Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Portis placed on IR UNCONFIRMED & Merged

KingGibbs

im really glad if this is true. portis has been beat to hell all season, why even bother trying to limp him back in. let him rest so he can put up another 1500 yard season next year. betts is good enough to get 80+ a game, plus i wanna see campbell THROWING the football, he needs all the experience he can get.

the looking at running backs confuses me. id be shocked if we dealt portis, but we'll probably lose duckett and betts after this season and theyll look for a good number 2. although how crazy would it be if they traded portis for draft picks, made betts the feature back and used duckett for short yardage?

im really glad if this is true. portis has been beat to hell all season, why even bother trying to limp him back in. let him rest so he can put up another 1500 yard season next year. betts is good enough to get 80+ a game, plus i wanna see campbell THROWING the football, he needs all the experience he can get.

the looking at running backs confuses me. id be shocked if we dealt portis, but we'll probably lose duckett and betts after this season and theyll look for a good number 2. although how crazy would it be if they traded portis for draft picks, made betts the feature back and used duckett for short yardage?

LIMP back in? He broke a bone in his hand, not his foot :rolleyes:

:laugh:

I'm not very surprised at this move. I think it's actually a good one, although it really sucks. I have no idea why they would be looking for running back help. We have enough.

Yes, WE HAVE ENOUGH RUNNING BACKS JOE!!!!!!! Lets get a kicker that kicks strait...

If true, good decision. This guy needs to rest up and come into 2007 healthy and ready!

By that time, Jason will have 7 games under his belt (hopefully) and we can start training camp off strongly!

To address the concern of not having Portis during a miracle playoff run...a) it's not happening and B) if we go 7-0 to get in without him, you would probably never want to mess with something that is working.

IF this is true...I would be looking for another RB too. One that can bounce to the outside like this offense needs. I love Betts and Duckett...but they can only run full steam ahead. Everytime I have seen them try to swing to the sides it gains 2 yards max. Rock has the ability to bounce to the outside...but doesn't do it often enough and that could just be playcalling.

We need a cutter....

I think it's a good move. He's banged up. He's not healthy. Let's just let him rest and see what we have in T.J. Duckett. I could see Duckett moving past Betts as the #2 back.

Suddenly, that move to acquire Duckett is looking better and better.

Archived