Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

perfection....

greenx.jpg

Close, but the jersey is way too busy. Get rid of the stripes on the sleeves, the arrow patch on the upper left chest area, and move the "tv" numbers from the shoulders to the sleeve. Also, I like the "spear" helmet, but I think I'd rather stick with the current one for now (sans the two white stripes).

ap0909030199279.jpg

Funny because the jersey you posted is way too boring

Um ok. No need to take it personal.

Anyway, the look works for the Giants, the Redskins once did something similar, and they should probably go back to it. The 70th is on the right track, but for me, there's just too much going on.

Other than the colors, the Giants have what I'm trying to go for:

victor_cruz02--300x450.jpg

perfection....

greenx.jpg

The darker truer burgundy is the right color. I think you could do this and keep the current helmet logo while getting rid of the speak on the sleeve also.

---------- Post added January-26th-2012 at 07:35 AM ----------

The arrow on the helmet sucks. No helmet of ours should ever be without it's current logo.

I don't agree with this. More than half the team history didn't have that logo. I'd even be fine with a straight deep burgundy helmet with the strip down the middle and the players' numbers on the side.

Arrows vs Indian Head

White pants vs Burgundy vs Gold vs Yellow

Stripes vs No Stripes

Black Jerseys

It took me 291 pages and 4,360 post, but I finally realize that the only jersey that would make us happy is a... winning jersey. (Then again, knowing this fan base, the only thing that people would complain about while the team is winning would be the jerseys :doh: )

Edited by MLSKINS

Arrows vs Indian Head

White pants vs Burgundy vs Gold vs Yellow

Stripes vs No Stripes

Black Jerseys

It took me 291 pages and 4,360 post, but I finally realize that the only jersey that would make us happy is a... winning jersey. (Then again, knowing this fan base, the only thing that people would complain about while the team is winning would be the jerseys :doh: )

Hey man, if all we had to complain about is the uniforms, I'd be happy. Unfortunately, this team still has a ways to go. Plus in the off-season, I'm not much on speculation...I try wait for proof (signed contracts, results on the field, etc...) before I comment on a whole lot on other things. I think it's fun n'all to speculate about getting RG3 and stuff, but at this point it's as meaningful a discussion as talking uniforms.

Edited by Diesel Hog

perfection....

greenx.jpg

Yup!!

I bought an Authentic Personalized!! Took me months to save for but worth every penny!! Just have to get it framed.

On a side not.... When I went to get it framed, guy recommended Cleveland Cavs colors to best match the matting (for the background).

Um ok. No need to take it personal.

Anyway, the look works for the Giants, the Redskins once did something similar, and they should probably go back to it. The 70th is on the right track, but for me, there's just too much going on.

Other than the colors, the Giants have what I'm trying to go for

I don't understand the fascination with recycling our old uniforms. I can't wait till the team is run by people in my generation so maybe we could get some new uniforms that don't date back to before my parents were born. Lets put it this way, we change our uniforms for a reason, theres no need to go back to our old designs.

I don't understand the fascination with recycling our old uniforms. I can't wait till the team is run by people in my generation so maybe we could get some new uniforms that don't date back to before my parents were born. Lets put it this way, we change our uniforms for a reason, theres no need to go back to our old designs.

Um ok. I don't think generations have **** to do with it. You either have good taste or you don't. If you think those horrific Nike designs were good, or if you think the Skins need black jerseys, or if you think the Patriots/Broncos/Seahawks/Bangles uniforms looks good, then you have bad taste. This is not an opinion, it's fact.

As much as I hate the Giants, them and the Raiders pretty much have the best uniforms. Less is more friend.

Yup!!

I bought an Authentic Personalized!! Took me months to save for but worth every penny!! Just have to get it framed.

On a side not.... When I went to get it framed, guy recommended Cleveland Cavs colors to best match the matting (for the background).

I have that jersey in the Authentics. Cost me over $300.

---------- Post added January-26th-2012 at 02:43 PM ----------

If you knew anything about jerseys, you'd know that most teams have gone back to their old style of jerseys, with a modern touch to them (Buffalo, Denver will be from what I'm hearing in here, NY Jets, NY Giants, San Fran, NE sometimes, SD sometimes, Atl sometimes). Some teams needed to change theirs (Tampa Bay- but I do like the creamcicle look every once in a while).

Even teams in other sports are doing it (76ers, Capitals-with a modern touch, Wizards- close, but not the Bullets, Vancouver Canucks). If you can take an old style jersey and modernize it, it would look badass. I like the Burgundy color from the 50s/60s. I think our jerseys are too "redish and yellowish" for my taste. I like DieselHog's idea for using the Jurgenson era uni and modernizing it.

Please just do away with the yellow rather than gold and I would be happy. I know gold can be a bit more yellowish, but I can't stand the shade that they have chosen. Every time they wear those pants they look like team McDonald running around the field.

I certainly don't think that. I'm fine with the current "gold", as I think it's a major improvement over the white pants. Having said that, I'd be cool with a slightly darker, and slightly less shiny gold. The one from the 70th is darn close, but maybe not quite that dark. Think somewhere between the current "gold", and the 70th and I think that would be perfect. I hope the team never goes the Rams / Saints "gold". I think that would be terrible.

For the Burgundy, I'm on board with the darker look for sure. Sometimes, especially on bright sunny days, the current jersey and burgundy pants can look more like a metallic cranberry than burgundy.

Brian-Orakpo-with-Defense-Redskins-Blog.jpg

heap.jpg

A jersey like this could be kinda cool. Tweak it to modernize it a bit, but something like a mix between the ones I've been posting of Sonny, the 70th and this:

6174978885_5e7b926b80.jpg