• Blog Entries

• By TK in ES Coverage
      In today's Divisional Debacle, the Defense under Greg Manusky in the first half, gave up 207 yards of offense (105 rushing/102 passing) and two touchdowns.  That said, they did manage a single INT on which the Offense actually managed to score a touchdown off of. They allowed 12 of 16 passes to be completed . 

In the second half it was 107 yards given up (58 rushing//49 passing) a field goal and a touchdown. They traded their first half pick for a second half sack. However, Dallas completed all five of their pass attempts. 

Don't read that thinking "Well it seems like they tightened up some in the 2nd half."  They didn't. They simply had about half the plays in the second half. 30 plays in the First and 18 in the Second.

So far in two Divisional matchups, the Defense has faltered in the Second half. They start out like a house of fire for the first few drives until their opponents gradually make adjustments. This Defensive coaching staff fails make any adjustments, whether in game or at the very least at Halftime. They've given up over 30 points per game for a total of 63 points given up in two games. While the Bears are up next, the Pats await and they've put up over 70 points in two games. Yeah. Ok. They did shut out the Dolphins today which is looking like the NFL version of ... ahem... shooting fish in a barrel. 

The frustrating thing is Manusky is the DC that the Front Office actively looked to replace during the off season without firing him. When you know they're looking to replace you, most people would make a concentrated effort to show an improvement. Yet Manusky's Defense still keeps acting like it's starring in Groundhog Day.

In his post game presser, when asked directly about if any coaching changes would be made, Gruden said "No, I think after two games – you’re talking about playing two very good offensive football teams and two of the best offensive lines in pro football we just played back-to-back. That’s no excuse whatsoever, but I don’t think we need to hit the panic button yet. We just have to continue to focus on what we can do better to win. Get Jonathan [Allen] in here, get a couple of our corners back in here and let’s go back and strap it up against Chicago [Bears] next week and see what happens.” 

Here's another frustrating thing. The defensive communication was an issue last season as well. Wasn't this supposed to have been worked on during OTA's and Training Camp? It's understandable that the rookies would still be on a learning curve, but NFL vets like Collins and DRC you'd think they would have down by the start of the season. 

Gruden said they're a very talented group on Defense but that they weren't reaching them. When questioned as to why the coaching staff that has been in place for several years, wasn't reaching them, he defended the comment as them being a young defense. “We have some moving parts now. Landon Collins is a veteran guy but this is his first year, [Montez] Sweat’s in his first year, [Cole] Holcomb, it’s his first year, [Jon] Bostic is in his first year. We’re playing Dominique [Rodgers-Cromartie] at corner and this is Jimmy Moreland’s first year, so it’s not like we are the most experienced group. We feel like were very talented, but we`re still fighting through somethings. There are a lot of things to look forward to, without a doubt, but we do have to play better and strap it up and get back to work."

RSkinsFan

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

8 hours ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

^&%%$% WHITE PANTS AGAIN!!! WTF, This is a loss till we wear gold

Nope!

• Thanks 2

i'm sure this has been said in this thread before.  But i'd love to see just a pure mix of all of our uniform opportunities.  White/White.  White/Burg.  White/Gold/  Burg/Gold.  Burg/White.  Burg/Burg.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, superozman said:

i'm sure this has been said in this thread before.  But i'd love to see just a pure mix of all of our uniform opportunities.  White/White.  White/Burg.  White/Gold/  Burg/Gold.  Burg/White.  Burg/Burg.  

I'm always for that...but I don't believe we have gold pants this year....if we have white and burgundy, can we have a third?

Burg/Burg.  

How much misery, death and destruction must we witness in these abominations before our fans finally understand that to don those is to do the work of the devil? :(

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ealier in this marathon thread I suggested a system for this:

Division Games-Gold Pants

AFC Games-White Pants

Non-Division NFC games-Burgundy Pants

8 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I'm always for that...but I don't believe we have gold pants this year....if we have white and burgundy, can we have a third?

I thought you were allowed a 3rd but the last few years the throwbacks have taken up the 3rd spot. 

Edited by MontanaSkins

For me it's been fantastic seeing the Redskins wearing Burgundy jerseys,  White pants and Burgundy socks. By far my favourite Redskins uniform. 

HTTR 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

We had them during the preseason, and

Yes.

57 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

49 minutes ago, MontanaSkins said:

Ealier in this marathon thread I suggested a system for this:

Division Games-Gold Pants

AFC Games-White Pants

Non-Division NFC games-Burgundy Pants

I thought you were allowed a 3rd but the last few years the throwbacks have taken up the 3rd spot. 

27 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

We had them during the preseason, and

Yes.

