Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How Many???? Pre and Post Danny and Gibbs

chipwhich

A ton of people here seem to be bashing Gibbs and Danny and GM...so here is my "How Many" Quiz.

How many trips to the playoffs did we have post Gibbs I and Pre Danny?

How many years were there between post Gibbs I and Danny?

How many trips to the playoffs did we have post Danny? Playoff wins?

How many trips to the playoffs WITH A GM pre Danny post Gibbs I?

How many teeams have had GM for years and stink?

Everyone here acts like he took over a franchise in pristine condition.

But the facts will show up if you ask yourself tough questions like I posted above.

We have been in disarray longer than The Danny has owned us...the GM isn't necessarily the silver bullet.

forget all the questions and comparisons.

I have been watching this team since 1971 and have seen the club go 20-12 in the postseason over the years.

The point is to put together a winning program that can CONSISTENTLY produce on field results. I really don't care how much of a hullabaloo we make in March and April with signing players from other teams. I want to see these players make a mark come September.

What we have seen far too often since the end of the first Gibbs period in 1993 is this team go out and waste money in free agency on players who come here and inevitably fail to live up to their contracts. At the same time we have given away draft picks or made selections which are often forgettable.

And this has been borne out on the field with only 2 playoff appearances since 1992 and no better than a 10-6 record in those 14 seasons.

This is not all on Snyder. Cooke's son also made a ton of mistakes. Let's not forget that Casserly and Norv kept their jobs throughout the 1990's because of support from upstairs.

But the recent bent of this team to do things on the quick and jump to the head of the line with a short burst of power by using free agency and high profile signings has gotten old fast as the results are just not coming.

The Washington Capitals owner tried to do the same thing in 2001 by assembling an all-star team full of veterans lead by Jaromir Jagr. Those clubs underperformed expectations and there was no Stanley Cup, merely losses in the first round of the playoffs.

Two years later there was a mass purge of these underperformers and now the club is back on track building with high picks who have true all-star capabilities, after going through the normal growing pains.

Making believe you never have to go through these pains to ultimately achieve is one of the major mistakes here.

Every day can't be 80 degrees and sunny with no clouds, even if the Redskins PR machine wants you to believe it is so :)

Great post, Gibbs did not inherit Steve Young, Jerry Rice, or Aikman, Smith and Irvin, he inherited Ramsey (A hide your eyes bad backup QB at best, no mobility, too many stupid turnovers) Taylor Jacobs, Laverneus Coles and Dung Candidate. This team was a disaster when Gibbs came in, need I remind you that Dallas whipped us 27-0 in Spurrier's last year? Let's look at the record shall we? 1993: Ritchie Petibon 4-12, 1994 Norvitis: 3-13, 1995 Norvidiot 6-10, 1996 Norvidiot 6-10, 1997 Norvall started 7-2 finished 1-5-1: 8-7-1, 1998 Norvitis 6-10, 1999 Norv 11-5, made play-offs with no D, beat Detroit lost to TB when we couldn't complete a snap for a GW FG. 2000: Norv/Terry Robiskie: 8-8, ran Brad Johsnon out on a rail for Jeff George. 2001: Martyball: 8-8 (started 0-5, Tony Banks led us to an 8-3 record) 2002: Steve Spurrier 7-9, ( remember Shane Matthews and Danny Wuerfell), 2003: Steve Inferior: 5-11

Wins 72

Losses 103

Ties 1

Winning Pct: .409

Post Season

Appearances: 1

Won: 1

Lost: 1

Pct .500

Gibbs took ove a .400 level franchise, with an owner who doesn't understand continuity, we'd be better off with Ryan Clark, and ARE or Loyd but not both! Once again we load up in the offseason and look bad during the season, I don't see a lot of Skins being all pro on talent alone, Gibbs got the most out of a mediocre team last year, it was special, Brunnell found the fountain of youth, Portis was a team player, and the defense overcame some sizable gaps. This team would have been better off keeping Trent Green in 1998, losing him is where all our QB problems started

Many here act like Snyder took over a storied franchise at their prime. Lets keep things real. He took over a franchise in disarray.

And 7 years later...

Look, today vs Philly left me feeling as I did during the Norv years.

Just sick, and absolutely without hope.

TFor whatever reason, they were pathetic out there.

The current phrase in vogue i believe is "changing the culture".

Snyder has not changed the culture of this team since the Norv years.

I don't care what anyone points to, or who is here or who is not... the results on the field are what matter.

And they are friggin' AWFUL.

Weak on offense. A pushover on defense. No rhyme or reason to gameplanning. Stupid penalties, over and over and over.

Just like it's been since oh,,, 1993 or so.

~Bang

Snyder has not changed the culture of this team since the Norv years.

I don't care what anyone points to, or who is here or who is not... the results on the field are what matter.

And they are friggin' AWFUL.

Weak on offense. A pushover on defense. No rhyme or reason to gameplanning. Stupid penalties, over and over and over.

Just like it's been since oh,,, 1993 or so.

~Bang

Exactly.

My point is you can claim Snyder hasn't changed the culture/improved the team...fine.

But don't claim he ruined the franchise. It is now what it was when he took over. A franchise in disarray.

The franchise was in disarray prior to Snyder because of disarray at the top. The ownership situation was a mess for years, which meant that the front office and coaching situation were a mess for years. They were an old club when Gibbs left and there was no one really in charge to re-build. And this disarray lasted for - what? - six, seven years?

We are in year seven of the Snyder reign and we still stink. The stability at the top has fixed nothing.

It's not like this is badly-run, resource-starved franchise (like Arizona) or a franchise where ownership is disinterested (like Detroit). This is a franchise that actually tries to compete and has the resources to do it but does not know what it is doing.

Archived