Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Also. We have gone away from our traditional redskins socks. WHY!?

1. White socks with 1 burgundy and 1 gold stripe.

2. White lower, Burgundy upper with gold triple stripe

Now we wear the plain burgundy and white...gross

Thats where this uniform leaves more to be desired...RG3 needs some nice socks!

...What the hell are you on about?

135955149_crop_450x500.jpg

131639560_crop_450x500.jpg

You mean those socks? The ones we're wearing RIGHT THERE?

Edited by NLC1054

Excuse me? Yes those

Look at all the nike redskins uniforms. No traditional socks.

For frak's sake...

The anniversary unis are based on the unis we wore in 1937. They ARE based on tradition just by the simple fact that they're replicated as closely to the 1937 jerseys as possible. As for the current unis, we haven't seen the friggin' away unis yet. I'll venture a guess that the "one burgundy stripe/one gold stripe" socks will appear.

Socks...we're talking about socks? I mean, seriously. We're talking about socks.

Socks...we're talking about socks? I mean, seriously. We're talking about socks.

:rotflmao:

RG3 looks like a million bucks in that YouTube clip, sporting the "burgundy" jersey and white pants. (I put "burgundy" in quotes because it has long looked more like cardinal to me. But since I'm a USC grad, I won't complain. ;) )

I know it's fashionable (see what I did there? :pfft: ) to hate on the white pants, but I've long been cool with 'em. Now, my fave uniform combo is the white jerseys with the burgundy pants and the burgundy "Buffalo Nickel" helmets. In other words, our current base unis. Damn, I love those unis! :cool: But the white pants? They don't irritate me the way they do so many others. C'est la vie.

It's being reported that we've also ditched the white socks with the two stripes. We will be wearing the solid burgundy socks with both sets of pants. Bad move IMO.

Also, some folks have made comments that a third pair of pants have the same restrictions that an alternate jersey would have. That is not the case. There are no such restrictions. If that were the case, why would we have worn both the gold and white pants more than twice last year?

Edited by StephenB

It's being reported that we've also ditched the white socks with the two stripes. We will be wearing the solid burgundy socks with both sets of pants. Bad move IMO.

Also, some folks have made comments that a third pair of pants have the same restrictions that an alternate jersey would have. That is not the case. There are no such restrictions. If that were the case, why would we have worn both the gold and white pants more than twice last year?

From what I gather NCL1054 saying, teams can basically have 3 uniforms. Most are Home, Away, Alternate. The Redskins the last few years have had their home (Burgundy Jersey / White Pants), their Away (White Jersey / Burgundy Pants), and a Gold pants alternate with no alternate jersey.

Since we are keeping the white pants, that means our home is the Burgundy / White combo, the Away is the White / Burgundy combo, and the alternate is the 80th. With this, there is no room for the alternate "gold" pants worn the last two seasons. I guess the rules will prohibit the team from having 4 pants (white, burgundy, 80th, and gold).

Unfortunately, it looks like the team decided to keep the white pants, which in my opinion, is a bad call. They should have dropped the white pants altogether while they had the chance, leaving the regular home uniforms the Burgundy / Gold that we've seen the past two seasons. Why people in the front office feels white is better is beyond me. I guess they think the team is Burgundy & White with a little bit of gold here and there.

From what I gather NCL1054 saying, teams can basically have 3 uniforms. Most are Home, Away, Alternate. The Redskins the last few years have had their home (Burgundy Jersey / White Pants), their Away (White Jersey / Burgundy Pants), and a Gold pants alternate with no alternate jersey.

Since we are keeping the white pants, that means our home is the Burgundy / White combo, the Away is the White / Burgundy combo, and the alternate is the 80th. With this, there is no room for the alternate "gold" pants worn the last two seasons. I guess the rules will prohibit the team from having 4 pants (white, burgundy, 80th, and gold).

Unfortunately, it looks like the team decided to keep the white pants, which in my opinion, is a bad call. They should have dropped the white pants altogether while they had the chance, leaving the regular home uniforms the Burgundy / Gold that we've seen the past two seasons. Why people in the front office feels white is better is beyond me. I guess they think the team is Burgundy & White with a little bit of gold here and there.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2008091407/2008/REG2/saints@redskins#tab=recap

wasn't this the game when it was absolutely scorching outside? but here are the redskins comfortable in their white on white while the saints had to wear those black unis and had to be burning up.

this was a good game regardless though and i recommend you watch the highlights.

Meh, it's an alternate.

Though I will say that when going with a throwback style it's better to be more simple and drab than goofy like say the Steelers, Packers, Eagles (Blue & Yellow) or Bears (Red Grange era).

Also, at least it commemorates a championship team, unlike the 75th arrowheads which commemorated what exactly? Last place for 30 years? Last team to integrate? What?

Honestly tho, the team's current identity (same since the 80's) IS the true identity for this franchise. I'd wish they were more loyal to it (BRING BACK THE WHITE ON RED ALREADY) and less to the yellow pant clown suit from the 70's (which won exactly 0 SBs and was Lombardi just bringing the Packers look with him.)

Strengthen what you have and look forward for alternates, everything pre-1982 means nothing to me, bring it back sparingly, very sparingly for the older fans.