Yup, I was thinking that 3 pant rule still existed.  I couldn't find anything on it.  And I dont think preseason matters, from years past, but could be wrong.  Different helmet, and different pant, and limits on # of times alternates can be worn is extremely dumb in my opinion.

Teams are now allowed 3 pants options plus the option for whatever your designated Color Rush pants are. So technically, our gold pants could be used as the color rush pant, if the first three options are already filled. Teams are also now allowed to use the color rush at any point in the season and also mix color rush elements (i.e. Color Rush jersey with a non Color Rush pant).

With that being said, are we still going with the same throwback this season? I would imagine so, but I heard any news about it this year.

• Thanks 1

Great post StephenB.  That can only mean one thing, at some point this year, you will see the Color Rush Gold jersey with Burgundy pants.

Jerseys have no impact on winning or losing. With that in mind, we should wear fun and exciting colors and combinations. Anything to mix it up. That includes:

white/white

white/burgundy

burgundy/white

burgundy/burgundy

color rush combos (don't think NFL is doing any this year)

white/yellgold

burgundy/yellgold

That would use up our allotted 3 jersey/pant combos. 

I'd rather see all of that than see one game in those hideous boston college mud throwbacks. We shouldn't use throwbacks. Other teams can get away with it because their throwbacks are cool. Our old uniforms are ugly AF and that is being kind. Just move on with new stuff

Obviously, what we should do is redesign our unis to feature 3 different pants and 3 different jersey colors, all of which can be swapped and interchanged while still looking good in any combination. This means stripes and trims are consistent.

Look at the new Jags unis. The Browns unis as well. Everything is consistent and they can mix and match up to 9 different combinations that all look great. 

cleveland-browns-unveil-new-uniforms-69d

996333-browns-cleveland-devoile-leurs-no

r358668_1296x729_16-9.jpg

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

Unfortunately, our design/color scheme doesn’t leave all that much for creativity as the Jags/Browns.

Been fighting for us to get a more modern update for quite some time, but it’s not gonna happen under Snyder/Allen, who preach “tradition”

I prefer the gold pants burgundy top (though I agree the pants need to move closer to gold then they are right now).

Having said that, they could wear black latex for all I care as long as we winning.

@Momma There Goes That Man I heard Cowboys hate wearing their blue jerseys and have a losing record in them (especially against us).  Any truth to that?

Edited by Renegade7
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Why did the team switch from gold pants for these two home games? Anyone know? 

Because hopefully they have retired the mustard yellow for good!

• Like 1

Would love to see black pants with black shirts, burgundy white and gold in the stripes/numbers/socks....black shoes. Love the Eagles alternate black jerseys and ours would be better. 

4 hours ago, Rogue Jedi said:

Unfortunately, our design/color scheme doesn’t leave all that much for creativity as the Jags/Browns.

Yeah the gold makes it tough to have a jersey that works but I’m sure they could figure out 3 modernized jersey colors if they wanted to

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

heard Cowboys hate wearing their blue jerseys and have a losing record in them (especially against us).  Any truth to that?

I couldn’t find any data on it. I wonder if they included the blue Thanksgiving jerseys they wear in any stats on it because it seems historically they do pretty well on thanksgiving. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

heard Cowboys hate wearing their blue jerseys and have a losing record in them (especially against us).  Any truth to that?

That's the legend. 

Gibbs had his teams wearing the white jersey so fans could see the colors of each week's next victim. 

29 minutes ago, TK said:

That's the legend. 

Gibbs had his teams wearing the white jersey so fans could see the colors of each week's next victim. 

Ya, my dad said that was part of rivalry, forcing them to wear the blue unis whenever we could.  Gibbs doing that to everyone doesn't shock me.  He seems like such a nice guy, then I keep hearing how savage he was in the 80s in the same breath.

@Momma There Goes That Man I would imagine the blue throwback on Turkey Day don't count as they choose to wear those, curious about their record when we force them to wear their blue unis or other team's do.  May be one of those that just get passed down by the camp fire from fan generation to fan generation : )

Edited by Renegade7

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Yeah the gold makes it tough to have a jersey that works but I’m sure they could figure out 3 modernized jersey colors if they wanted to

I don't agree with that.  Every practice that fans see the QB is in a yellow no touch jersey and I think it looks good.  Toss in some stripes on the sleeves and it would be gameday ready

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, carex said:

I don't agree with that.  Every practice that fans see the QB is in a yellow no touch jersey and I think it looks good.  Toss in some stripes on the sleeves and it would be gameday ready

I like these. Would still prefer a totsl

modernization redesign 

45A156B5-536C-4575-890A-9B0F782E64EA.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1