Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

I'm with the group that says stick with a patch or something... we've been wearing these uniform for a long time, and they have changed very little. They are what represents this team, and I'm happy with that.

I think if they really wanted to do something, they should play one game with each of our old helmets. Far less distracting and it means they aren't just doing it for marketing reasons. Therefore, it will never happen.

>>Chargers tweak unis; will wear white helmets

SAN DIEGO (AP) -The San Diego Chargers have given their uniforms the most significant makeover since 1988.

The major changes include a new gold lightning bolt logo, which will be outlined in both powder blue and navy, and a metallic white helmet.

The team colors and overall look will remain the same. The Chargers will continue to wear navy blue jerseys and white pants at most home games, white jerseys and navy pants on the road and powder blue jerseys with white pants at select home games.

The team will unveil the new look Wednesday.

‘‘I think it’s really great,’’ NFL MVP LaDainian Tomlinson said in a statement released by the team. ‘‘I think it is time for us to have our identity, with our jerseys. So I think it is only right to have our own new jerseys and create our own era and our own identity.’’

Said quarterback Philip Rivers: ‘‘You know, it’s really an honor that they’ve chosen our team to be the first to wear this new uniform.’’<<

This article got me thinking...how long has it been since the Redskins have made any real changes to their uniform. I know there are so many more important issues to discuss right now, like who heck is going to play Guard now that Dockery is gone but I cant help but wonder what it would be like to see our beloved Skins in some new duds.

I like when the Skins wear their throwbacks with the spear on the helmet and the red jersey with gold pants. But aside from those and when they made the bold decision to go all white, there really hasnt been too much variety in the uniforms. Yes, they are classic and I do appreciate that they have stood the test of time with the current color scheme but I have to wonder...is the time right for a uniform redo?

How many teams have coincidentally reversed their fortunes once they made alterations to their uniforms? The Bucs have won their only Super Bowl since changing from the bright orange and the Seahawks made their only Super Bowl appearance since their change. The Pats became a dynasty since tossing the red and the old bent over Patriot guy on the helmet. The Falcons became too legit to quit once they went black. The Broncos, well, the orange just had had to go.

Im not really proposing that the Skins do anything drastic, just something slightly different. Who knows, maybe it is what this team needs to take the next step. lol

What do you guys think?

:2cents: :logo:

We have 4 good ones to choose from that are retro. I say only retro, but I like what we have with our modern day helmet, Indianhead on Wardrum helmet. I hate all the modern team logos that are arrowdynamic, they suck. IE, carolina, Jax, Atlanta (transformer falcon), denver, and so on.

Keep it Classic...

Actually... I thought in the Smoot presser when they were holding up that number 27 jersey, it looked to be a considerably darker shade of burgundy. I could be wrong. But either way the Skins have the best colors in the NFL hands down.

AND!!! We switched to black shoes last season. A minor tweak that i really liked.

I agree....most of that new stuff looks like s*** anyway. Just look at what they did to the Falcons helmuts and jerseys.....Jacksonville? Better yet, just take a look at the Bengals....there's too much going on! It doesn't look like a Pro Football uniform anymore, it looks like graffiti! The Vikings went and destroyed their uniforms, as well. There comes a time when too much change is not realy a good thing.......

the Chargers can change their uniforms because their uniforms have no Super Bowl history

our (current) uniform has history that teams like San Diego can never understand; winning not just one Super Bowl, but multiple Super Bowls

:applause::applause::applause: Well said.

I agree....most of that new stuff looks like s*** anyway. Just look at what they did to the Falcons helmuts and jerseys.....Jacksonville? Better yet, just take a look at the Bengals....there's too much going on! It doesn't look like a Pro Football uniform anymore, it looks like graffiti! The Vikings went and destroyed their uniforms, as well. There comes a time when too much change is not realy a good thing.......

Yeah I'm not down with all that futuristic garbage. I like things the way they are, there's no need to "modernize" our jerseys. They just need to keep things simple. Changing uniforms doesn't solve anything.

Less is more ... we should go to all whites with the top of the helmet feather logo used in 1961. This will do away with the offensive "redskin" logo used today!

It's not, the president of the American Indian Association gave the picture to the Redskins in 1971 to use to represent them. It is an actually picture of a Blackfoot Indian Chief. They wanted it used instead of the "R".

I have seen a couple of posts that the Redskins will be wearing retro jerseys next season in honor of their 75th Anniversary.

I have a suggestions on when to wear them. How about when we play the Giants and Bears at home and if they wear them on the road, in Green Bay.

These are 3 of the NFLs oldest franchises and teams that have rich traditions and it would be fitting to wear the retro jerseys against those teams.