Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Most important question, does the quitter take his wretched yellow pants with him?

I like the yellow pants with the red jersey.  I wish theyd find a way to get some yellow on the jersey.  And I'd hate for them to go back to primarily wearing the white jersey. 

I like color, I wish the NFL would allow teams with non-similar color schemes to both wear color jerseys.  There's no reason the Bears couldn't be wearing orange while the Pack wears green today

Edited by MrJL

I like the yellow pants with the red jersey. I wish theyd find a way to get some yellow on the jersey. And I'd hate for them to go back to primarily wearing the white jersey.

I like color, I wish the NFL would allow teams with non-similar color schemes to both wear color jerseys. There's no reason the Bears couldn't be wearing orange while the Pack wears green today

No offense, but that is the worst thing I've ever read.

Edited by Rodriggo

I like color, I wish the NFL would allow teams with non-similar color schemes to both wear color jerseys.  There's no reason the Bears couldn't be wearing orange while the Pack wears green today

Before TV, color on color match-ups were the norm.  Black and white TV broadcasts made it hard to tell one team from the other, so the new tradition became that one team would wear white so the viewer could easily differentiate the teams playing.

• 2 weeks later...

“As soon as I laid eyes on those Zubaz uniforms, I almost went home.  The whole first week, I thought about leaving.” - Jay Gruden on his AFL teams unis. [/size]

Hopefully he isn't a fan of the gold pants and scraps them. It's time for a complete overhaul of the unis.

Allen was the driving force behind the gold pants, not Shanahan. I doubt they're going anywhere.

Allen was the driving force behind the gold pants, not Shanahan. I doubt they're going anywhere.

I can only hope. I *love* the yellow pants. My wife often jokes I only watch the Redskins because I love the colors. That's not true, but it helps. To me, this is about as good as it gets. I would use it for home and away, haha.

09000d5d829029f8_gallery_600.jpg

Edited by bobisimo
  • Like 1

Hopefully Allen will listen  to the input of his new guy on this subject. Those yellow pants gotta go, it irritates the **** out of me every time I see them.

lol how does it irritate you? i bet it wouldnt be irritating you if the skins wore those colors all the way to the superbowl and then won :)

lol how does it irritate you? i bet it wouldnt be irritating you if the skins wore those colors all the way to the superbowl and then won :)

Even if we won in those hideous things I'd still be irritated. We need to stick with our real uniforms instead of trying to phase them out.

Damn you Allen  :angry:

gclark.jpg

Edited by spjunkies
  • Like 2

I liked the look of the throwback this year and felt with a few modifications and modernizations it could work as our regular unis. No stripe helmet with gold face mask (though I switched back to the spear in my final design) and putting the Redskins "R" on the blank gold pants to give it something. Then I switched out the older logo from the jersey and replaced it with the more modern one and came up with this.

modernthrowbackcust_zps9c0f979c.jpg

• Like 3