Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

I have a Cooley jersey in that throwback.  I liked the combo for a bit but not to get all superstitious but I think our record is crap in them.  Maybe we won 1 game, not sure. 

Problem is, you can find issues or extended periods of suck with most of our throwbacks.  The best throwback we got will forever be stained with Wuerffel, Matthews and OBC.

11 minutes ago, superozman said:

Redskins social media has updated the logo and the merchandise leads me to believe the same as usual.

What I would expect:

-  Normal Burgundy Helmet (NFL Rules, can only have 1 helmet, so cannot change helmet color)

-  The gray facemask they have done last year or the past two years, I think it's been 2

-  No stripes on helmet, with same logo.  I personally wish they'd throw the "old school" logo on the helmet

-  Standard throwback jersey - Dark Bugundy with Gold (not the yellow gold) numbers/trim

- Gold (not the yellow gold) pants

I saw the update too, which leads me to share your assumption... Kind of disappointed though.  I'd like to shift things around a bit, make the throwbacks something special, instead of redundant.  I don't hate those throwbacks, but what's the harm in changing things up?  

46 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

TY JB, this is their best look by far.

Those butt-ass ugly mustard pants with white tops is absolutely hideous! It screams 'I'm weak beat me like a 2 dollar pillow'.

The dk burgundy top with dark pants with outlined numbers is overbearingly depressing; no pop, no pizazz, nothing about that combo except boredom.

Yea man.  The white jersey/mustard yellow pants look was just plain awful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SkinsFanPA said:

Those all-black Eagles uniforms are a terrible look.  So glad we don't have black as an accent color, where we could make the same mistake...

Anything the Eagles ever wear is always a terrible look actually 

20 hours ago, RFK Lives said:

I have a Cooley jersey in that throwback.  I liked the combo for a bit but not to get all superstitious but I think our record is crap in them.  Maybe we won 1 game, not sure. 

Problem is, you can find issues or extended periods of suck with most of our throwbacks.  The best throwback we got will forever be stained with Wuerffel, Matthews and OBC.

The white and gold ones? 

If so, we wore them exactly once...vs. the Giants in 2007. They were 0-2 and we had a 17-3 lead before eventually losing 24-17 (I think). Basically, that uniform is what we wore to effectively help them turn their season around, gain the wild card, and win a Super Bowl. If they fall to 0-3 I think they stay buried. 

Edited by TD_washingtonredskins
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, OVCChairman said:

I saw the update too, which leads me to share your assumption... Kind of disappointed though.  I'd like to shift things around a bit, make the throwbacks something special, instead of redundant.  I don't hate those throwbacks, but what's the harm in changing things up?  

You can change uniforms every 5 years, so they are past that.  Redskins throwbacks have been recently tied to anniversaries, so I would expect 2022 (90th) for them to change, unless they part ways with their recent tradition.

4 hours ago, -JB- said:

Yea man.  The white jersey/mustard yellow pants look was just plain awful.

I actually like this better than the Burgundy/Yellow pants.  It's what I choose for every away game in madden!

11 minutes ago, superozman said:

I actually like this better than the Burgundy/Yellow pants.  It's what I choose for every away game in madden!

I liked it too. I didn't like the helmets much, but loved the white over gold. It's why I was excited when Bruce Allen brought the gold pants back...but I lost my love for them pretty quickly 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, superozman said:

Confirmed - Gray Facemask, Normal logo with no stripes.

I wish they would remove the normal logo from the helmets and just go with plain burgundy helmet and grey facemask when pairing with the 1930s throwbacks.

I thought I read somewhere that teams were allowed three different jerseys, pants & socks for one season.  They wore both combos of white & burgundy in the regular season and I could have sworn I saw the 1970s era gold pants in the preseason.  Does anybody know if that  would rule out the khaki-colored pants normally worn during the alumni games?

On 11/14/2018 at 2:32 PM, markmills67 said:

I couldn't be happier with the colours this year, we have played in my favourite combo in a lot of games. Burgundy Jersey, White pants and Burgundy socks ?

HTTR 

I use to hate that combo until this year when they brought these back. Never appreciated them until now. It's my favorites now.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, throwback37 said:

I thought I read somewhere that teams were allowed three different jerseys, pants & socks for one season.  They wore both combos of white & burgundy in the regular season and I could have sworn I saw the 1970s era gold pants in the preseason.  Does anybody know if that  would rule out the khaki-colored pants normally worn during the alumni games?

The preseason does not count towards the 3 pants for the season.  

I still think the absolute coolest thing for a team to do would be "Playoff Uniforms"

Souped up versions of their uniforms that they don't get to wear until they make it to the post season.  Talk about an untappedgold mine, why isn't this a thing?

Also, Throwback uniforms should just be assigned to the week when your team plays Thursday Night Football.  Throwback Thursdays, the marketing writes itself!

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Reaper Skins said:

I still think the absolute coolest thing for a team to do would be "Playoff Uniforms"

Souped up versions of their uniforms that they don't get to wear until they make it to the post season.  Talk about an untappedgold mine, why isn't this a thing?

Also, Throwback uniforms should just be assigned to the week when your team plays Thursday Night Football.  Throwback Thursdays, the marketing writes itself!

Abso-freakin-lutely.  They tried to do something similar with the color rush on Thur Nights but I've never understood why do that and not just do throwbacks?  That doesn't mean that they can ONLY wear throwbacks on Thur night...  The only question I can see coming up is that the away team on TNF would have to have a 2nd 'throwback' if their home unis are too close to their TNF opponents home throwbacks. 

53 minutes ago, Reaper Skins said:

Playoff Uniforms - no, no, no, no, no.  (Not meant to be disrespectful to your idea).  As a superstitious former athlete, no!  Wear what got you there!  LOL

Throwback Thursday - 1,000% agree.  that would be awesome.  Problem is, some teams don't wear throwbacks because of the 1 helmet rule.  Eagles throwback helmet, dallas throwback helmet, patriots throwback helmet, are all different colors.  For them to wear the old jerseys with the current helmet would look dumb.  now the redskins - i believe are borderline getting away with the 2 different shades of burgundy.  i know some people hate it but it is close enough for me.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RedskinsFanInSanAntonio said:

I hope on Thanksgiving we finally get white jersey on white pants finally!

We are wearing burgundy jerseys on thanksgiving, per cowboys reporters.  They were right when they said the cowboys would be wearing blue before the redskins announced the white at the game at Fedex.

Texans (H) - Throwbacks

Cowboys (A) - Burgundy - per Cowboys Twitter reporters

Eagles (A) - ? (Although I'd expect the all black eagles alternates, so white)

Giants (H) - Burgundy - per Giants uniform sched

Jaguars (A) - ?

Titans (A) -  ?

Eagles (H) - Burgundy, Assumption.

• Like 1