Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Jurgy, I think those look great in a photo. Just one thing for me, at the game it was hard as hell to decipher numbers from inside of the stadium. That yellow is terrible.

I know it's not as cool looking, but white makes it easier to tell who is who.

You're joking, right? Those look like something Oregon would come up with. Don't know which is worse, the gold helmet, or the feather on the sock.

I'm all for a slight makeover to our uniforms, but come on, those are atrocious.

Bubble Screen, what's wrong with having a feather on the helmet or the sock? To me, it makes more sense than having just stripes. Looks more appropriate than the nostalgia conservative one's we currently have. Comparison to Oregon? I disagree.

Yeah...too much going on

Jerseys should be simple

Yep. I agree.

Really, the uniforms don't need a whole lof of work. A few basic modifications and they'd be good.

A few things I would do if Dan hired me for this:

1. Change to solid burgundy socks. No more striped socks. Except when wearing burgundy pants. Maybe introduce gold socks? Maybe keep solid burgundy?

2. Make the burgundy and white pants triple striped like the gold pants.

3. Remove the double stripe on the jersey sleeve. Just a solid gold one for burgundy jerseys, and a solid burgundy one for white jersyes.

4. Darken the colors. Use colors from 70th anniversary uniforms.

5. Make the white helmet stripes thinner like they were in the 80's.

Now that the Redskins are on the verge of greatness for years to come, I thought a new look might be appropriate. I designed a new uniform, taking elements of the traditional and some new bits. And i used burgundy and gold; not yellow, not mustard, not off-coffee...GOLD!!

The basic design:

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv99/kimdemulder/NewSkinsUniEXpsd_zpsef0afb6b.jpg

And how it might look on the field:

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv99/kimdemulder/NewUniPhotoEX_zps71371192.jpg

Whatcha think?

I like the pants and jersey, but I'd go with a single burgundy stripe on the pants and none on the jersey. The piping looks too busy. Also, I'd switch the numbers to white with gold trim and not gold with white trim. No feathers on the socks, just solid.

I'm not crazy about a gold helmet. It looks too much like the 49ers. I do like replacing the stripes with the feather, which would incorporate 2 helmets in our history. I'd curl the feather around the indian in the circle like we did in 1982. But ultimately, I'd just go with our current helmet.

How do you guys design these things? Is there a website?

Edited by pjfootballer

You people who are saying you hate our team's uniforms should be ashamed of yourselves.

---------- Post added January-30th-2013 at 06:11 PM ----------

After the success of this season, I'm going to say stick with burgundy on gold at home and white on gold on the road. I initially wanted us to switch back to white on burgundy but they had that for over 30 years and often wore it 14-15 times a season when it was our home look. It's time to put that era to rest. I like our current unis because it combines the helmets and jerseys of the 80s-present with the pants and socks from the 60s-70s.

Now that the Redskins are on the verge of greatness for years to come, I thought a new look might be appropriate. I designed a new uniform, taking elements of the traditional and some new bits. And i used burgundy and gold; not yellow, not mustard, not off-coffee...GOLD!!

The basic design:

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv99/kimdemulder/NewSkinsUniEXpsd_zpsef0afb6b.jpg

And how it might look on the field:

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv99/kimdemulder/NewUniPhotoEX_zps71371192.jpg

Whatcha think?

I think the GOLD looks very attractive. Overall I like the look. Good job.

I think a uniform change and re-branding would be the way to go. I love the Redskins name and logo but they aren't exactly PC. If we went back to a variation of the Spear Logo and went by the Skins. That would probably keep the PC police happy.

I don't think the logo itself really causes that much heartburn... it's not like Chief Wahoo, or that one Braves logo. Our logo has a dignified, stoic expression. Unfortunately, our success this year brought out all the crusaders (oops, that name isn't pc anymore either) and as we get better I doubt it's going away. I have started to resign myself to the fact that it's eventually going to happen, because the crusaders ALWAYS seem to get their way these days. Not sure how I'm going to deal with it. If I lived/ or was raised in the DMV then it'd still be my hometown team no matter what it was called, but since I'm not, then if they change the name then most of what I've identified with the last 30 years is gone.

I realize that the most likely new name would be "Warriors".... but I hate that name. It's just....meh. IF they have to change it, I'd almost wish they'd go with Washington Natives /Nations. That way it'd at least kinda have that tie in to the Nationals or something and most Reservations refer to themselves as a "Nation". If that's too generic then even Washington Potomacs would work. At least with any of those, (as with Warriors, even though I hate it) we could keep the logo and theme and it could still be the team I've rooted for most of my life.

Or... Dan Snyder could give a big middle finger to the world and name them the Bullets.