Edited by Rodriggo
grammar

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2008091407/2008/REG2/saints@redskins#tab=recap

wasn't this the game when it was absolutely scorching outside? but here are the redskins comfortable in their white on white while the saints had to wear those black unis and had to be burning up.

this was a good game regardless though and i recommend you watch the highlights.

I'd much rather see the team wear White on Gold than all White.

Santana+Moss+Tony+Brown+Washington+Redskins+BAXFXV2i4IDl.jpg

---------- Post added May-11th-2012 at 09:58 AM ----------

Meh, it's an alternate.

Though I will say that when going with a throwback style it's better to be more simple and drab than goofy like say the Steelers, Packers, Eagles (Blue & Yellow) or Bears (Red Grange era).

Also, at least it commemorates a championship team, unlike the 75th arrowheads which commemorated what exactly? Last place for 30 years? Last team to integrate? What?

Honestly tho, the team's current identity (same since the 80's) IS the true identity for this franchise. I'd wish they were more loyal to it (BRING BACK THE WHITE ON RED ALREADY) and less to the yellow pant clown suit from the 70's (which won exactly 0 SBs and was Lombardi just bringing the Packers look with him.)

Strengthen what you have and look forward for alternates, everything pre-1982 means nothing to me, bring it back sparingly, very sparingly for the older fans.

Completely disagree. Those 80's uniforms, especially the white pants, are tired. Yes they had their place, but after 20+ years of sucking in that look, I thought the Gold pants were a very welcome change. How anyone thinks Burgundy on White is better than Burgundy on Gold is beyond me.

White on gold is my favorite combo. I use them all the time in Madden. If we had to stay with the traditional Gibbs era Redskins look. I would prefer we go back to wearing white all the time. I can't stand the Cowboys wearing white @Fed-ex

Completely disagree. Those 80's uniforms, especially the white pants, are tired. Yes they had their place, but after 20+ years of sucking in that look, I thought the Gold pants were a very welcome change. How anyone thinks Burgundy on White is better than Burgundy on Gold is beyond me.

It's subjective. I meant white uni, red pants, white socks btw. The look they wore when they won 3 SBs, to me that's the Redskins, always will be.

Agree about the red on white, that look for more than 1 or 2 games a year is a beating.

I'd go for Gold pants if it was darker and not just a Packers rip off. Those pants just say Ronald McDonald to me.

It's subjective. I meant white uni, red pants, white socks btw. The look they wore when they won 3 SBs, to me that's the Redskins, always will be.

Agree about the red on white, that look for more than 1 or 2 games a year is a beating.

I'd go for Gold pants if it was darker and not just a Packers rip off. Those pants just say Ronald McDonald to me.

I hear ya...I've mentioned it before, but I think the 70th anniversary uniforms got the colors right. I'd like to see those colors incorporated on the modern uniforms.

If I were in charge, I'd change the colors to the 70th and for the games it would be something like:

Home = Burgundy Jerseys / Gold Pants

Away = White Jerseys / Burgundy Pants

Alt Home = 75th but with Burgundy Jersey

Alt Away = White Jerseys / Gold Pants (chief helmet like the pic I posted above).

Home = Burgundy Jerseys / Gold Pants

Away = White Jerseys / Burgundy Pants

Alt Home = 75th but with Burgundy Jersey

Alt Away = White Jerseys / Gold Pants (chief helmet like the pic I posted above).

That would work for me. As long as white/burgundy is kept AND USED, I'm cool.

I mean take the Orioles for example, they win world series with the toon bird but they go throwback when they opened Camden Yards only to now go back to the look that defined them when they won championships. Same with the Blue Jays.

Just don't want to see that with the Skins, need to keep that "championship classic" in the mix.

I'd much rather see the team wear White on Gold than all White.

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Santana+Moss+Tony+Brown+Washington+Redskins+BAXFXV2i4IDl.jpg

I love the white on gold. The gold pants need to stay.

I'm not sure why we aren't seeing the gold pants since Bruce Allen was so set on bringing them back.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2010/05/redskins_moving_toward_gold_pa.html

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2010/08/redskins_alumni_will_help_deci.html

Edited by HogNose

Maybe it's just me, but I think it's really refreshing that Griffin didn't go with the "loose sleeve" look that the NFL allows for QBs - think Favre, both Mannings, and Romo. It looks a lot better with the fitted sleeves.

I agree, and tha't the big reason I don't like stripes on the sleeves anymore. I think the cramming of both the burgundy and gold strips on the sleeves looks silly. Rather it should be a solid gold band for the burgundy jersey, and a solid burgundy band for the white jersey.

For me, I'd like to see a slightly updated version of this:

sonnyjurgensen.jpg

Basically that same jersey with a gold band at the bottom of the sleeve would be it. I love the dark burgundy jersey and the white numbers with no trim. Looks sharp, clean, and classic.

For frak's sake...

The anniversary unis are based on the unis we wore in 1937. They ARE based on tradition just by the simple fact that they're replicated as closely to the 1937 jerseys as possible. As for the current unis, we haven't seen the friggin' away unis yet. I'll venture a guess that the "one burgundy stripe/one gold stripe" socks will appear.

WTF is your problem?