Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

why not do a tribute to jim zorn then, and go with a maroon and black uni

Why pay tribute to a moron; pay tribute to a true Redskin great in Joe Gibbs and go with his colors.

The road uni pants are friggin yellow. Nothing close to gold, except to the colorblind.

Go back and look at some vids from the 80's Redskins; those uniforms were tight and sweet looking, and enveloped winning. If they want to enlarge the gold and white stripes on the burgundy pants, fine, ditto with the tops, but this current look is not a good look.

Does it affect their performance? Prob not, but the road unis are hideous looking.

If they came outta the tunnel wearing the 80's unis, FedEx Field would erupt in cheer. Its just by far the coolest look, personally speaking, but I think the vast majority of people would want to see them wearing their 80's unis, and most don't like the White over Yellow look; give Bruce a bottle of gin and tell him if he don't like it, leave. He was nowhere around when Gibbs was dominating the league anyway.

• Like 2

It was Bruce's personal tribute to his daddy to go with the ugly yellow. No idea why Snyder has allowed it for so long.

I do believe this to be accurate but it has always amused me. Although George's teams played with these uniforms they were designed by Vince to copy the Packers, right down to yellow pants and a single letter on the helmet. All George did was replace the script R on the helmet with the logo.

I also do agree with most that I prefer the throwback version of the uni. Darker true Maroon and true gold (not yellow gold). I would like to see our current throwbacks with a spear on the side shoulder (or use old logo on helmet, new / old logo at the same time is unstable) and paint the helmets to match with out any stripes or a single gold stripe and black or gray face mask (neutral color) with solid color socks. Very old school classic look. Just my opinion.

But as has been said, this is Bruce's decision mostly and probably will not change. I would be happy with at least Maroon pants / White jersey combo. I do tire of the yellow pants ALL the time. And the jersey stripes don't match pants, socks or helmet. How hard can it be to change this? If you're going with this style, Bruce, then go all in. Change the jersey too.

HTTR

When I hear gold I think of the Saints gold. That is true gold to me.

I don't want that. And I hate the mud brown gold from those awful throwbacks we currently have.

So I am fine with the yellow gold of our current pants. At least if it's ugly it's also bright and exciting as opposed to dull, ugly and boring like the throwbacks and that dark mustar gold in the image above.

Also, I'm not sure why people freak out about the the gold pants being too yellow but haven't complained that all of our striping on helmets, jerseys and pants for 40 years has also been the exact same shade of yellow gold.

That's our color, it's a yellowish gold. Has been for quite a while imo.

• Like 1

The 80's - 90's look is by far the best looking. By far, nothing is remotely close.

I think you are just referring to the white over burgundy and I agree with you but I hate the long jersey sleeves on older jerseys. Much prefer the Cooley/Moss era jerseys with the sleeves dramatically shortened for the white on burgundy.

It's one thing that drives me crazy about Cousins is those goofy long sleeves of his lol

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

I think you are just referring to the white over burgundy and I agree with you but I hate the long jersey sleeves on older jerseys. Much prefer the Cooley/Moss era jerseys with the sleeves dramatically shortened for the white on burgundy.

It's one thing that drives me crazy about Cousins is those goofy long sleeves of his lol

If you think Cousins sleeves look goofy, have you seen Peyton Manning and Sam Bradford?

Been saying for awhile the for home games, the team should wear Burgundy on Gold.  That there is a great look.  For the away games where the team needs to wear a white jersey, then they should don the burgundy pants.

Basically, my bullet list of things to do:

• bring back burgundy pants
  • simplify the stripe scheme (3 on the gold pants, 3 on the helmet, 2 on the white/burg pants, 2 on the jersey, too many on the socks)
  • ditch the 80th (I don't like the khaki pants)
  • add a gold jersey
  • rotate between white, burgundy, and gold pants
  • rotate between white, burgundy, and gold jerseys
  • typical "home" uniform = burgundy on gold
  • typical "away" uniform = white on burgundy
  • alt home = burgundy on white, gold on burgundy, gold on white, burgundy on burgundy, or gold on gold
  • alt away = all white, or white on gold 
  • darken the "gold" slightly, not much, but just a tad bit
  • darken the burgundy to match the 70th / 80th anniversary jerseys

The above would both modernize and streamline the uniforms, and allow for plenty of the alt combos, while keeping a traditional "burgundy on gold" home look and a "white on burgundy" away look.  For the alts, only do them like a few times a season.  So of the 16 games, maybe just do an alt look for 3 games, keeping it more traditional for the other 13 games.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if Allen would consider changing things up. If teams are allowed to have 3 pairs of pants, I think we can replace white with burgundy. I like the use of the throwback, so I don't want to lose that option. 