Bubble Screen, what's wrong with having a feather on the helmet or the sock? To me, it makes more sense than having just stripes. Looks more appropriate than the nostalgia conservative one's we currently have. Comparison to Oregon? I disagree.
Uniforms shouldn't look "busy", to me. The best uniforms out there that have stood the test of time, are usually simple. And clean. The Oregon comparison was because Oregon usually has some really awful uniforms. Too much going on with them. There's no place for that in the NFL, imo.

Uniforms shouldn't look "busy", to me. The best uniforms out there that have stood the test of time, are usually simple. And clean. The Oregon comparison was because Oregon usually has some really awful uniforms. Too much going on with them. There's no place for that in the NFL, imo.

Well there are so many of them that I'm sure it's 50/50 between the ones that look good and the ones where they look like VR Troopers. Their all whites, and dark greens with yellow trim look good, and their gray combos with the metallic helmet look vicious. They also have that throwback maize gold that is similar to ours, with the gold helmets, gold pants and forest green tops.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Bubble Screen, some of those clean looking teams evolved from a much more cleaner look. Not saying I'm against a simple look. But times do change.

I think if it works in college football, then it certainly would work in the NFL. Most college fans are fans of the NFL. It worked for the pro teams Ravens & Bucs. I really don't think Jurgy's work is that busy looking. IMO.. But would it hurt if the skins updated their jerseys? No. Just my thoughts.

Bubble Screen, some of those clean looking teams evolved from a much more cleaner look. Not saying I'm against a simple look. But times do change.

I think if it works in college football, then it certainly would work in the NFL. Most college fans are fans of the NFL. It worked for the pro teams Ravens & Bucs. I really don't think Jurgy's work is that busy looking. IMO.. But would it hurt if the skins updated their jerseys? No. Just my thoughts.

I never said it wouldn't hurt to update our unies. I just said I didn't like the ones Jurgy posted, that's all.

And not sure why you included the Ravens in this. They weren't an existing team that changed the look of their uniforms. After leaving Cleveland, they were basically a new franchise. There was no updating to their uniforms. The Bucs? Sure, they improved their uniforms. But how could they NOT have? They were going from a hideous color and a funny looking Pirate (or whatever that dude was supposed to be). I don't think they could have messed them up if they tried. But, for the record, their new logo doesn't do that much for me either. I like the colors, however.

I don't think the Skins unis should be adopting a real GOLD color at all. The uniforms Jurgy proposed look just like Florida State's to me. The burgundy and "gold" color scheme we have now is uniquely ours and I like it that way. There is no need for major overhaul.

If we mess with either of the two colors we've got now the Skins will just end up looking like the 49er's or FSU.

I find it considerably odd that after every time I post that "Gold" description/color palette, from Wikipedia, in which the first shade of gold referenced is the shade of gold we use (golden), someone comes along like my post was invisible and claims we wear yellow pants.

Heres a different link with a color palette

We wear gold, not yellow.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

I find it considerably odd that after every time I post that "Gold" description/color palette, from Wikipedia, in which the first shade of gold referenced is the shade of gold we use (golden), someone comes along like my post was invisible and claims we wear yellow pants.

To be fair, it is an easy mistake to make looking at our uniforms. They look very Packer-ish. Regardless, I hope we keep the current Gold pants as that is nice color and look and also bring back the Burgundy pants next year.

We would either have White Jersey/Gold Pants, White Jersey/Burgundy Pants or Burgundy Jersy/Gold Pants.

Those are probably the best uniform combinations we have anyway. We could even go Burgundy/Burgundy and have a Burgundy-out effect at a night game...ok im kidding on the last part.

I see your point and your proof... I agree, we wear gold...

To be fair, it is an easy mistake to make looking at our uniforms. They look very Packer-ish. Regardless, I hope we keep the current Gold pants as that is nice color and look and also bring back the Burgundy pants next year.

We would either have White Jersey/Gold Pants, White Jersey/Burgundy Pants or Burgundy Jersy/Gold Pants.

Those are probably the best uniform combinations we have anyway. We could even go Burgundy/Burgundy and have a Burgundy-out effect at a night game...ok im kidding on the last part.

Burgundy pants were shelved this year for the throwbacks. They'll be back this year along with the gold pants and white pants. I think you can have up to 3 pant combinations per year.

Burgundy pants were shelved this year for the throwbacks. They'll be back this year along with the gold pants and white pants. I think you can have up to 3 pant combinations per year.

I would like them to keep burgundy, gold, and the throwbacks (ditching the white for now). I would love these throwbacks to be the once- or twice-per-year uniforms for a while. It seems like some teams have the same ones that they wear each season (Dallas, Pittsburgh, etc.).