Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

12 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

If that's true...it means we are again giving a minor nod to the Gibbs era over the George Allen era (which is good, in my opinion). 

I like that we wear dark at home...but also like a little wink to the 1980s in the Dallas rivalry by forcing them to wear their darks in DC. A subtle, but classy move!

Edit from the article: 

Archer also notes that Dallas will wear their road blues on the road against the Redskins. For older Cowboys fans, this is incredible. There is something that just screams NFC East about Cowboys blues against Redskins whites in Washington. It’s classic and should be done more often.

I dunno man, I still have nightmares of Rocket Ismail opening day '99

• Sad 1

https://www.businessinsider.com/redskins-color-rush-uniforms-nope-2017-11

• The Washington Redskins will play their first "Color Rush" game on Thursday night against the Dallas Cowboys.
  • The Redskins are supposed to wear all-gold uniforms, but the team feels they are garish.
  • As of Wednesday morning, the team is said to be ignoring the NFL and will wear all-burgundy instead.
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I'm wearing a t shirt opposed to a jersey today..I would like to post a pic of me in the shirt but I would probably be breaking the rules as one word in the shirt is **** but the u is missing...would that be breaking the rules?

33 minutes ago, SWFLSkins said:

https://www.businessinsider.com/redskins-color-rush-uniforms-nope-2017-11

• The Washington Redskins will play their first "Color Rush" game on Thursday night against the Dallas Cowboys.
  • The Redskins are supposed to wear all-gold uniforms, but the team feels they are garish.
  • As of Wednesday morning, the team is said to be ignoring the NFL and will wear all-burgundy instead.

Would I break the rules if I wore that shirt I was talking about..I ask u as if it seems to me you would know more..and I'm a lazy ass lol

29 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I'm wearing a t shirt opposed to a jersey today..I would like to post a pic of me in the shirt but I would probably be breaking the rules as one word in the shirt is **** but the u is missing...would that be breaking the rules?

Would I break the rules if I wore that shirt I was talking about..I ask u as if it seems to me you would know more..and I'm a lazy ass lol

**** yeah it would, hahahhaaa, The Rules, they are pretty clear. Don't circumvent the profanity filter. 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Well since you're too damn lazy to read the Rules, just go ahead & do it. What's the worst that could happen? :) 

• Haha 2

Just now, Patrick Evidente said:

I know we use to wear whites at home in the Gibbs I era. But we wear burgundy at home now. Stick with it.

Which has nothing to do with your original question. You wear the white jersey to put them in their blue jersey because they hate playing in them. They tend to lose wearing them. And they're currently 0-3 in road games this year. :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, TK said:

Which has nothing to do with your original question. You wear the white jersey to put them in their blue jersey because they hate playing in them. They tend to lose wearing them. And they're currently 0-3 in road games this year. :) 

So we change cause the cowboys tend to lose in their blues? It's superstition then. Lmao

• 4 weeks later...

Jersey colors remainder of year based on other team info.  I'd assume burgundy at home unless we start a trend with Dallas.... (I thought i posted this before but when i went to reply this popped up)

THROWBACK WEEK 11/18!!!!!!!!!!!!

Texans (H) - Throwbacks

Cowboys (A) - Burgundy - per Cowboys Twitter reporters

Eagles (A) - ? (Although I'd expect the all black eagles alternates, so white)

Giants (H) - Burgundy - per Giants uniform sched

Jaguars (A) - ?

Titans (A) -  ?

Eagles (H) - Burgundy, Assumption.

3 minutes ago, superozman said:

Jersey colors remainder of year based on other team info.  I'd assume burgundy at home unless we start a trend with Dallas.... (I thought i posted this before but when i went to reply this popped up)

THROWBACK WEEK 11/18!!!!!!!!!!!!

Texans (H) - Throwbacks

Cowboys (A) - Burgundy - per Cowboys Twitter reporters

Eagles (A) - ? (Although I'd expect the all black eagles alternates, so white)

Giants (H) - Burgundy - per Giants uniform sched

Jaguars (A) - ?

Titans (A) -  ?

Eagles (H) - Burgundy, Assumption.

Im sorry if I missed it, but do we know what our throwbacks are this year? 

6 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

Im sorry if I missed it, but do we know what our throwbacks are this year? 

Redskins social media has updated the logo and the merchandise leads me to believe the same as usual.

What I would expect:

-  Normal Burgundy Helmet (NFL Rules, can only have 1 helmet, so cannot change helmet color)

-  The gray facemask they have done last year or the past two years, I think it's been 2

-  No stripes on helmet, with same logo.  I personally wish they'd throw the "old school" logo on the helmet

-  Standard throwback jersey - Dark Bugundy with Gold (not the yellow gold) numbers/trim

- Gold (not the yellow gold) pants

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, superozman said:

Redskins social media has updated the logo and the merchandise leads me to believe the same as usual.

What I would expect:

-  Normal Burgundy Helmet (NFL Rules, can only have 1 helmet, so cannot change helmet color)

-  The gray facemask they have done last year or the past two years, I think it's been 2

-  No stripes on helmet, with same logo.  I personally wish they'd throw the "old school" logo on the helmet

-  Standard throwback jersey - Dark Bugundy with Gold (not the yellow gold) numbers/trim

- Gold (not the yellow gold) pants

I don't understand why they don't just chuck a logo on the helmet. The color can't match (unless you put a big-ass decal that is the right color) but the logos should at least match. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1