Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bush got rid of Rummy who should Snyder get rid of

wpenn1

Who should Snyder get rid of? Himself. Football guys who can run the front office won't come here because Snyder gets in the way too much.

Snyder doesnt pick the free agents anymore.

Joe Gibbs is essentially the GM.

He prob asked Gregg Williams what he thought of A.A and Gregg approved.

The Scouting department. Whoever's job it is to acess the stregnths and weaknesses of potential free agent and draft pickups has done a lousy job this year. The candidates and their ratings were off. We didn't get the rush end we needed. We obviously put too much reliance in Prelieau and overestimated Arch. They missed on even addressing the kicking and o-line needs or the guys they got were again misgraded. Whoever, decided that Carter, Arch were the first guys to bring in... when your best draft pick is a sixth rounder... something has gone wrong with player assessment and that is the guy who needs to be axed.

That's the Rumsfield analogy if you want one: he's the guy that said this is the army we need.

How can you not lay this mess at his feet???? He is the leader of this organization. It's like saying George Bush has no responsibility for the war in Iraq because he gave the generals everything they needed. It's ridiculous to me. And, do you really believe Synder has taken a back seat? He's out there every offseason flying redskins one around like airforce one, signing every overrated free agent to ridiculous contracts. That's the way this team does business. He could just as easily say, you know what, some of these free agent aquisitions have not worked, let's build through the draft. Even in hiring Gibbs, Synder was looking for the quick fix, hoping and praying that the legendary coach could get him out of hot water and fix all of his mistakes. Never did it occur to Snyder that the game and era in which Gibbs coached and succeeded had ended. Sorry, but when I see this type of continual disfunction in the organization, I tend to place the blame on the CEO.

Gibbs certainly deserves his share of the blame as well. He's made mistake after mistake after mistake: shortening training camp with an entirely new offense to work on, bringing in this pathetic class of free agents while letting better players or at least players who knew the system leave, sticking with old-man winter as our qb.

You do realize you just compared the Presidents handling of the Iraq war with Dan Snyder's football team don't you? There is a little bit of a difference there.

Snyder has taken a back seat to Gibbs, sure he flies Redskin 1 around to land the players that the coaching staff said they wanted, not the players Snyder wanted, again just a tad bit of difference. Of course Snyder could say you know what I'm done landing FA players we are not going to do it but Snyder hasn't, he listens to Gibbs and gets the players Gibbs and Co. want.

Of course Gibbs was a last ditch effort to make good with the fans, what did you expect after the Spurrier era crashed and burned as well as Marty being run out of town? Snyder needed a big name the fans LOVED and no coach is bigger and more loved, in Redskins land, then Joe Gibbs. Everyone that is a Redskins fan never once questioned the move the morning it was announced.

You are taking this "the buck stops with the CEO" to far. Snyder has done everything, again everything, that the coaching staff and the fans have asked for. Snyder brought back a coaching legend, has gotten every player said coach has wanted, and has not tampered with the team since said coach has been in control. If Snyder is a real CEO then guess who gets canned after the season? be careful what you ask for, becasue if Snyder retakes total control we are screwed.

I ask you again name one coach that would not want to be in Gibbs shoes and want an owner that would get any player he wanted, that coach doesn't exisit. The problem isn't the owner, like it has been in the past, it maybe who the owner gave total control too.

I know this is sacra-religious around here but I'm starting to think Gibbs should go. By his own admission his sucess in the 80's and 90's were due to his work ethic where he would pretty much sleep at the park.

Well he says he doesnt do that anymore and it shows. bad offense, bad defense, bad kicking game and undisciplined.

who do you think should be fired.

OK, one more time. In the 80s and 90s we had the HOGS. When the ball was on the goal line you could bet the ranch that we'd get a touchdown. I cannot believe, with all the alleged football gurus out there, that football 101 is overlooked......Remember, blocking and tackling, he who controls the line of scrimage more often than not controls/wins the game.

Firing Cerrato is a great start, but it doesn't solve anything. The guy is what's known as a "useful idiot". Vladimir Lenin coined the term and it was used during the Cold War by anti-communists to describe Soviet sympathizers in United States. The implication was that the person in question was naïve, foolish, or in willful denial, and that he or she was being cynically used by the Soviet Union. Cerrato is not making any decisions -- he's just the willing puppet of Snyder.

Of course, he should be fired. The trouble is that there is no chance he'd be replaced by someone better. Gibbs clearly needs help from a strong GM, but there just isn't one out there who could succeed in this organization.

Can Snyder just buy a different franchise -- like the Colts for example, change the name to the Redskins but keep everything else in place? That would be a quick way out of this mess. The Colts could then take our current team and staff. After eight years of watching Manning lighting it up, they deserve a little Brunell.

Gibbs doesn't have to go. I'm happy to keep him as head coach, and nothing but head coach. No personnel decisions. And if he wants an offensive coordinator, he has to let the offensive coordinator do his job. He needs to stop being in charge of anything, and stop being so "comfortable" in our player acquisition scheme.

Gregg Williams!

Archived