Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

"Redskins just do it" - Wow, Nike has some real marketing gurus over there eh?

And that damn "swoosh" constantly up the side of things. I haven't bought Nike shoes in so long. They never fit my feet right and their quality went to crap a while back. I've been a New Balance buyer for about 10 years now. My feet are happier.

---------- Post added April-2nd-2012 at 11:16 AM ----------

I hate the flat hats, but I also hate the "weathered" bent hats. Just give me a fitted, bent billed hat that looks new.

So is New Era going to make an unstructured hat that is soft, comfortable and looks a little weathered? All I see are these hard flat billed hats that look like something a rapper might wear.

Where are the basic redskin logo caps? grrrrr:mad: Why didn't NIKE get the hat contract?

Who is going to wear this??

I also hate that hat, but for different reasons. I don't want Washington covering up the logo. And that color isn't Burgandy, I don't know what it is, but it's not Burgandy.

It just does not look like a Redskins hat.

The hat is the wrong color - burgundy looks a million times better than cherry red. Also, I hope the uniforms change as little as possible tomorrow, but I gotta admit, I've never liked the thick, angular "Redskins" font that is used on so much of our gear. It looks okay in an end zone, but that's about it.

Looks like there's also going to be a "[NFL City] Knows" line of t-shirts, from Nike, too - like this:

http://store.redskins.com/images/products/8045_large.jpg

Edited by Timmy Smith

^^^^

That tshirt is 100% poly and has a wicking finish on it.

I work for Hanes printing tshirts and I can say that isn't overpriced. Our version is almost $30 without the printing.

That being said I don't like them that much. They're clingy and some of ours pick easily..

^^^^

That tshirt is 100% poly and has a wicking finish on it.

I work for Hanes printing tshirts and I can say that isn't overpriced. Our version is almost $30 without the printing.

That being said I don't like them that much. They're clingy and some of ours pick easily..

Well event he regular t-shirt is $35.

http://store.redskins.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=8029&catID=67

So is New Era going to make an unstructured hat that is soft, comfortable and looks a little weathered? All I see are these hard flat billed hats that look like something a rapper might wear.

Where are the basic redskin logo caps? grrrrr:mad: Why didn't NIKE get the hat contract?

http://nfl.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p11762158dt.jpg

Like this?

7961_large.jpg

They may as well put "Dallas" across the hat if they're gonna cover up the Redskins logo like that.

Very disappointing. I certainly won't wear some flat billed shiny red piece of crap. The shirts are overpriced as well (what else is new), but super lame on top of that. "<team name> just do it" ? "<team name> knows" ? Gice me just the team name, or try to come up with something unique for each team, not this generic crap.

"@rak98 At the Nike NFL Launch Event the New Redskins uniform is sweet!!! Will have a pic for I guys later today!"

I thought we didn't have much of a change? Now I don't know what to expect, even minor tweaks here an there could give our uni's a fresh look. Any idea if we'll have an alternate?

The uniform posted on WTOP yesterday was boring. I guess it beats the amusement park "throwback" uniforms in the NBA and NFL.

I think we need a new thread for the new unis but I'm sure the mods disagree. :ols:

funny thing was, that was the Kansas City Chiefs uniform (rumor). I can't stand the laziness in the journalism of this town. It's not that hard to read a paragraph or two to find out what something is, lol.

But I for one, am stoked about today.

I'd personally like to see more 1960's era in the uniform... like some more spears here and there.

Oh hell no....I hope this isn't true. :(

New Washington Redskins uniform to address controversial logo

----------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:

:whew: Terrible article....it links to the fake uniforms posted last fall.

Edited by HogNose

Oh hell no....I hope this isn't true. :(

New Washington Redskins uniform to address controversial logo

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2012/04/new-washington-redskins-uniform-to-address-controversial-logo-74492.html

I went to the site. It's based off the prototypes from months ago. And it's the chiefs prototype they are basing it off. No worries there.

Looks like there won't be any major changes, just some minor ones to Carolina and Seattle. Bummer.....hoping to get something cool for the 80th anniversary season. Really wanna see the feather helmet return, just tweaked to be more modern and more badass.

The helmets with the arrow the team wore during the Spurrier era looked so much like Seminole helmets, I thought Steve would throw a visor just for that.

Shirt in post #4523...I bought a replica w/o Nike logo at Walmart, but the material does 'pull'...I make sure I take my rings off.

Hat in post #4527...love it!! That's a good lookin' hat, provided the color comes out right. Burgundy is hard to get just right, (ex was a pressman and color is essential).

Yeah just saw that....I should've known that it was lazy journalism. They should take that story down.

well on channel 5 news this morning they said "major" changes and a "new" uniform for the skins, and that they would also be changing the controversial logo, or something along those lines and there may be a big backlash against it... I'm hoping they don't **** with the logo, it's iconic. They better not change it!

well on channel 5 news this morning they said "major" changes and a "new" uniform for the skins, and that they would also be changing the controversial logo, or something along those lines and there may be a big backlash against it... I'm hoping they don't **** with the logo, it's iconic. They better not change it!
They are not gonna change the logo. The new Nike shirts that are out our using the Chief head logo so that tells you right there they are not making a change.