Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

if redskins still struggle

This team is not going to the playoffs unless a giant moon rock blasts through the atmosphere and simultaneously hits all the starting QBs of our remaining opponents in the head. Barring that, we're done for the season. So there's no way Campbell can be blamed for anything. He needs experience -- he'll get experience now. Yes, he'll make mistakes. Including some boneheaded rookie mistakes. He'll make some great plays, and then blow some. But you know what? It's best that he do it now.

I don't think the fans will be too rough on him as long as he shows a little progress between now and the end of the season.

A-f***ing men.

Watch that number double now. I hope JC doesn't get ramsied. Maybe his mobility can save him.

So now that we will have a young mobile QB the number of sacks will go up vs. an old immobile QB? Where is the logic there?

Never said it was all the o-line. Just mostly the O-line. And how can I say that, you ask? becasue I've watched the games. I've looked closely at their play. I've seen play that I wouldn't coach High schoolers to do. Thats why.

I've watched the games, and I've seen exactly what I described. Brunell backpedaling and just staying back there. The O-line isn't always creating pockets but they certainly are sometimes. Brunell doesn't step up into them; He just sits back there then runs to one side or the other.

Even if this is out of context, at least we can agree on something.

I think what you did right there goes beyond the realm of "out of context" my friend.

You don't get to be a thirty six year old QB in this league without having pocket presence....:doh:

I didn't say he never had any pocket presence, just that he doesn't anymore. He is way past his prime and now looks very skittish after the snap and is quick to dump the ball off as well as not looking very comfortable in the pocket.

Um....what player that you know of plays to get hurt? :doh: I guess we should be mad at ARE the next time he runs out of bounds instead of trying to truck the DB on an end around...

While I admire your skill with the Straw Man argument, I have to challenge yours here. As you well know, I never said anyone plays to get hurt which is obviously an absurd position. What I was saying is that he simply plays to not get hurt which is quite different. If you look at most starting QBs around the league, they will step up into the pocket and take a hit if it means making a big play. Brunell very rarely did this. Instead, as mentioned before, he just backpedals and would dump it off to his check down guy if his first receiver wasn't open or run to the side then throw it out of bounds. It was pretty obvious he was very worried about getting hurt and was playing somewhat scared because of it.

I hope your right. I really do.

As do I, my friend. As do I.

If the Skins still struggle, at least its because we have a rookie QB at the helm who is learning how to play in the NFL.

Rather than an aged vet who is doing his best not to get killed instead of actually trying to win games.

This season is all but lost. Portis' sundy injuries, the Brunell fiasco, Springs injury, no team chemistry, and now starting a rookie QB.

Hey at least we still have a 1st round pick in 2007.... for now :doh:

There is more than enough blame to go around. You can blame Brunell, Al Saunders, not working enough on the new offense in the preseason, injuries on BOTH offense and defense, the FO for not keeping "core Redkins", Gregg Williams, Jerry Gray, Lavar Arrington, Joe Gibbs, John Hall, El Nino and sunspots. The bottom line is that good players and good coaches adapt to change, although some take longer than others.

Perhaps everything I mentioned above was simply too much for this organization to overcome in a single season. With the changing of the guard at QB, some may think the coaching staff is grasping at straws in an attempt to keep the season from totally going down the toilet. I look at this as an opportunity to see what type of character and chemistry this team can develop going forward and figure out which guys really ARE the core redskins this team needs to build around. When better to do that than when you are facing adversity?

I've faced the fact that my expectations were probably too high, given the personnel changes and new offense, coming into the season. Our current status has been compounded by injuries, mistakes, bad decisions, spotty play and, perhaps, a lack of team chemistry. While there is always the possibility of a miracle, I don't think this team is capable of winning out, especially given the way our defense is playing.

Facing the nearly impossible odds of making the playoffs, I think it's time to start having fun. Let's run the gadget plays and the onside kicks and the quadruple reverses and the fumblerooski. Let's give the fans something to look forward to.

If the Skins still struggle, at least its because we have a rookie QB at the helm who is learning how to play in the NFL.

Rather than an aged vet who is doing his best not to get killed instead of actually trying to win games.

This season is all but lost. Portis' sundy injuries, the Brunell fiasco, Springs injury, no team chemistry, and now starting a rookie QB.

Hey at least we still have a 1st round pick in 2007.... for now :doh:

This team has so many holes iys not even funny. Time to find a new player to put all the blame on. :doh:

If the Redskins still struggle and most likely will end up with a losing record at the end of this season, they definitely need to get an experienced GM (General Manager) in the offseason who has a proven reputation of winning and can coincide with Gibbs about personnel moves through the draft and free agency. I am sure they'll both agree and disagree on certain talent. In the 3 Super Bowls, Gibbs won two of them in 1982 & 1987 with Bobby Beathard as Redskins GM and 1991 with Charley Casserly as Redskins GM. If I was in Gibbs position and end up with a losing record this season, I would get a GM in the offseason. I would also focus on getting quality players primarily through the NFL Draft instead of free agency.

This team has so many holes iys not even funny. Time to find a new player to put all the blame on. :doh:

He is the main reason that this offense has sucked more than a nursing baby.

Now the defense at least has some excuses.

Springs injury

Salave'a's injury

Prioleau's season ending injury

Archuleta's learning curve

Both Rogers and Taylor have played like rookies at times this year.

He is the main reason that this offense has sucked more than a nursing baby.

Now the defense at least has some excuses.

Springs injury

Salave'a's injury

Prioleau's season ending injury

Archuleta's learning curve

Both Rogers and Taylor have played like rookies at times this year.

I agree that hes sucked all year. But dont kid yourself about this o line. How many times did the old man have to scramble just to get rid of the ball. AA makes too much money for a learning curve. The defense flas out sucks. Accept it.

I agree that hes sucked all year. But dont kid yourself about this o line. How many times did the old man have to scramble just to get rid of the ball. AA makes too much money for a learning curve. The defense flas out sucks. Accept it.

The O line has to improve their pass blocking technique but dont kid yourself, the defense was blitzing the bejeezus out of brunell often. It make sense to keep 8 in the box when the QB needs to roll out to see over the head of the O and D line, and won't throw a ball further than 15 yards unless the game is on the line.

The defense needs work.

We need a space eating DT

Archuleta needs to wrap his brain around the defensive scheme

Springs needs to heal and get back to 100%

Rogers needs to learn how to play man to man and not give a 10 yard cushion at the LOS.

Taylor STILL needs to learn discipline.

EVERYONE needs to do tackle drills from now until the opening game in 2007.

The O line has to improve their pass blocking technique but dont kid yourself, the defense was blitzing the bejeezus out of brunell often. It make sense to keep 8 in the box when the QB needs to roll out to see over the head of the O and D line, and won't throw a ball further than 15 yards unless the game is on the line.

The defense needs work.

We need a space eating DT

Archuleta needs to wrap his brain around the defensive scheme

Springs needs to heal and get back to 100%

Rogers needs to learn how to play man to man and not give a 10 yard cushion at the LOS.

Taylor STILL needs to learn discipline.

EVERYONE needs to do tackle drills from now until the opening game in 2007.

Ya im sure that teams will stop blitzing now that we have a rookie in there. :doh: You will soon see that the piss poor play of the o line is not directly related to Brunell. But maybe i will be wrong, i really hope so.

Archived