Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Hmm, I actually kind of like the gold jersey idea.

I do too. I didn't think I'd like it, but once I saw it, I really liked it. I'm not sure it would work with anything other than the Burgundy pants though...Gold on Gold would just be too over the top, and Gold on White wouldn't look that good. We need to make this happen. Anyone know Bruce?

D-Hog, they look like practice uni's to me

I see what you're saying b/c it's what the QB's wear in practice. Still though, I like it. Not sure if I'd go exactly like what is seen in that picture, but I definitely think Gold tops / Burgundy pants can work. If anything, it could make for a good alternate once a season.

I guess Gold on White could work....the White jerseys / Gold pants looks great. The LA Rams busted out Gold / Yellow jerseys in the 90s...doesn't look too bad:

1955+LA+Rams.jpg

Why would we wear the 70th anniversary unis? Wouldn't we wear a different commemorative uniform for the next anniversary? And for the record, I didn't care for the 70th anniversary uniform. It looks like a caricature of what our uniforms are supposed to look like.

I disagree strongly. If for no other reason, every Redskin fan should love the 70th anniversary unis simply because they were actually burgundy and gold. Not red and yellow.

I disagree strongly. If for no other reason, every Redskin fan should love the 70th anniversary unis simply because they were actually burgundy and gold. Not red and yellow.

I loved them. The other one's that I loved (and use on Madden for every home game) are the 1940's uni's with the Burgandy helmet and jersey/gold pants.

Those Maryland unis were FUGLY! All of them are bad, I hate the designs / patterns on all of them. Sorry to all you UMD fans out there, but with Football, the classic look always looks better than the crazy stuff. If the latter, it just comes off looking like Arena Football.

Go look at Penn St., Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, then look at Maryland. You tell me what's better.

As a MD fan, I agree. I hate the "Oregon-ification" of our uniforms.

---------- Post added September-8th-2011 at 01:27 PM ----------

This would be amazing! I'd love to see the Skins totally switch it up and wear Gold Jerseys.

5160317464_ecd4fe2722.jpg

Wait a minute, you hate the MD jerseys, but like this monstrosity?

Anything but the burgundy tops with white pants. That's the only combo that I just can't stand. I'd be fine with white on white/burg/gold, burg on burg, burg on gold, whatever.

And I actually wouldn't mind actual burg and actual gold, because let's be honest, we call it gold, but when I see it, the first thing that pops into my head is a bottle of French's mustard.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Anything but the burgundy tops with white pants. That's the only combo that I just can't stand. I'd be fine with white on white/burg/gold, burg on burg, burg on gold, whatever.

And I actually wouldn't mind actual burg and actual gold, because let's be honest, we call it gold, but when I see it, the first thing that pops into my head is a bottle of French's mustard.

I really really hate the ****ing mustard comments. Get over it! If it were "gold" like the ugly **** Notre Dame, or New Orleans, or the Rams wear, then it would just look like spicy brown / ballpark mustard instead of French's. Whatever, one is a brighter shade, and deep yellowish color, and the other is a brownish, shiny, darker look. Either way, yellow / gold can look like mustard. Personally, I'd much rather have the "gold" the Redskins wear now over what the Rams have. The latter is flat out hideous.

So all you "gold" haters, the ones who say you hate the "French's Mustard look", is this what you want?

Ball Park Mustard:

large_dueling-stadium-mustards-2002.jpg

Edited by Diesel Hog

Gosh, I love this thread. This sucker got me my one and only NNT back in the day. (Hi there TK. ;) ) I love our unis, would make just a couple of minor changes. Bring back the flat pants, don't like the shiny burgundy, and put the two fat stripes back on the jersey sleeves. That way I can reminisce about the glory days easier.

I really really hate the ****ing mustard comments. Get over it!

I love the Stadium...

I really really don't give a **** whether you hate it or not. You need to grow up. A 35 year old man getting all emotional over the word mustard? You ought to be ashamed of yourself. Heres a tissue...

If it were "gold" like the ugly **** Notre Dame, or New Orleans, or the Rams wear, then it would just look like spicy brown / ballpark mustard instead of French's. Whatever, one is a brighter shade, and deep yellowish color, and the other is a brownish, shiny, darker look. Either way, yellow / gold can look like mustard. Personally, I'd much rather have the "gold" the Redskins wear now over what the Rams have. The latter is flat out hideous.

So all you "gold" haters, the ones who say you hate the "French's Mustard look", is this what you want?

To clarify, I never said I hated the mustard (don't cry this time) color, in fact, I actually like it, it just isn't gold, or "traditional" gold, at least to me. Now the guy above me just said that the actual color is "true gold." If it is, then fine. You clearly care a lot more about this than I do. In no way am I a "hater." Judging from your post, it seems that you literally read the last sentence of my post and wailed away. Learn to pay attention.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Don't give a damn what you guys say, the new uniforms make the Redskins look like the Redskins. We wore gold trousers much longer than burgundy or white.

Who knew that an apparent grown man could be driven to tears over the politically correct color of our pants. Tiz serious bidness, these pants are...

Edited by Mr. Sinister