Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

18 hours ago, -JB- said:

I like the darker burgundy like the throwbacks. I like that darker shade.  Still hate the mustard yellow pants tho!

20 minutes ago, -JB- said:

They look corny.  Let's leave it at that !

Maize is better than the white or khaki pants.  It's not even close.  Just darken it up a tad, but not as dark as the 70th and we're set.

The bigger issue with the uniforms are the stripes.  I've been saying that for awhile now, and the team really should streamline things while keeping the primary home look burgundy on gold and the primary away look white on burgundy.

Edited by Diesel Hog
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I wonder what "marketing purposes" even means. 

From what I've been told, the burgundy on the team's marketing (t-shirts, merch and the like) used a different shade of burgundy than were featured on the unis and helmet.  The official burgundy has been changed to match the burgundy on the unis.

10 hours ago, StephenB said:

From what I've been told, the burgundy on the team's marketing (t-shirts, merch and the like) used a different shade of burgundy than were featured on the unis and helmet.  The official burgundy has been changed to match the burgundy on the unis.

From the link above:

" team source tells me this change was done months ago "

Edited by Spearfeather

• 2 weeks later...

The new shade of Burgundy will be used for our throwback jersey, for our 85th anniversary this year.

The uniform should look pretty close to this.

The problem with the throwbacks used the last few years, is the helmet can't be replaced or painted/decaled in a week.

With this uni combo, you only have to change the jersey. The pants and helmet already exist.

We have had 70th, 75th, 80th uniforms, so we knew this would happen.

77629934.jpg

8 minutes ago, The Mayor of Fed Ex Field said:

The new shade of Burgundy will be used for our throwback jersey, for our 85th anniversary this year.

The uniform should look pretty close to this.

The problem with the throwbacks used the last few years, is the helmet can't be replaced or painted/decaled in a week.

With this uni combo, you only have to change the jersey. The pants and helmet already exist.

We have had 70th, 75th, 80th uniforms, so we knew this would happen.

77629934.jpg

Are these throwbacks something that is happening for sure, or your guess as to what may be happening?  I would love it to be true.

He also tells me "not to tell anyone" and I always immediately let ES know.

It makes sense, because we don't really have many options for new throwbacks this year. 

I like Dan Snyder, and those that don't, can agree that he isn't letting an 85th anniversary go without new jerseys to be worn/sold.

That uniform technically could wear three different helmets. Yellow "R", Spear and current. With the NFL rules not allowing different helmets, I think it's safe to say that the current helmet, and the current pants (both which are not sold to fans) doesn't matter at a marketing stand point.

However, a fourth throw back jersey to be sold since 2002, certainly can be a successful selling item in the Redskins owned stores.

Don't ask yourself, why would this be the 85th anniversary throwback jersey?

Ask yourself, why wouldn't it be?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Mayor of Fed Ex Field said:

He also tells me "not to tell anyone" and I always immediately let ES know.

It makes sense, because we don't really have many options for new throwbacks this year. 

I like Dan Snyder, and those that don't, can agree that he isn't letting an 85th anniversary go without new jerseys to be worn/sold.

That uniform technically could wear three different helmets. Yellow "R", Spear and current. With the NFL rules not allowing different helmets, I think it's safe to say that the current helmet, and the current pants (both which are not sold to fans) doesn't matter at a marketing stand point.

However, a fourth throw back jersey to be sold since 2002, certainly can be a successful selling item in the Redskins owned stores.

Don't ask yourself, why would this be the 85th anniversary throwback jersey?

Ask yourself, why wouldn't it be?

If we go this route, I'm hoping we do it right with the proper gray facemasks, thinner 1/2" white stripes on the helmet, and the bigger helmet decal.

Do it right or don't do it at all.

Edited by StephenB

We really need to get more modern with our uniforms.

Only two teams have that timeless look that never needs updating, the Raiders and Steelers.

Every other team has had a major update.

Sadly, I don't think it will happen under Snyder and Bruce "brother of Macaca" Allen.

Edited by Rogue Jedi

29 minutes ago, The Mayor of Fed Ex Field said:

Packers have not had much of an update. Colts, Saints, Cowboys, and Cheifs also haven't had much change.

Throwbacks are cool. I like them. I don't want a major change. I love our uniforms and our throwbacks.

Agreed.

Homer opinion and all but we have the best on field home Uniform in football.

Its funny because our color scheme is awkward to wear outside of the stadium, but man our team's uni looks good on a football field.

• Like 1

Every team in the NFL but us seemingly gets love from Nike with alternates (multiple in some cases) or at least throwbacks with a different logo. Even another traditional franchise in the Raiders received a very tasteful modern uniform update this past year for them to use in rotation. I really liked what Nike did for the Raiders actually. It can be done.

Meanwhile, we have the option of different pants and a half-assed throwback with a clearly mismatched helmet that doesnt even get its own matching logo. Oh I forgot, we remove the stripe and change the facemasks to gray... woohoo.

Ideally I'd like to see a tasteful, slightly modernized alternate (new take on spear or curly R logos to go with any jersey changes: my idea is the "drenched" burgundy on burgundy jersey Nike did for RG3 and Alf on black pants with a spear as the leg stripe), and a proper throwback with a helmet that doesn't clash and it's own respective logo.

Just don't try anything like our color rush uniforms ever again. Or anything like the abortions that are the Jags and Bucs unis (Am I the only one that feels that they are not only ugly but already look dated even though they were recently done?)

Edited by DC Lumber Co.
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, DC Lumber Co. said:

Meanwhile, we have the option of different pants and a half-assed throwback with a clearly mismatched helmet that doesnt even get its own matching logo. Oh I forgot, we remove the stripe and change the facemasks to gray... woohoo.

We've worn our current helmets with our throwbacks because we had to. Not because we wanted to.