Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

I hope you are being sarcastic.

Otherwise, i question if you are even a fan and I think you should do a little bit more research to avoid self-pwnage like this in the future...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjhQBDHxyM7VvEIp1aPG19s0yzrlGY55RIZkeLfss62MqiMhP67j0twopD

Sike, for the record, that gold London Fletcher photo is an old shop. I'm pretty sure one of our own guys here did it, just cus somebody asked him to.

Hell, it might even be in this thread.

Are we allowed to keep the throwbacks as an alternate uniform for every season? I'd be all over that to keep these as our regular throwbacks to wear a time or two each year.

I'm sure we can, but we'd have to eliminate one of our current pants colors (burgundy, white, gold) as teams can only have three different combinations. I hope we start a new era and get rid of the white. Those throwbacks are too sick to be worn once.

I'm sure we can, but we'd have to eliminate one of our current pants colors (burgundy, white, gold) as teams can only have three different combinations. I hope we start a new era and get rid of the white. Those throwbacks are too sick to be worn once.

Actually, we have already ditched the burgundy pants before the season to make room for the throwback ones.

Actually, we have already ditched the burgundy pants before the season to make room for the throwback ones.

On a long-term basis though, I think we should find a way to keep the Burgundy pants to have our classic look. (Even if some people hate it there's still a lot of history in that look).

I'm thinking:

- White jersey, burgundy pants

- Burgundy jersey, gold pants

- Throwbacks

I know that... that's what I meant when I said that we'd have to ditch (permanently) our current color combo of gold white, or burgundy. We haven't permanently shelved the burgundy. Again, you're only allowed three combinations, and that khaki/metallic gold that is used for the throwbacks was in play this year, along with our gold and white pants. I'm talking about our combinations for next season, not this year.

I hope we start a new era and get rid of the white. Those throwbacks are too sick to be worn once.

Agreeance! The Redskins should never have, and should never again worn white! I absolutely HATED when we wore white-on-white! We looked like a bunch of hospital orderlies -- handing out meds and emptying bedpans.

Burgundy and gold, in any combination, every week. And agree that we should have worn the throwbacks more than one week!

---------- Post added December-30th-2012 at 03:46 PM ----------

Throwbacks weren't suppose to grab anyone's attention because it's from 1937. Helmets were the ugliest part of the uniforms.

You're not serious, right? Those leather-look helmets were some of the coolest looking helmets ever!

Between the 70th, 75th, and now 80th anniversary throwbacks, nothing beat the 70th. Those jerseys were just beautiful. I would love to just keep those as our alternates every year. I'm rocking my 70th anniversary Darrell Green jersey for the game tonight.

For regular games, I say burgundy on gold for home, and white on burgundy for away. I think all those bring together the perfect combinations and influences from all our eras when you throw in the darker burgundy of the 70th anniversary uni's.

Edited by balonywolf

They can play in Garters and Panties if they Win this game tonight. Lets Go Skins!

Gah, mental image. MUST. GOUGE. EYES. NOW.

---------- Post added December-30th-2012 at 04:46 PM ----------

Is the 3-combo limit a newer NFL rule?

I remember teams experimenting with all kinds of crazy combinations ~10 years ago. We did burgundy-on-burgundy, and white-on-white. I know the bears had a blue-on-blue combination they used once for a MNF game in 2002, and does anyone remember Miami with those freaky orange jerseys in a primetime game against us (i still remember the announcer's comment when the Dolphins took the field -- 'and someone in the marketing department had way too much time on their hands').

They must've seen the trend in college football and decided to nip the problem before teams got too creative. (Similarly, the league passed a rule this off-season saying the field must be green, after a few college teams decided to go with red astroturf)