Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Burgundy pants, gold pants, as long as they are not white it's cool. Time to retire those things. Now that I'm used to seeing the Burgundy on Gold, it's hard to believe that anyone ever thought the Burgundy with White pants looked OK. When I see that now, it just looks stupid. I hope that combo never comes back.

---------- Post added September-30th-2011 at 10:59 AM ----------

I really hate the gold pants

Why? Gold pants >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>White pants.

Edited by Diesel Hog

Burgundy pants, gold pants, as long as they are not white it's cool. Time to retire those things. Now that I'm used to seeing the Burgundy on Gold, it's hard to believe that anyone ever thought the Burgundy with White pants looked OK. When I see that now, it just looks stupid. I hope that combo never comes back.

I'd be fine with that too. I think I'd wear gold pants with burgundy in all cases and switch around which pants we wear with the white jerseys. I'd also be fine if they rocked the gold every week, but there's still something about the white over burgundy that I love since it was our go-to uniform during the glory years.

---------- Post added September-30th-2011 at 11:03 AM ----------

I would love to rock the white on white, but I know how much everybody dislikes those. :(

I don't really like that combo, but the one time we wore those in St. Louis (2005), we had a pretty easy win (24-9) and two running backs rush for over 100 yards. So, from that perspective, it would be cool. :ols:

I'd be fine with that too. I think I'd wear gold pants with burgundy in all cases and switch around which pants we wear with the white jerseys. I'd also be fine if they rocked the gold every week, but there's still something about the white over burgundy that I love since it was our go-to uniform during the glory years.

I'm on board with that.

Home = Burgundy tops / Gold Pants

Alt. Home 1 = 70th Anniversary (once a year)

Alt. Home 2 = 75th Anniversary but with Burgundy jerseys (once a year)

Away = White jerseys / Burgundy pants

Alt Away = White jerseys / Gold pants (twice a year)

Alt Away 2 = 75th anniversary (once a year)

I'm on board with that.

Home = Burgundy tops / Gold Pants

Alt. Home 1 = 70th Anniversary (once a year)

Alt. Home 2 = 75th Anniversary but with Burgundy jerseys (once a year)

Away = White jerseys / Burgundy pants

Alt Away = White jerseys / Gold pants (twice a year)

Alt Away 2 = 75th anniversary (once a year)

Don't the NFL have a limit of three jerseys a year. Or something like that.

Edited by MLSKINS

I don't think they were ruined though. Our current uniforms were worn during the Turner, Spurrier, and Zorn years and people still like them.

I know what youre saying, but we also won with those current unis. I loved the 70th anniversary ones when they came out, but dang 2002 and 2003 were such a black hole for Redskins football.

All I can say is...... The striped socks have got to go.... Every player wears them differently, and it looks tacky and unprofessional. (some have white above and below the stripes. Some have white below the stripe with burgundy above. Some wear burgundy above and below the stripe.) I really like the gold pants, but all burgundy socks need to be worn with them.....

I think the burgundy on white looks so much better than the gold pants. The white pants makes us look cleaner and slicker in my opinion.

Do not agree. I don't think white pants have any place here, and they aren't a tradition any more than modern facemasks. Looks too much like the Chiefs.

ctay.jpg

Taylor_Charley_Action_180-220.jpg

redskins-123.jpg

I'd love if they went back to these generation of unis from the Charlie Taylor era. The numbers are clean. Burgundy or White Jersey's with the "Gold" Pants. CRISP BABY!

Edited by Buford

For the crisp and clean look, I wouldn't mind having just a plain burgundy jersey with white numbers, like this:

SonnyJurgensenPhoto.jpg

Some with think it's boring, but I like it. With the way players wear the jerseys now, essentially sleeveless, there is no need for the multi stripe look. Maybe add a single gold band around the sleeve, but that's it.

I have come to realize that my opinion is completely the minority!! haha.

Home: Burgandy/Gold or Burg/Burg

Away: White/White

Love the White/White really really do. I just like the slick, clean, crisp look. I will watch Portis and Moss highlights from the Gibbs 2 era to get me fill...

For the crisp and clean look, I wouldn't mind having just a plain burgundy jersey with white numbers, like this:

Some with think it's boring, but I like it. With the way players wear the jerseys now, essentially sleeveless, there is no need for the multi stripe look. Maybe add a single gold band around the sleeve, but that's it.

I love the Dark Burgundy. The 70th Anniversary jerseys are my favorites.

Away: White/White

Love the White/White really really do. I just like the slick, clean, crisp look. I will watch Portis and Moss highlights from the Gibbs 2 era to get me fill...

I guess that is why I like them so much because of the run we had in 2005.

• 3 weeks later...
I'd love if they went back to these generation of unis from the Charlie Taylor era. The numbers are clean. Burgundy or White Jersey's with the "Gold" Pants. CRISP BABY!

can't stand the white with gold look. To light, to bland, I'd rather wear burgundy pants with the white jerseys.

Edited by MrJL