Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

I love some of the cool new logos, etc...but not the Redskins. Also, Redskins are Indians (derrogative term or not - dif discussion, dif day), Indians are are Natvive Americans, just says tradition, has tradition writtne all over it. Drastically changing would not be the way to go, but if i were to see a Gibbs4prez change, i couldn't disagree too much...but what would you do that wouldn't be pointless?

Black pants? no - Black is a trendy color - do you notice MANY teams thoughout all sports went with black as an added color. The lions went with throwing black in there, the Flyers now have black instead of orange, the 76ers went to black instead of just red white and blue, etc...it's the most added color. Plus Rutgers has RED AND BLACk as their main colors, the skins dont have black in their helmet to make those pants not look RIDICULOUS! :)

I think it would be cool to do a couple things.

First of all, for the majority of our history, we've worn the dark jerseys (burgundy) at home. I think we should revert back to that at a minimum. I want to remember the white jerseys at home as predominantly a Joe Gibbs thing (even though Norv kept it in place).

Secondly, I think we should come up with some type of new look. Nothing like Minnesota or Atlanta, but some type of retro look like the New York teams have done in the recent past. Even if we did burgundy jerseys, yellow pants, and the current helmet at home and white jerseyes, yellow pants, and the current helmet on the road, that would be great.

To me, the current set up is always going to be a Joe Gibbs thing, and I want that to be preserved.

Wow, you people who keep talking tradition and history need a tradition and history lesson on the Skins. They've changed their uniforms before several times.

Once again I remember why I stopped posting on this message board.

relax....

i dont know how we would change it. i wouldnt be opposed to wearing the burgundy a little more often though.

no' date=' however burgundy on burgundy might be bad ass (later in the year though cause they would roast in end of summer games with those babies on!)[/quote']

i photoshopped cp one time to wear burgandy on burgandy it looks to much like the cardinals to me

I think they should go with a black pants look, I saw a pic with Ray Rice from Rutgers, They have about the same color scheme, jersey wise, and red helmets, and I like the color black

So I guess now we know coach Zorn is posting here! :silly:

Changing cranberry to burgundy=$$$$$$$$$

Burgundy on burgundy unis=$$$$

Gold pants, a-la FSU=$$$$

White helmet=:puke:

If anything, I think we should just keep the same uni configuration and just substitute our "burgundy" and "gold" for true burgundy and gold.

That being said, I'm perfectly happy with our current look.

Actually, that would be nice. I like our uni's but if you changed the to the actual colors I think that would be nice

I don't know where everyone is getting black from....

Black is for the raiders, and a side-color of the falcons...

That sends me into a rage when I hear anyone wanting black jerseys. I think of gangs, crips, bloods and wannabe gangstas wearing those colors. I feel like jack-slapping anyone who suggests it. I don't know why, it just sends my into a rage.

I agree with the earlier posts, wear white jerseys/burgundy pants first couple games because of the heat. Then change to burgundy jerseys/white pants for rest of games. This team is built on tradition, but we need to stop living in the past, this is not 1983, new coach, time for a change.