Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Thanks! I really appreciate the feedback!

As a matter of fact, i'm working on that right now!lol It was gonna be the alternates, I was gonna put it up last night but I was exhausted.lol Will be up in a few.

Would like to see a version where its the colors, but no logo on the helmet. Instead, the number of the player. Kind of accepting more and more that one day they will drop the name and would prefer no nickname over a new one. In that case, a W or a number would be the options for the helmet to me (nothing blank).

Very nice work Gizmo 3squire !, have you considered different fonts for the numbers? I haven't read the entire thread, just cuious.

Yea I can try different numbers out. Any suggested fonts?

Would like to see a version where its the colors, but no logo on the helmet. Instead, the number of the player. Kind of accepting more and more that one day they will drop the name and would prefer no nickname over a new one. In that case, a W or a number would be the options for the helmet to me (nothing blank).

I can do that. So like Washington Football Club?

Thanks again guys!

More adjustments and edits made.

6zjdir7.jpg?1

I'm definitely not in favor of changing the name, but someone itt asked me to make a rendition w/ a W on the helmet.

GJcf1Et.jpg?1

Pics spoilered for size.  Click the button or click the link for full res photos including helmet and field design!

What do y'all think about these?  Probably my favorites thus far:  

11574747993_ff4ee58c0d_m.jpg

11574747043_1932a2f8ae_m.jpg

11574862144_9e51616132_m.jpg

11574862704_e9b4aee355_m.jpg

a4509083ffdc88db331c37defb4608d7.jpg

http://m1.behance.net/rendition/modules/98137853/disp/a4509083ffdc88db331c37defb4608d7.jpg

I saw this awhile back. These are my favorite as far as re-branding goes. Only issue is the Redhawks name, considering it's too close to the Seahawks. However, the same can be said for the Red Sox and White Sox. So :shrug:

• Like 2

Pics spoilered for size.  Click the button or click the link for full res photos including helmet and field design!

What do y'all think about these?  Probably my favorites thus far:  

WOW! You put some serious time and effort into that and it looks really, really good. Well done.

Although not a huge fan of the Redhawks, if that was our uni, I could live with it.

WOW! You put some serious time and effort into that and it looks really, really good. Well done.

Although not a huge fan of the Redhawks, if that was our uni, I could live with it.

I have to say I didn't make these.  I got them from this website:  

http://www.uni-watch.com/2013/12/28/college-football-bowl-reviews/

Redskins pictures are a little down the page.   Trust me if I made them they would look more like...  

tsbat0.jpg

• Like 4

I hope we never have gray face masks again. It's dull and looks amateur. They remind me of generic little league teams that save money by ordering standard facemasks for whole league. It's not like we're the Giants with gray pants, either. The facemask would literally be the ONLY part of our uniform that's gray. It doesn't make sense. Especially if we have a burgundy helmet, white jersey, and gold pants. We'd look like a color blind kid who dressed himself for school in the morning. No offense to any color blind people, but you get what I'm saying. You have to tie the uniform together.

Glad I got that off my chest.

• Like 1

I can do that. So like Washington Football Club?

Thanks again guys!

Yeah, You don't need to put "FC" on it. Just Washington and then the number on the helmet the same as the jersey. 

Hell, I'd like to see a Nats curly W on a helmet.

Thanks for sharing that Htown. That's impressive work whoever took the time do all of that. The best rebranding etc. I've seen yet. I could get on board with that if it ever happened...but based on the latest newsletter from the Dan doesn't look like it will.

edit: the Mascot would have to be a bird though wouldn't it? even if a hawk isn't actually depicted anywhere in the uni or merchandise. Unless the mascot is a big walking R lol (nevermind I read it's the name of a tribe)

Edited by MumboSauce

Just found the numbers on the actual human player models to be a little fat/chunky. Numbers that are more sleek or sharper. splitting hairs really you did an excellent job, love it.

Edited by MumboSauce

It is the off-season, so I guess we have to talk about something....right?..... :P

Some of you folks have some real creative ideas concerning the Redskins uniform of the future. I like some, dislike some too. Just please don't change the colors. They are Burgundy and gold. NOT red and white, pink and yellow, dark red and whatever................

Anyway, have fun kids. I feel a little dirty for even posting on this thread, like admiting I watch something on Bravo.........kidding.. :)

I think our throwbacks are ugly as sin, our current uniform is outdated, and it's time for a significant change.

The script r is boring, kinda like the giants ny. Tradition is one thing, but sometimes that tradition needs to be updated and refreshed. Keep the essence but capture a younger generation of fans.

I have to give Gizmo 3squire and HtownRocks111 credit for coming up with (or pointing us in the direction of others who came up with) uniform redesigns that allow for the team to wear gold pants that actually look good with the white jerseys as part of our road uniform combo.  It seems as if Bruce Allen is determined to make us wear gold pants as much as possible, even though our current road uni combo doesn't look nearly as nice as our current home uni combo.  But this idea can be accomplished, as the above efforts demonstrate.  (Or, for real world examples of said concept, look at the Southern Cal and Iowa State football programs.)  So kudos on the good work, gents.

• Like 1

I think our throwbacks are ugly as sin, our current uniform is outdated, and it's time for a significant change.

The script r is boring, kinda like the giants ny. Tradition is one thing, but sometimes that tradition needs to be updated and refreshed. Keep the essence but capture a younger generation of fans.

I can honestly say that as a child and teenager, I never for once gave any thought to the uniforms that any of the teams that I chose to root for.  I became a Reskins, Orioles, Capitals, Bullets, Terrapins and United fan because they were either the Washington team or in the case of the Orioles, the closest team to DC.  If young fans only want to be a fan of the team to "rock the gear", then I'd rather they purchase Raiders gear. 

Now, I agree, our uniforms can use a "freshening up", but in no way do I want the uniform monstrocities that are the Broncos, Seahawks, Bucs or Patriots.  Yes Patriots.  I love the old Red uniforms with the Pat Patriot hiking the ball.  I love that the Jets, Niners, Bills and Giants went back to the retro looks with a modern touch. 

The teens can have the NBA, NHL or MLB, but I prefer the simplistic look of the NFL like the Packers, Bears, Steelers and Redskins. 

So Get Off My Lawn!! ;)  :ph34r:

• Like 5

Ok, I added the numbers to the shoulders and the spear to the sleeves. Did various color variations as well.

Home

ASxCvnu.jpg?1

Away

iUOpaol.jpg?1

Alternate Home Uniforms

mrUJry8.jpg?1

aRIVP0V.jpg?1

tGBD3yd.jpg?1

Alternate Away Uniforms

v8ZRYBR.jpg?1

I know many of you don't like the idea of black uniforms, but I wanted to make black variations of our uni's.lol inb4donotlike

zoypdut.jpg?1

Gizmo could you show me the look of the Skins in Burgundy tops, White pants and Burgundy socks, I think that's the only combo you haven't shown and it has always been my favourite.