Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Rebeca did some research and apparently that's what Coach Zorn decided.

Apparently he wants the players to wear white the first half to avoid getting too hot, and will start with the burgendy jerseys at home against the Cowboys. Have at it.

I have a hard time believing they are going to switch color at half time. That means the opponent would have to do the same. I highly doubt the NFL would allow that.

Or do you mean the first half of the season, they will wear white and they will wear burgundy during the last four home games?

Apparently he wants the players to wear white the first half to avoid getting too hot, and will start with the burgendy jerseys at home against the Cowboys. Have at it.

Uhmm.. I have no hard evidence to back this up. Only my ever fading memory. But we NEVER win in Burgundy against Dallas.

Don't get me mrong - its a great looking jersey. I own one. But we don't win in it.

I have a hard time believing they are going to switch color at half time. That means the opponent would have to do the same. I highly doubt the NFL would allow that.

Or do you mean the first half of the season, they will wear white and they will wear burgundy during the last four home games?

We are going to wear white jerseys the first 4 home games then switch to burgundy for the last four home games. Have not seen the cowboys wear the white jerseys at a game ever, that should be cool, we can see the grass stains and blood on them much easier.

If true, that's pretty cool. I'd like to eventually move to wearing the darks at home for all 8 games.

Wow, when was the last time the Skins wore burgundy at home against the Cowboys? That'll take a little getting used to. Hopefully that doesn't backfire against the Skins like it did against the Cowboys in 2005.

The year Marty Schottenheimer coached the Redskins, they wore burgundy at home in a loss to the Cowboys. The Skins wore burgundy at home all year in 2001.

The year Marty Schottenheimer coached the Redskins, they wore burgundy at home in a loss to the Cowboys. The Skins wore burgundy at home all year in 2001.

Thanks for the heads up. For some reason the early parts of this decade are fuzzy for me, including the Redskins.

So, it's been about 7 years since that happened. I guess that's enough time to make a partial comeback. Hopefully the Skins have much better results this year.

I want to see more gold in our unis, but not gold on gold -- we're not the Lakers. The George Allen era burgundy on gold was great, with the darker burgundy and less mustardy gold. I think we should do something more like that for the few road games where we don't wear white. But I think we should stick with white on burgundy at home. I just like the white jerseys. But please no white on white ever again.