Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

ok, here is what's sad about this thread.

It starts as a "I heard that there WILL be 75th anniv Uni's"

Then you get the "I wish they would focus on winning" reply. Which is totally fair.

Then you get the otherside who can't stand to hear anything negative about the team. If they are winning but the Uni's are ugly. Then its "They are focused on winning, uni's don't mean jack". If you're losing but they look sharp in their new uni's then its "This is a business, they are in it to make money....and they are good at it".

Why can't it be "Yeah, they do look sharp, but they still need to focus on fixing their disfunctional front office and get their heads into winning"?

I'm sure there are enough people at the Park to focus on both.

Like you just said. There are enough to focus on both. One has nothing to do with the other, so how is saying that "they should just focus on fielding a winning team" a fair thing to say in a thread like this? It is a pointless stab, and the reason the thread has strayed away from its' intended topic. If someone attacks, someone will defend. The blame doesn't lie with the defender.

I just hope the new uni's are cool.

Give it a rest guys. The NFL is a money making machine. NFL shop.com did $70 million in sales alone last year. All teams are trying and for the most part, succeeding in making money. Win a division? Here comes the official tshirt, hat, bumper sticker, ect. to go along with it and fans will buy them. Win the conference? No problem. Same thing. And you know what's coming for the Superbowl winner. Okay. Those are the winners. Have a bad team? No problem. They'll just put a popular players name on a throwback jersey and off to the races. Hey. Tell you what. Have a problem with that replica you bought? No problem. Reebok has "re-engineered" the old one and made it so that there is a better fit,look, and feel to the thing. Even adding the NFL equipment logo to it. Better get rid of that old one and pick up one of these fast. In this case, the fact that the team has been in the league in one city or the other since 1932 and it's now 2007 just may have something to do with it. You want to beat up on Dan and the gang about stuff including fielding a winning team, go for it. But don't blast the Dan and the team for doing what every other team does in one shape, form, or the other regardless of record. That's just silly imo.

Oh. And when it comes to building a team, winner or not, guess where some of the cash to do just that comes from? Yep.

PCS, why are you using common sense and meaning in your posts? You know that those things are not used in these parts any more, don't you?:cheers:

Unless they issue "retro" jerseys in legendary Redskins players (Mann, Rypien, Butz, Coleman ,Warren, Jacoby etc.) I think I'll pass. I've been burned enough with buying current players like Bailey, Davis and Arrington :mad: so from now on I'll be getting throwbacks

If the Skins do start to win again, maybe it will be worth getting a Campbell jersey-- but if they go nowhere it would be like owing a Stephen Davis or Brad Johnson (or even worse Deion Sanders or Bruce Smith)

2 years ago, on 980 it was reported that Snyder petitioned the league for a black alternate jersey.

It takes 2 years for the change to take effect, unless you win the Super Bowl, and then you can make a change right away. That's what the Rams did (from yellow to gold).

Makes sense that he would petition for a change in time for the 75th anniversary. I hope they don't suck. They can't be any worse than the "Storm" jersey. I mean, why on earth would you want a gray jersey? Just don't wash your white jersey, or go root for the Raiduhs.

If we go to the paloffs next year, people will say the uni's were good luck.

If we suck again, people will say that it was a gimmick for Snyder to make more money.

If it looks good, I'll buy it. If it's ugly, I won't. I will try not to make a correlation between the team's record and the jersey.

Now, let me go put on my lucky Dockers, cuz I need to make some sales today...

I kinda doubt they'll bring back the awesome spear helmet uniforms. Why? Because Gibbs HATES THEM!!! In fact, Gibbs hates all uniforms other than white jerseys and pants. God knows why, it's the most boring combo in the history of sports.

I think Gibbs should be forced to wear the same underwear for every game until they win...which should motivate him to field a winning team.

Does anyone think or know if they will have a game dedicated to the 75 greatest Redskins? like they did the 70 greatest

That has already been done. Doing it for the 75th anniversary would be silly. Don't expect another anniversary celebration for another 10 or so years.

I kinda doubt they'll bring back the awesome spear helmet uniforms. Why? Because Gibbs HATES THEM!!! In fact, Gibbs hates all uniforms other than white jerseys and pants. God knows why, it's the most boring combo in the history of sports.

I think Gibbs should be forced to wear the same underwear for every game until they win...which should motivate him to field a winning team.

Gibbs hates the burgandy tops, not the burgandy pants.

If he had his choice they only wear white jerseys and burgandy pants.

The white and white look came after a team vote, just trying to start something positive, change things up a bit.

Gibbs does not like the white on white though and it was done away with during this season if you didn't notice.

bet they go with White Uni's, but ones that look like this.

31942638.jpg

I would love it if they would go with the Uni's from the early 70's. Complete with the Grey face masks, the Burgandy Jersey on Gold pants and the White Jersey on Gold pants. I'd even like to see the multi stripe socks again.

I'll shed a little truth on this whole matter...:laugh:

Right now I'm a little sore from the season and down. Once Spring and summer roll around I will have amnesia of last years events and those jerseys that look like "marketing ploys" will once again be must-have items. Last years struggles will once again be viewed as what will make this team fight harder and win and I'll be ampd up and ready to go by July...:laugh:

I overheard the lady behind the counter by the gamers today saying they will be having Dexter Manley and other former players jerseys in the store if they get the permission from the players.

They already have Manley. He's been there for a while. Some other players should come up soon too.

It also means, LOSERS.

It means Redskins of the mid to late 60's, who were losers. The 2002 Redskins were losers.

Enough with the transparent money making schemes and why not focus on building a winner first?

The Redskins can make the 07 season special by fielding a good team, not by "celebrating" the 75th anniversary with gimmick uniforms and trotting out former players at halftime yet again while the current team is 2-6 or something.

I'm sick and tired of "showbusiness".

YOU SAID IT BROTHER!

We had horrible teams in the 60's...and getting ripped every time we wore them in 2002 was embarrasing. They are dull and the pants looks like mustard.