Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

It's not up to Nike. It's up to the organization

True, but I'm sure Nike can come to the Redskins with proposals, and vice versa.

The truth is that none of us really know what the hell is going on with this and anything that any of us is saying is spectulation and educated guesses.

Thant and wishful thoughts.

I remember when they did away with the gold pants after the 1978 season. They got new uniforms that were one of two schemes: the burgundy jersey/white pants and the burgundy pants/white jersey. My favorite was always the burgundy pants/white jersey. I wish they would wear those again. I'm not crazy about their bringing back those gold pants.

Yeah, I want them to bring the burgundy pants back too. Gold looks good as trim, but not as a primary color.

Bring back the white on white if you must go light, but the mustard pants belong in McDonaldland !

I don't get this McDonalds thing at all. I hear people say it, but I guess they just think the team looks like clowns? The Washington Redskins, the Burgundy & Gold, look absolutely nothing like Ronald McDonald to these eyes. Maybe I'm the one who needs my eyes checked, because I'm not seeing it.

---------- Post added October-16th-2012 at 07:37 AM ----------

The gold pants are ugly, but probably more than anything else, a tribute by a son (Allen, Bruce) to his father (Allen, George). So while understandable and admirable , the burgundy pants still look way better.

I don't get this either. Now if you said Denver's pants are ugly, or Atlanta or any of the teams that where the fugly "new school" stuff , then I'd agree. Gold pants with 2 burgundy stripes and one white; nothing ugly about that.

The only things that need to be done to the uniforms are getting the striping figured out (2 stripes, 3 stripes, solid socks, striped socks, etc...), and using the color scheme from the 70th anniversary.

Nah, Packers and Steelers wore yellow/gold pants in the SB. Jersey color is the only thing that has to be different per NFL rules. We'll wear white jerseys with gold pants in Pittsburgh.

i know rules have nothing to do with it... I'm speaking on the fact that since the Redskins have brought the gold pants back, they have not worn them when the opposition wears yellow/gold pants.

i know rules have nothing to do with it... I'm speaking on the fact that since the Redskins have brought the gold pants back, they have not worn them when the opposition wears yellow/gold pants.

Yeah, I'm not sure, maybe it's a preference thing or I do know that most teams know what they are wearing in each game before the season even begins.

Guest Spearfeather

I guess you're specifically speaking of the Steelers and the Packers and that shade of gold, because we did wear the gold pants against the 49'ers last year.

Panthers game, Thanksgiving game is what I hear

Where did you "hear" this news??

---------- Post added October-16th-2012 at 10:06 PM ----------

Love the white-on-white. Shows all the mud, etc.!

I dont like the white on white...... I would rather see the all burgundy over the all white

Edited by skins2victory

Guest Spearfeather

The Steelers will be wearing their throwbacks against us, this week.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTIBI4-sJDWIZdJ1iwjka2_E7bSSsW_uty5RlCs0Sgb0V71xeVw

Which had me thinking, what would our white jerseys look like with our throwback helmets and pants?

we seriously cannot lose to them in these...please God no

Seriously, those are the most ridiculous uniforms I've ever seen. Looks like some kind or Ronald McDonald bumblebee prison costumes, lol. They should have their prisoner number on the front and back instead too just to complete the look, IMO.

Well, instead of Enter Sandman or some other anthem, I assume the Steelers will run through the tunnel to Flight of the Bumble Bee. I have a sudden craving for tuna as well.

Dan T. put up an offering in the Look a Like thread with this uniform. I mentioned this would be in a three way race for worst throwbacks, these, the Eagle blue and yellow crap and of course, the Denver Broncos original brown and yellows.

Edited by RFK Lives