Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

28 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Any inside information on Thursday's uniforms? Cooley mentioned early LAST WEEK that he expected us to go white-on-white during whichever game we do the color rush. Are we doing that in Dallas? Are just not participating? I'd even support all burgundy if Dallas is going with their traditional white jerseys at home. 

I’m hoping gold on gold, which has been previewed previously in a picture of each teams color rush uniform. But yeah another poster mentioned yesterday that Cooley said something about white on white for Thursday’s game in Dallas. Should be interesting. 

• Like 1

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I’m hoping gold on gold, which has been previewed previously in a picture of each teams color rush uniform. But yeah another poster mentioned yesterday that Cooley said something about white on white for Thursday’s game in Dallas. Should be interesting. 

To be clear - he actually seemed pretty confident that it would happen on Thanksgiving, not this coming Thursday. Then, he eventually stated that it would happen whenever we do the color rush game. So, the fact that he's already been somewhat wrong about it makes me less confident we'll see the white-on-white. 

A nice, coincidental touch would be that we'd wear white-on-white during the week of Sean Taylor's passing. The last time we really used that combination was when he was making big plays in the secondary. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Rogue Jedi said:

Just do the gold on gold.

Don't know why the FO on this team is so anti-fun.

Who knows? It actually might look cool.

No, I agree with you. I guess I was just looking to compromise and do SOMETHING. I mean, if Seattle can wear alien green jerseys and pants one week, why can't we wear yellow? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Was really hoping we'd do gold on gold as well.  I've got a Cousins and Kerrigan jersey both in the color rush gold.  Love them. 

I think it would be awesome to bring the color rush gold jerseys out for some old retired players like Art Monk or Monte Coleman even though they never wore those

• Like 1

If it wasn't such a hassle to paint the same helmets the guys use and get them back, I think the ebst "Color Rush" we could do would be,

All burgundy with jerseys and pants, hell even socks unless they wanna wear the vintage striped ones, and then a Gold Helmet, no stripes, and a grey facemask. I think that would look good for that type of Thurs matchup. Burgundy is our main color but the accent helmet could look nice. Not sure which logo would be best. Maybe the 'R'

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Just saw on Twitter that Dallas is wearing their white color rush uniforms...so we'd have to go either gold or burgundy. Again, if something was planned (especially a brand new uniform) you would think there'd be some buzz. 

Usually for Thursday night games each team posts on their Twitter their color rush uniform the day of the game, or the nfl fb page does, so I’d expect to know on Thursday. The league does a pretty good job of keeping these color rush uniforms a secret until that day 

34 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Usually for Thursday night games each team posts on their Twitter their color rush uniform the day of the game, or the nfl fb page does, so I’d expect to know on Thursday. The league does a pretty good job of keeping these color rush uniforms a secret until that day 

Oh OK, I didn't realize that. Good info

Madden had Redskins white on white color rush alternate, however, we've only seen Gold on Gold.

With the Redskins stating that didn't like the uniforms, I'd imagine the Burgundy on Burgundy very well could have been an option they worked on behind the scenes, but looking like gold on gold.  Which i'm excited for!

Just now, ExoDus84 said:

Quite ironic, considering your username. :ols:

I like the Gold Pants with Burgundy Jerseys.....and the Burgundy Pants with the White Jerseys. Variety is nice. White Pants should be with White Jerseys once a year IMO.

They already have all the pieces for 3 great combos.