Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

redskins5.jpg

I like that too, but don't know if that would interpret well into 2011 from 1961 with the sleeves now under the pads, motorcycle looking helmet now instead of the old Ridell RK helmet, fancy gloves instead of tape on the fingers and hands, well kept field instead of the bare, dirty/muddy field, etc. The look fit the era so perfectly.

Edited by SlinginSammy HOF '63

They need to go back to the mid to late 60's style uni's with the feather up the back of the helmet and the dark burgundy and gray face masks.

Put the Indian Head logo on the hips of the pants and the spear on the shoulders. Alternate white, gold, and burgundy pants.

We wore those uniforms for only a short time, but I thought they were simply and pretty cool looking. Throwback style like when the Vagiants went to the uniforms they were today.

Those Maryland unis were FUGLY! All of them are bad, I hate the designs / patterns on all of them. Sorry to all you UMD fans out there, but with Football, the classic look always looks better than the crazy stuff. If the latter, it just comes off looking like Arena Football.

Go look at Penn St., Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, then look at Maryland. You tell me what's better.

Edited by Diesel Hog

FWIW I would actually like to see the gold top, burgundy pants. Someone has a pic of Fletcher wearing it in their sig (can't remember who though).

I like the gold pants thing too, but after seeing the sig, I'm kinda liking that look.

Edited by TheRookie

FWIW I would actually like to see the gold top, burgundy pants. Someone has a pic of Fletcher wearing it in their sig (can't remember who though).

I like the gold pants thing too, but after seeing the sig, I'm kinda liking that look.

This would be amazing! I'd love to see the Skins totally switch it up and wear Gold Jerseys.

5160317464_ecd4fe2722.jpg

Why would we wear the 70th anniversary unis? Wouldn't we wear a different commemorative uniform for the next anniversary? And for the record, I didn't care for the 70th anniversary uniform. It looks like a caricature of what our uniforms are supposed to look like.

And that goes for all throwbacks, IMO. They are usually poor attempts by marketing managers to capture the "classic" look of a team with modern dyes and fabrics. Just design a uniform to be modern with classic cues. What's so hard about about that? That is why I love wearing the gold pants with the modern jersey and helmet.

I would love for Reebok to update the feather helmet uni with modern and matching colors. If you've ever looked at the feather helmet it was scarlet instead of burgundy and didn't match the burgundy fabric of the uniform.