Allen would still get 8-10 games with gold pants (home games plus the occasional road game where we wear burgundy). Fans would get a few games of seeing white over burgundy. And we'd all get the throwback sometime in October. 

I wonder if Allen would consider changing things up. If teams are allowed to have 3 pairs of pants, I think we can replace white with burgundy. I like the use of the throwback, so I don't want to lose that option. 

Allen would still get 8-10 games with gold pants (home games plus the occasional road game where we wear burgundy). Fans would get a few games of seeing white over burgundy. And we'd all get the throwback sometime in October. 

I just want the gold pants and burgundy jerseys for home, and white jerseys with burgundy pants for away. I do like the 80th anniversary throwbacks tho. Them unis are flames! I miss the faux leather helmet too.

Carolina+Panthers+v+Washington+Redskins+

• Like 4

I just want the gold pants and burgundy jerseys for home, and white jerseys with burgundy pants for away. I do like the 80th anniversary throwbacks tho. Them unis are flames! I miss the faux leather helmet too.

For me, the faux leather helmet was the greatest element on any throwback/special uniform in the history of football.  Too bad the NFL barred multiple helmets.

• Like 3

For me, the faux leather helmet was the greatest element on any throwback/special uniform in the history of football.  Too bad the NFL barred multiple helmets.

Smh... It's so lame.

I made a uniform recreation back in this thread somewhere, where I used the faux leather helmets in their uniform.

https://www.behance.net/gallery/21136409/Washington-Redskins-Uniform-Redesign

• Like 2

Smh... It's so lame.

I made a uniform recreation back in this thread somewhere, where I used the faux leather helmets in their uniform.

https://www.behance.net/gallery/21136409/Washington-Redskins-Uniform-Redesign

I like your uniform a lot I would just change the helmet feather stripe to match the stripe on the burgundy pants.

• 2 months later...

If credible, that sucks...like I didn't have enough reasons to not watch Thursday Night games last year, the NFL throws in Color Rush.  I could simply tune in, see the ridiculous colors and then turn the channel but now when the Redskins are playing on Turkey Day against their bitter rival, the NFL rolls this out.

So many things that are making me bitter about today's NFL but the all out money grab every time you turn around just seems to throw tradition of the old game out the window.

I have no idea how credable this is, but it is a report on our color rush uniforms. They are terrible.

http://was.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Redskins-Color-Rush-uniform-combo-revealed-44877599

I don't know if this is credible or not. There was an article on PFT that quoted Rooney as saying the Steelers would wear all black if the Colts wore all white, but this screen shot shows them wearing gold.

Also, the color rush games are consistently referred to being part of the Thurs. night package of games. I doubt the traditional Thanksgiving games will be part of that (they weren't last year).

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/16/nfl-apparently-has-a-plan-to-avoid-color-blind-confusion-for-color-rush-games/

I don't know if this is credible or not. There was an article on PFT that quoted Rooney as saying the Steelers would wear all black if the Colts wore all white, but this screen shot shows them wearing gold.

Also, the color rush games are consistently referred to being part of the Thurs. night package of games. I doubt the traditional Thanksgiving games will be part of that (they weren't last year).

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/16/nfl-apparently-has-a-plan-to-avoid-color-blind-confusion-for-color-rush-games/

Last season I'm pretty sure the Cowboys vs panthers game was part of the color rush thing. Panthers wore all blue which is not part of their usual uniform combos and Dallas wore all white.

Last season I'm pretty sure the Cowboys vs panthers game was part of the color rush thing. Panthers wore all blue which is not part of their usual uniform combos and Dallas wore all white.

Yep you're right - forgot about the Panthers wearing all blue.

The early game between the Eagles and Lions they wore their std. unis - no color rush - so it was a mixed bag.