• Blog Entries

• By TK in ES Coverage
      The Bill Callahan era began here at the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami. For the first quarter it was really,really bad football being played by both teams. 
      The Redskins were determined to establish the Run game. The First Quarter all they established was that they still couldn’t run. Or pass. Or do much of anything. 

It wasn’t until the 2nd Quarter that Peterson was able to start ripping the worst Run D in the League for chunks of 18 & 24 yards. The Skins managed to score a TD with a 25 yard pass to Scary Terry McLaurin. 

The Dolphins would open the Second Half only managing five plays before the Redskins would get the ball punted back to them. They would run a balanced run/pass attack of six plays for 70 yards in 1:25 ending in McLaurin’s second touchdown of the day. The Defense would then get a turnover allowing the Offense to get to Field Goal range and add another 3 points to make the score 17-3. 

To open the Fourth Quarter, Hopkins would miss a 55 yard Field Goal, leaving the score at 17-3.  After being sacked five times, the Dolphins would pull their own switcharoo at QB and go to Ryan “Neckbeard” Fitzpatrick which resulted in a touchdown drive for them, making it 17-10. They went for & recovered the Onside Kick. They also managed to not score any points after that. The Dolphins would find theirselves with ball at the 2:00 Warning. Fitzpatrick would take them on a 9 play 75 yard touchdown drive with six seconds remaining on the clock. Miami went for the win with the 2 Point Conversion and failed. The Redskins would recover the onside kick by Miami and Keenum took a knee to get the Redskins their first win of the season. 
RSkinsFan

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

While I do like this incarnation of the yellow pants, I love your uniform avatar Hunter_R.  Those are the uniforms of The Washington Redskins for always (for some of us).

• Like 3

Yeah man, that's my basement....I busted my a** on it, so it's always good to get positive feedback.

Looks excellent.  But you may want to edit the size of the pic to comply with the forum rules.  Just a suggestion, it looks fantastic and the bathroom is hilarious.

Edited by Poman

We wear gold pants... they wear yellow.

Both wear gold pants. It's a different shade of gold, compared to the "True/metallic" gold that people always confuse with "Real"gold. When you actually look up 'Gold on Wikipedia, ours and the Packers shade of gold is the first color that you see.

When was this confirmed? I tight they had come back this year

Maybe it wasn't so I'll retract that statement. But I was almost positive that I read from someone that Nike never produced the burgundy pants. If I'm wrong, sorry for the misinformation.

Maybe it wasn't so I'll retract that statement. But I was almost positive that I read from someone that Nike never produced the burgundy pants. If I'm wrong, sorry for the misinformation.

I remember the same thing.  I've also heard that they don't show up in our 2013 style guide.  In recent years though, items not showing in the style guide have shown up on field.

We don't have burgundy pants this year? When was this announced? Personally, I hate the burgundy pants but I didn't know the team got rid of them entirely.

Both teams wearing gold pants??

Thats a uniform rules violation, i'm pretty sure.

Wrong, remember Super Bowl XLV?

And for everybody saying the burgundy pants are THE Redskins uniform, I guess you forgot the 20 years of mediocrity post 1992?

We wear gold pants... they wear yellow.

Pretty sure we have the exact or extremely close hue of gold. (different fabric though) The gold pants (and socks) we're currently wearing are based on the 1970's era pants, which were brought over to Washington by Lombardi in 1969. (we changed our helmets to the indian head logo after Lombardi died, but the jerseys and pants stuck until 1979) The Packers bascially haven't changed their pants design since. (thicker stripes and newer fabric, of course)

Bruce Allen normally makes the team wear the white or burgundy pants when playing an opponent with gold/yellow pants, but if we still have the throwback uniforms then we don't have burgundy pants for this season. I have not heard anything confirming or denying if we still have the throwback unis this season, though. Guess we'll find out Sunday.

Edited by skinsfan1993

A year or two ago, someone posted a uniform design that I really liked.  It had a feather down the side of the pants.  Thought that was really cool and modern.  But since we don't have those unis and I am an old school guy....give me the Gold pants.  Love em.

The continued obsession with our uni's never fails to amuse me. 

They can play in their jocks Sunday for all I care so long as they win. 

Hail. 

Umm yeah.  If it ever comes to that, I'm gonna just start following the game alerts on my phone.

What does Coach Mike have against our burgundy pants? I don't get it.

I don't know, maybe it's the ugliness?

All white vs the Packers!!!!!

It hasn't rained enough recently in GB to rock that properly.

Hey captains @TrentW71 @RGIII @LFletcher59 what color jersey are we wearing? I have to get my accessories ready lol

ALL WHITE @Redskins “@RGIII@PierreGarcon @TrentW71 @LFletcher59 Ha ha what you wanna wear man”

Lets do it “@TrentW71@PierreGarcon @Redskins @RGIII @LFletcher59 All White sounds good to me”

Edited by CaliSkinsFan92