Seahawks

Broncos

Titans

Vikings

Cowboys

Eagles

Giants

bam!!

I think the gold pants are hideous. I remember when we had those throwback uniforms on during the NFL's anniversery season that one season in the mid-90s and I was watching the Redskins play and my Uncle walked in and checked out the football game I was watching and his first reaction was "Eww man! Who's wearing those ugly uniforms!?" and he pointed out the Redskins colors. He had no clue who was playing with those throwback uniforms.

I have to say that I agree with him. Those uniforms were butt ugly and so was the franchises 75th anniversery uniforms for that matter. I'm glad that is over with. I couldn't stand to live through watching those another year.

Bottom line is this: Yellow trim is good. Too much/too dark yellow AKA gold is ugly, especially when it's the main solid feature of a uniform like pants or jerseys are.

Couldnt disagree more.

Gold pants are the tits.

Just look how slick that uniform above is. Gold pants, burgundy jerseys at home. Gold pants white jerseys on the road with the classic helmet. Even the gray facemask adds to the look.

I like those and this:

5119lb.jpg

brown_larry.jpg

One of the above should be our primary unis, end of story.

I don't see the harm in incorporating all the unis....

For most home games, 6 of the 8, wear yellow-gold pants / burgundy jerseys. Maybe for 2 home games, wear the 70th Anniversary.

For most road games, wear burgundy pants / white jerseys. One game wear the 75th Anniversary, and for another road game All White. Bamo-Whamo, everyone is happy and the Redskins aren't wearing burgundy pants / white jerseys for 14 of the 16 games, but rather 6 games. I reckon we could just do away with the White Pants / Burgundy Jerseys (the yellow/gold looks better anyway IMO).

Edited by Diesel Hog

What would be awesome would be going with an all black uniform on occasion. It's the coolest thing in sports. I love it when the Jaguars wear theirs.

New Zealand's rugby team is pretty bad ass.

:wtf: This is a joke right? Redskins in all black would be beyond heinous

What a joke that 75th anniversary year jersey was for us. To only wear it once was a travesty. They made all this hype about the redskins and the 75th anniversary that they only wore the jersey once! In the 70th anniversary year, they wore the jerseys at least 4 times that I can remember and possibly even more. MTH could certainly tell us better how many times they wore it, but they certainly wore it more than ONCE! They also had 70 greatest Redskins. They could have added to the list five more players which would have been a nice gesture to former players and added more hype to the hype machine.

I love our uniforms just the way they are. Why mess up a good thing?

Whoever mentioned the Seahawks uniforms needs a prescription for glasses, or else give them a taste test because we already know they're blind folded. :P Those uniforms are HIDEOUS!

Allow me to list some of the best and worse of the NFL (in no particular rank) IMO....

Worst:

Seahawks

Browns

Packers

Giants (what ever happened to those cool ones from the 80s?)

Jets (Again, see above note. ^ )

Steelers (probably the best of the bad)

Bills

Raiders

Colts

All of the above mentioned could use a change in uniforms. I give the Steelers a pass though because they look good enough and there's a winning tradition with those there. Colts Giants and Raiders aren't that bad but still bad. As for some others, I think the Seahawks, Bills, and Patriots all ruined their uniforms by the change. The Bills always had bad uniforms IMO but they made them even worse and completely unberably hideous by doing that. The Patriots looked much better in the brighter blue Jersey. Still they're silver helmets/pants helps offset any negative effects of the too dark blue Jerseys. On a side note, what is it with every NFL team's fascination with blue? I count close to HALF (14 specifically) of the teams in the ENTIRE NFL that wear some shade of blue! And the majority of those wear a dark dark navy blue. What's up with that?

The NFL needs alot more variety in colors; specifically brighter colors.

As for the best:

Redskins

Broncos

Cardinals

Cheifs

Bengals

Panthers

Dolphins

All that being said, I still prefer the orange Bronco jersey's over the blue. I think WAY too many NFL teams have switched to blue Jersey's and there's not much distinction anymore. That and there's hardly anybody who wears orange or red in their uniforms. The Bronco orange used to be synonomous with their franchise. I used to think of that color any time I would think of the Bronco's team growing up, so it's a disapointment when they don't wear that color.

As for the Redskins, I think what we have now is just right. Don't mess with a good thing.

I actually don't mind the Seahawks uniforms, but what absolutely destroys it is that rediculous neon green they have in their color scheme. Did you by any chance see Seattle's draft day hats? They look like something a school crossing guard would wear

Edited by Yeen80

I remember when we had those throwback uniforms on during the NFL's anniversery season that one season in the mid-90s and I was watching the Redskins play and my Uncle walked in and checked out the football game I was watching and his first reaction was "Eww man! Who's wearing those ugly uniforms!?" and he pointed out the Redskins colors. He had no clue who was playing with those throwback uniforms.

Your uncle must not be much of a fan, if he couldn't recognize the classic Redskins uniforms from the Juregensen/Lombardi era.

brown_larry.jpg

One of the above should be our primary unis, end of story.

I don't see the harm in incorporating all the unis....

For most home games, 6 of the 8, wear yellow-gold pants / burgundy jerseys. Maybe for 2 home games, wear the 70th Anniversary.

For most road games, wear burgundy pants / white jerseys. One game wear the 75th Anniversary, and for another road game All White. Bamo-Whamo, everyone is happy and the Redskins aren't wearing burgundy pants / white jerseys for 14 of the 16 games, but rather 6 games. I reckon we could just do away with the White Pants / Burgundy Jerseys (the yellow/gold looks better anyway IMO).

I don't even think they have to get that fancy.

Wear the above uniforms all the time. There is a white jersey variation of it for hot home games (September) and road games.

You can always wear the current uniforms again after a few years as "throwbacks".

I liked the all burgundy. I'd also like the team to come up with some sort of alternate look. Something with burgundy shoulders and across the very top of the chest then gold underneath. Sort of like the Cards do with red and white.

I don't even think they have to get that fancy.

Wear the above uniforms all the time. There is a white jersey variation of it for hot home games (September) and road games.

You can always wear the current uniforms again after a few years as "throwbacks".

Good point. This looks better than all white IMO:

5218jt.jpg

Long live the feather helmet! This is the best uni ever. Just update the colors of the feather, make the maroon a true burgundy and we have a winner.

CharleyTaylorFeather.JPG

or this if you prefer the spear:

4952sj.jpg

I don't hate this but it looks a bit too collegiate (USC in particular). Still though, that would be a pretty sweet throwback.