Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

I know it's all preference n'all, but I just gotta disagree. The Burgundy on White just never looked right to me. I remember being a kid and when the team would wear them...I always thought it looked odd. Something about seeing RIggins in that combo always looked off to me.

The Gold is where it's at, and needs to permanently stay. For me, this is the better look:

GrossmanVert124720832WEEB.jpg

The Gold pants would look better if they weren't the exact same color as Ronald McDonald's outfit.

QUOTE]

Meh just shows that Ronald's a Skins fan.... I love the gold mustard and still think an alternate jersey in that color could be cool.

Edited by hawgboy

You all are trippin', the white pants are good. Look at them...

1. The white pants are good because they recall a time when the Skins were the cream of the crop. Annually a playoff (or playoff worthy) squad.

2. Here's the problem for me- The white pants are bad because they recall a more recent, longer-standing era of sub-mediocrity and downright dreadfulness.

3. I'm done saying it after this post. It's time for a new old look. Gold pants. :)

I still think that burgundy over gold for home and gold over burgundy for away. No white pants or jerseys.

You have to have a white jersey. I think the Steelers have an alternate yellow jersey, but we'd need to have a white jersey just in case a team ever did.

You have to have a white jersey. I think the Steelers have an alternate yellow jersey, but we'd need to have a white jersey just in case a team ever did.

"But white isn't one of our colors!!!" as everyone says. How can the jerseys be white? /

Anyway, I really like the white pants but I am coming around to the gold as well. I only associate the white pants with the last 20 years of losing since I was 5 during the 91 season, so it's not nostalgia of past glory. I like them because I think they look good. But the gold is growing on me, so I guess either way I am happy.

Another thing, If you look closely at the gold pants we've been wearing the past couple years, it is a different shade of gold when compared to the rest of our uniforms. I usually compare it to the color of our facemasks as it the next biggest amount of gold to compare the pants to. Its a shade or two off, but still close enough to look good.

Im expecting Nike to match them up perfectly and will look a more truer gold this time around.

If we are eliminating burgundy pants, we should have a standard away uni of white over gold ala the Tenn game 2 seasons ago. White on white should be out. For the away games we wear the burgundy jersey, we should wear the white pants. We should NEVER wear white on white or burgundy on burgundy. And in my book, we should wear gold pants ALWAYS.

I really like the White on Burgundy, and I don't know if I'm ready to part ways with that look. Has it been officially announced that the burgundy pants are gone this year?

I've been saying this for a while, but my ideal uniform combos would be:

Home = Burgundy Jersey / Gold Pants

Away = White Jersey / Burgundy Pants

Alt Home 1 = 70th anniversary uniform

Alt Home 2 = 80th anniversary uniform

Alt Away 1 = White Jersey / Gold Pants

Alt Away 2 = 75th anniversary uniform

Doing this, the vast majority of the games, we get the team in either Burgundy / Gold, or White / Burgundy. Rotate the anniversary uniforms yearly, so one year we wear the 70th, the next the 75th, and the next the 80th.

So of the 16 games, have like two games with the team wearing a throwback. Years our throwback is home colors (70th / 80th) use them for 2 home games, with the other 6 being standard Burgundy / Gold.

For the 8 away games, have 6 with White / Burgundy, and 2 with White / Gold (years we use the 75th, sub it for the regular white / gold look).

If we are eliminating burgundy pants, we should have a standard away uni of white over gold ala the Tenn game 2 seasons ago. White on white should be out. For the away games we wear the burgundy jersey, we should wear the white pants. We should NEVER wear white on white or burgundy on burgundy. And in my book, we should wear gold pants ALWAYS.

You can't say this isn't a great look...

Minnesota+Vikings+v+Washington+Redskins+smOiMD0JzX0m.jpg

eh... how is this thread still alive and relevant? there are only so many combinations for the uniform, which i am sure has been discussed to death by now....

eh, you can argue that 90% of the off-season threads are crap, and don't matter. Many of which are repeats or slight variations of threads that have already been created. It's the off-season man, there a'int much to talk about now. Uniforms have relevance right now b/c 1. we got an 80th, and 2. the team may (is rumored to) drop the burgundy pants.