Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Just now, superozman said:

My guess, is the fact that teams can't go outside of their color combos.  For example - the rams still use the dark blue helmet, and change the gold stripe to yellow, and wear lighter blue/yellow jerseys.  We all know the skins, Steelers, etc still use same colors or close to.

With the 1 helmet rule, the helmet color can't change.  So you won't have the broncos (brown/yellow), eagles (light blue/yellow), jets (blue/gold), etc. 

I would assume thats the angle they are playing?

I know the NFL places an emphasis on brand recognition, but if they were so obsessed about it, why would they even allow those brown and yellow Bronco's uniforms in the first place ?

The " one helmet " rule limits teams choices. I never argued that.

We wear two different logos ( helmet and jersey ) on the same throwback uniform. I'm not sure how that helps brand recognition.

Just now, RFK Lives said:

I have learned to temper my expectations with Allen and his announcements.  For example, big announcement coming...and it's Beathard for the Ring of Fame.  Granted, he deserves it and it's overdue but the lead up and hype suggested more.  I know the media plays into this as well but when Allen says he will be doing some things this year with our uniforms, I expect more like change in laundry detergent than design.  Hope I am wrong.

Did the Redskins say " Big " announcement coming, and maybe the organization did view that as big.

“We’re going to do some things this year that I think our fans are really going to like with the uniform.” Allen said.

You bet on laundry detergent.

I'll bet on something different than we've seen the last few years.

We'll see what happens.

Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

It's just going to be a BB sticker on the back of the helmet. 

Mthat's new and exciting for Bruce. Or a patch for his dad or something dumb 

Hey, I wouldn't care if it was. I'm fine with our uniforms.

Edited by Spearfeather

13 hours ago, Spearfeather said:

You bet on laundry detergent.

I'll bet on something different than we've seen the last few years.

We'll see what happens.

I also said, hope I am wrong, which means I hope something big does happen. 

Just curious though, you say you are happy with our uniforms but your screen name and logo in your signature suggest you might like a return to the throwback helmet?  The 70th anniversary throwback uniform are my favorite throwback and I like that shade of burgundy better but they also have the stench of Spurrier, every UF QB to play for us, Jaquez Green and pepper spray. 

5 hours ago, RFK Lives said:

Just curious though, you say you are happy with our uniforms but your screen name and logo in your signature suggest you might like a return to the throwback helmet?  The 70th anniversary throwback uniform are my favorite throwback and I like that shade of burgundy better but they also have the stench of Spurrier, every UF QB to play for us, Jaquez Green and pepper spray. 

I think those uniforms are great, but I like almost all of our uniforms. Not so much a fan of the white with white. That's probably my least favorite.

Honestly, well probably just see a different combination of pants than we've seen the past few years, or maybe a different jersey for our road game against Dallas.

I think they've already said we will not have a color rush uniform.

Edited by Spearfeather

They confirmed we're wearing color rush uniforms against Dallas on Thanksgiving.  There was a leak of what they look like, and it's not really like the other color rush uniforms - more like throwbacks.  I'd bet the farm that those are what Bruce Allen was talking about. 

4 hours ago, NattyBo said:

They confirmed we're wearing color rush uniforms against Dallas on Thanksgiving.  There was a leak of what they look like, and it's not really like the other color rush uniforms - more like throwbacks.  I'd bet the farm that those are what Bruce Allen was talking about. 

So, it's not really a " Color Rush " uniform ( ? )

( As for that picture above, we stopped wearing those uniforms in 1968, not 1972 ).

The Washington Redskins were not among the teams to have a Color Rush uniform in 2015, and they apparently won’t be among an apparently expanded group of teams to show off alternate digs in 2016, either.

Larry Michael, host of “Redskins Nation,” announced on the show Wednesday that “there will be no Color Rush uniforms for the Redskins for 2016.”

Edited by Spearfeather

Talking about which retro uni to wear has gotten old. How about something modern for a change? Trying something new/staying modern is what we were doing for the first 75 years of our teams existence. Unsure why Allen took the cleanest uniforms and went half ass time travel backward with them. Time to move on to something modern..

• Like 2

13 hours ago, RFK Lives said:

Yeah but like a cheese, some have more stench than others and I would have to say the Spurrier era might be the head cheese or limburger of stenches.

Spurrier's is more like Munster cheese.  I lost a bet years ago and had to eat, or at least hold it down for 1 minute, and I'd rather eat a lineman's socks than that **** again.  And I could taste it for about as long as his career with the Redskins lasted too !! It doesn't just 'go away' that easily...:bill:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/9/2016 at 7:16 AM, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Not confirmed or anything, but thought this would be a good place to drop this Chad Ryan tweet I came across yesterday: 

Potential #Redskins color rush uniform is set to be all Burgundy with the retro spear logo, according to a source. All TBC until official.

So all burgundy with the throwback helmets from 2002-2003? That wouldnt look right

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 9:16 AM, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Not confirmed or anything, but thought this would be a good place to drop this Chad Ryan tweet I came across yesterday: 

Potential #Redskins color rush uniform is set to be all Burgundy with the retro spear logo, according to a source. All TBC until official.

"Potential"??   Possible? Maybe? Chances Are? Could Be?

No, its definitely YUK !!!   I wish Allen would take an extended vacation to the Philippines, or maybe Budapest. That's about the only chance this team and fanbase will get from under his nostalgic Scotch trip.

• Like 2