Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Last I checked, Skins colors were still burgundy AND gold, yet we continue to see white pants with tiny gold accents on the helmets and shoes. Now, I'm not totally opposed to wearing white pants once a season, but I liked the return to the old school burgundy jerseys/gold pants last year. It made us look like the Redskins again.

Exactly.:)

Why are so many people worried that they did away with the gold pants??? Just because they used the white pants for the unveiling doesn't mean that's all we'll ever see.

Btw, I hope we see a gold alternate jersey. :fingersx:

Edited by HogNose

They don't even look like jerseys...the neck of the "elite" one looks beyond stupid.

I don't mind them. The regular one looks like a definite step up from the Reebock Replicas...those things were a POS. The Nike "game jersey" seems much better. Of course, we'll have to wait and see for sure, but from what I can tell, I'd say it's a step up from the Reebock ones.

I think a gold jersey once or twice a year would be pretty neat w/ burgundy pants. I know the Steeler game left a bad taste in the mouth of a LOT of folks when it comes to the All Burgundy combo. While I didn't think it was horrible, I wouldn't like it exclusively. As far as the helmet.... I'm pro native face till I die.

Has there been an announcement of when they'll release the Alternative jersey for us?

Read on twitter, that Orakpo (at the event) said that the Redskins were one of the few teams to go all out for their alternate.

Edited by rockfan7224

The teams themselves have final say over the uniforms. Bruce has often chose to wear the white pants at home, along with the gold. The gold isn't gone, it just will just flipflop with the white like the last two years.

And I wonder what our new alts are... 80th anny unis? Gold helmet/jersey?

I read that there is a team "motto" stitched on the inside of the collar of every jersey, unique per team. The Panthers have "Keep Pounding"; an honorary to Sam Mills. Does anyone know what the Redskins' one is, or have a list for the other 31 teams?

I was hoping they would stay around $75. $100 for a jersey is going to turn a ton of people away.

No doubt - including myself. Weren't the mid-grade Reebok's $99? Or were they $125?

Eh who am I kidding, I'm sure I'll shell out the hundo for an RGIII :ols:

I read that there is a team "motto" stitched on the inside of the collar of every jersey, unique per team. The Panthers have "Keep Pounding"; an honorary to Sam Mills. Does anyone know what the Redskins' one is, or have a list for the other 31 teams?

"Stop Losing" ?