Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

I meant it as a minor part of creating a winning tradition as a whole. new uniforms for a new mentality, yanno?

Yeah I getcha. I mean, I'd like to see new uniforms (if were to do them) when a new era officially starts, or at least looks like it's starting. Personally I find it more of an association thing not so much of a new attitude thing.

Not a huge fan of the Lombardi "R" helmets.

Ideal for me would be an updated version of the spear helmet and a toned down gold on the pants (not like the Niners/Rams/Bucs style gold though, still more "yellow") and burgundy tops at home. White tops gold pants with burgundy accents away.

This should be a perm throwback

Sleeve stripes, numbers without outlines.

I don't know if stripes are needed anymore...everyone seems to push their jerseys sleeves up so high, stripes on the arms kinda seem pointless now.

I think a jersey like seen below, with the Gold pants would be perfect. Except make the gold a little more muted (not so shiny), and slightly darker.

sonnyjurgensen.jpg

Edited by Diesel Hog

And also, I dunno if it's been posted yet, but rumors say that when Nike unveils the 2012 unforms for all clubs on April 1 (I know, bad day to unveil it), that the Redskins might have a black jersey shown.

I am guessing that nobody didn't see this because I know that most fans do not want a black jersey. I am one of those fans.

I hate the mustard color on our uniforms, I liked the 2009 all burgundy jerseys, about the only good thing that came from that year really.

Oh man, I think that is by far the worst look the Skins have ever donned.

So by "mustard"...do you not like yellow? I mean, the Saints kinda sport a "spicy brown mustard" look, and the Skins kinda have the French's mustard thing going. If it came between the two, I'd much rather have the more yellow look. I despise the "gold" used by The Saints and The Rams. Also, they may as well drop the white pants too. Keep it burgundy and gold.

And also, I dunno if it's been posted yet, but rumors say that when Nike unveils the 2012 unforms for all clubs on April 1 (I know, bad day to unveil it), that the Redskins might have a black jersey shown.

For the love of God, no. You can sell that garbage black jersey to fans, but keep it off the field.

---------- Post added January-17th-2012 at 02:15 PM ----------

I'd like to see a feather on the helmet for every superbowl win and a slight redesign with each one as well. Almost like the little signs on helmets in college for good deeds. Warrior tradition. Take an ear.

We could incorporate that on the sleeve. Look at Hockey jerseys and they have an alternate logo or some kind of design that incorporates the city or region. Five feathers for five championships. Afterall, 1937 and 1942 still count.

Guest Spearfeather
This should be a perm throwback

Sleeve stripes, numbers without outlines.

I've never liked the gold outlines, and from a distance, it almost has a blurring effect. To me, it looks better without them.

Agreed, but why not just make these our home jerseys.

But then, what would they do with the white pants, ( wish they would just get rid of them ). In, other words, I dont know if they would even consider wearing the white pants with those jerseys.

any chance that anything will happen?

Probably not. I'm just talking about unis b/c I'm sick of speculating on RG3. It is the 80th anniversary though, so maybe. But...with all that this team needs, I'd say it's at the low end of their concerns. Then again...Danny likes making money, and with Nike doing the uniforms + 80th, I'd be a little surprised if nothing happened. I mean, its marketing, and isn't Snyder supposed to be really good at that stuff?

Guest Spearfeather
any chance that anything will happen?

Allen said a couple of years ago, " We're going to rely on our tradition, " or something close to that.

The funny thing is, we went from wearing one particular combination, 12, 13, 14, times a year, to wearing no combination more than five or six times in a season.

Edited by Spearfeather

NIKE is responsible for one of the worst uniforms in the league....the Bronco uniform. I'm not looking forward to this partnership.

How radical can NIKE get? Aren't there standards they have to follow? It's going to look like a Rollerball film in the coming years. :doh:

NIKE is responsible for one of the worst uniforms in the league....the Bronco uniform. I'm not looking forward to this partnership.

How radical can NIKE get? Aren't there standards they have to follow? It's going to look like a Rollerball film in the coming years. :doh:

Oh man, I didn't know Nike designed the Broncos unis. They are awful! Why they ever changed from the cool 70s/80s/early 90s look is beyond me.

john-elway.jpg

20111211__tim-tebow-broncos-pocket-passer-121111p11.jpg

The broncos uniforms I dont mind, but whoever designed the patriots uniforms probably should consider a change in career.
I agree, I don't think the *newer* Broncos uniforms are bad. I think as a fanbase we like the old ones becuase it brings back such good memories for the Redskins.

I did think the old Patriots uniform was great, so much better than the Funky Phantom on the side of the helmet. But, the Patriots were a doormat for a long time with those uniforms and if you think about Denver, they never got over the hump in their old uniforms. Not buying into the theory that clothes make the team if you will but if you are trying to change a culture...

I like that the Bills went back to their tried and true. Tampa should keep what they have, but I do like them rocking the creamcicle every now and then. I'd prefer Denver go back to the old look. I like that the Giants and Jets went retro years ago. Patriots look better in the red with the big Pat Patriot hiking the ball. Can't stand the "new" look with the Vikings. Like the Niners going back. Hate the Seahawks all blue. The Rams going from yellow to gold was cool, but again, I like to see them bring out the old school yellow. And the grandaddy of them all--- Powder Blues for the Chargers year round.

Edited by pjfootballer

Not buying into the theory that clothes make the team if you will but if you are trying to change a culture...

As a 20 year old Redskin fan, I associate our current uniforms with pain and despair. I want nothing more than to change our uniforms as soon as possible because the potential of this team doesn't resemble the past (if that makes any sense whatsoever)