his frankly insane stranglehold on our "Historic" current look gone, we'll see a change soon. The look is out of date.

honestly, I still enjoy it, though I dislike the white pants.  I really enjoyed the yellow pants with the burgundy jersey I just prefer the burgundy pants with the white jersey.  I hope if there is a change it's nothing like the throwback unis.  I prefer brighter colors, that pop

30 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I am fine with the burgundy pants and white tops.  The championship unis

However, I’d be down for an update as long as it’s not burgundy on burgundy.  We wore those once I think against the Steelers on Monday Night in the Zorn years.  Looked like a bad HS team.  And they played like it too.

16 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

However, I’d be down for an update as long as it’s not burgundy on burgundy.  We wore those once I think against the Steelers on Monday Night in the Zorn years.  Looked like a bad HS team.  And they played like it too.

31 minutes ago, carex said:

honestly, I still enjoy it, though I dislike the white pants.  I really enjoyed the yellow pants with the burgundy jersey I just prefer the burgundy pants with the white jersey.  I hope if there is a change it's nothing like the throwback unis.  I prefer brighter colors, that pop

Well hopefully we all agree that burg on white at home sucks ass. Reminds me of Norv (which now is unavoidable I guess, with our new OC).

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Also wore burgundy on burgundy on TNF at Dallas in 2017 (lost badly in that game) and 2 times in 2009

week 11 @ cowboys (L 7-6)

week 15 vs giants (swinging gate, L 45-12)

So by my calculations that’s 0-4 while wearing burgundy on burgundy 😂😂😂😂 yeah, maybe don’t wear those for a while :P 

7 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The white on white made them look like marshmallows.

there's only one or two teams in the entire league that look decent in white on white, with it depending on helmets and stripes.  otherwise it's to boring

4 hours ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Couple internet finds.. How much change do you want? 

I like the third one's shirt and pants but not the helmet

Edited by carex

10 hours ago, carex said:

I wonder if the massive front office change could lead to some major uniform changes.  Rivera and Del Rio coaching history is full of teams known for rocking alternate uniform colors, Carolina, jacksonville, Denver, San Diego and others and maybe they'll encourage the idea. 

27 minutes ago, carex said:

there's only one or two teams in the entire league that look decent in white on white, with it depending on helmets and stripes.  otherwise it's to boring

I like the third one's shirt and pants but not the helmet

I could see a uni update. perhaps name too....

I like the third uniform option also with the first pics helmet

9 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Also wore burgundy on burgundy on TNF at Dallas in 2017 (lost badly in that game) and 2 times in 2009

week 11 @ cowboys (L 7-6)

week 15 vs giants (swinging gate, L 45-12)

So by my calculations that’s 0-4 while wearing burgundy on burgundy 😂😂😂😂 yeah, maybe don’t wear those for a while :P 

They were just BAD.  Color on color can work on certain instances.  Black on black works for the Saints. 

the dark blue on the Seahawks is fine. (Though I hate them).  But for some reason, things like red on red, green in green, they just look horrid.

2 hours ago, carex said:

The Saints do it.  

I think it works because they also do black on black.  And white on black looks silly.  And I don’t think they ever wear gold pants.  

They really are a black and white uniform team with the gold helmet.  Not a lot of gold on the uniform.

53 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

They were just BAD.  Color on color can work on certain instances.  Black on black works for the Saints. 

the dark blue on the Seahawks is fine. (Though I hate them).  But for some reason, things like red on red, green in green, they just look horrid.

The Saints do it.  

I think it works because they also do black on black.  And white on black looks silly.  And I don’t think they ever wear gold pants.  

They really are a black and white uniform team with the gold helmet.  Not a lot of gold on the uniform.

officially the Saints where gold pants with both black and white jerseys, the others are just alternates.  Just type New Orleans Saints gold pants into google and you'll see plenty of pics of them

I must be in the minority but I loved the white-on-white we wore sometimes during the ST21 era. It's so clean. The Saints pull it off nicely but they have the golden helmets that match to it better. I wish the NFL allowed alternate helmets as well as uniforms.

But I agree I'd like sort of a bold change for once. We have one of the best and most striking (imo) color combos in the league when we lean into the darker burgundy. I'm sick of just the classic historical look, I want to just associate that with our SB teams and forget all the failure I've witnessed.

Give me a fresh start, even if it's bold, and I'll buy in and get used to it. That doesn't mean doing some goofy all black get-up or whatever. But something cool and fresh for once. 

• Like 2

Funny how any helmets/jerseys/uniforms look better when a team is winning. 

Personally, I’d like the burgundy and gold to me more... well... burgundy and gold. To be a deeper darker red (like a red wine) and a truer gold (like Notre Dame or Navy). Then simplify the pant stripe and modernize the helmet stripe too. 

White jerseys and burgundy pants was our tradition through the glory years at home and I liked that it was the opposite of most teams. It made the burgundy jerseys a rare treat too. But, I’m fine with doing the opposite if they updated the look a bit. 

• Like 3

Personally I would love our same uniforms but the darker burgundy that we wear in our anniversary spear helmet uniforms. Also, keep the logo on the helmet but w/ a dark burgundy matte finish like the Vikings have.  I think that would look awesome.

• Like 1

I was just thinking about this the other day. If we're changing the culture, it's time to spice things up. A new jersey will help reignite sales and bring back a little more excitement. Obviously, the play on the field will carry the final verdict, but this change can be a breath of fresh air. I think the gold jersey with burgundy pants would pretty cool. Add that to thinned out numbers similar to the ones on Titans jersey, and we got ourselves a new look. Black jerseys can be game-changers too. Either way, a change is due. 

On 1/15/2020 at 4:27 AM, Mr. Sinister said:

Well hopefully we all agree that burg on white at home sucks ass. Reminds me of Norv (which now is unavoidable I guess, with our new OC).

Burgundy top and White pants is fine with me, my favourite all time Redskins uniform. 

HTTR