Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

if redskins still struggle

Um...

You've put yourself in at least a win win situation at QB. Brunell had to go. Now either way Campbell gets experience as a starter. If he doesn't do well, he's young and inexperienced. IF he does do well, that's a plus.

I think you have to look past blaming individuals. Start with the front office that doesn't seem to understand how to build a team in this day and age.

Um...

You've put yourself in at least a win win situation at QB. Brunell had to go. Now either way Campbell gets experience as a starter. If he doesn't do well, he's young and inexperienced. IF he does do well, that's a plus.

I think you have to look past blaming individuals. Start with the front office that doesn't seem to understand how to build a team in this day and age.

yeah but this is extremeskins..................

if we lose someones going to get heat

who is going to get all the blame

for offense it was brunell

for defense it was archuleta

archuleta got benched

and so did brunell

so if we struggle who will extremeskins blame it on?

ladell betts maybe?

No, it will be the same as now with hope for the future because without hope there is no need to watch the games week after week!:bucsuck:

This team is not going to the playoffs unless a giant moon rock blasts through the atmosphere and simultaneously hits all the starting QBs of our remaining opponents in the head. Barring that, we're done for the season. So there's no way Campbell can be blamed for anything. He needs experience -- he'll get experience now. Yes, he'll make mistakes. Including some boneheaded rookie mistakes. He'll make some great plays, and then blow some. But you know what? It's best that he do it now.

I don't think the fans will be too rough on him as long as he shows a little progress between now and the end of the season.

90997] What did you see out of Brunell that made you think that he can get the job done? What more do you need to see? We dont know if starting JC is going to work but it is worth a shot. We have invested draft picks in this guy. We have to see what he can do. We are 3-6, we just got blown out buy a divisional Rival. Did you see the passes that Mark was throwing? This guy is horrible! He cant play no more! We have to light a spark to this team. As far as the D goes its not all AA fault. That I know, But come on dude he looks lost back in the secondary. He got beat buy a overated TE (WHITTEN) the field on a play that could have cost us the game. You dont perform! you dont play! Its that simple!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would hope this would be the first step of a complete evaluation of our team, see what the hell he's got, let see what Mcintyre's got too, It helps us set up for the draft or maybe lights a spark in the entire offense and maybe next year were only looking at making changes in the secondary and D line. Who knows but change is needed and our possible future has a rear full of splinters and a hand full of paper cuts...

Hopefully JC will get more slack for the offensive lines poor play then MB did.

I do think physologically it is a win win, because the O-lines poor play can now be blamed on JC inexperience instead of Brunells ficitious Noodle arm.

The flip side is, that being younger and more agile JC might be able to adjust to the Offensive lines poor play Better than MB was able.

Either way it takes the pressure off our pathetic Offensive line.

it doesnt ****ing matter who wins anymore. all that matters now is how campbell plays. if he sucks then you will hear crying.
You will hear crying around here but atleast the front office will know what to do in the offseason. You have Matt swabb in Alanta that would like to be a starter, You have B leftwich in Jville that sounds like he wants out. We can pick one of them up if JC does not pan out.

This isn't about Campbell winning games...this is about finding out if Campbell can win games for us in the future.

And anyone who blamed AA for all of the Redskins' defensive woes is a dolt...they have a lot more problems then an overrated and overpaid safety.

Um...

Yes you HAVE to get Campbell ready for next year at the least. Let these guys get some cohesion working together and next year maybe it all will come together. I think Campbell is going to show us some good things pretty soon, and hopefully some great things later. HTTR Hail to Joe for finally making this move. We have to know What we have for the future now because MB was not working out.

If Campbell plays like a 36 year old man, unwilling to throw the ball downfield, sprints to the left and then throws the ball away, and then screen passes on a 3rd and 22.

Then I might blame Al Saunders and post a massive mea culpa to Brunell.

But it was still the right move

it doesnt ****ing matter who wins anymore. all that matters now is how campbell plays. if he sucks then you will hear crying.

It sure does matter who wins, thats whats wrong with this forum. people are soooo worried about getting their qb in that they forgot how bad the rest of the team is. I care and have no desire to lose the next 7 games. The "future" needs to show some progress between now and week 16.

Hopefully JC will get more slack for the offensive lines poor play then MB did.

I do think physologically it is a win win, because the O-lines poor play can now be blamed on JC inexperience instead of Brunells ficitious Noodle arm.

The flip side is, that being younger and more agile JC might be able to adjust to the Offensive lines poor play Better than MB was able.

Either way it takes the pressure off our pathetic Offensive line.

What are you talking about? Our O-line isn't the best but they certainly aren't the worst. How many sacks have they given up this year? Not many. How can you say the problem is all the O-line when you had a QB who would backpedal 15 steps and then stand there or run to the side right into a DE? The O-line isn't stellar but they have been, for the most part, doing their job and creating pockets. The problem is that Brunell had almost zero pocket presence. Most of the time he wouldn't even step up into a pocket that was created. He really seemed to be playing to not get hurt or even hit. From what I've seen and heard, JC has very good poise in the pocket and will step up into it. Add to that the fact that he is mobile (especially for his size) and I think your "offensive line is the source of all the problems" theory will fizzle.

What are you talking about? Our O-line isn't the best but they certainly aren't the worst. How many sacks have they given up this year?

Watch that number double now. I hope JC doesn't get ramsied. Maybe his mobility can save him.

How can you say the problem is all the O-line when you had a QB who would backpedal 15 steps and then stand there or run to the side right into a DE?

Never said it was all the o-line. Just mostly the O-line. And how can I say that, you ask? becasue I've watched the games. I've looked closely at their play. I've seen play that I wouldn't coach High schoolers to do. Thats why.

The O-line isn't stellar but they have been,

Even if this is out of context, at least we can agree on something.

The problem is that Brunell had almost zero pocket presence. Most of the time he wouldn't even step up into a pocket that was created.

You don't get to be a thirty six year old QB in this league without having pocket presence....:doh:

He really seemed to be playing to not get hurt or even hit.

Um....what player that you know of plays to get hurt? :doh: I guess we should be mad at ARE the next time he runs out of bounds instead of trying to truck the DB on an end around...

From what I've seen and heard, JC has very good poise in the pocket and will step up into it. Add to that the fact that he is mobile (especially for his size) and I think your "offensive line is the source of all the problems" theory will fizzle.

I hope your right. I really do.

Archived