Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How did you find out there was no Santa?

portisizzle

Man.......I messed up.

My eight year old is on the edge with the Santa thing. Last year one of his older friends told him there was no Santa. While we hedged our answer we told him that someone must be putting presents under the tree......it must be Santa.

Well.....three things happened over the past week.

1) He saw me putting TMX Elmos for sale on Ebay. He thought I was shopping for these dolls and he had this "I know what you are doing" smile on his face.

2) I was talking about buying a pool / air hockey table for our game room for Christmas with my wife last night. He was standing outside our home office with open ears.

3) I preordered two Wii video games from Toys R Us. They came with full color cards of each game and the receipt. I put the receipt and cards in my truck. Well..... we all go to Mc Donalds for dinner and I am SURE he saw the full color preorder cards in the console before I was able to move them.

Bottom line I suck at being a Dad this week. Not only is the kid gonna know what is coming for Chrismas (unless we do some serious rethinking) he will most certainly know that Santa is actually US.

:doh:

WTF you mean theres no Santa?
Seriously what is this guy talking about no santa??? Well I had a brother that was 4 years older than me so he kind of tipped me off and my parents stopped trying after that. But it was a great run while it lasted. My step mom straight up told my step sister that there was no santa at like 5 or 6 and I thought that sucked for her. I loved believing and thought Christmas was the greatest holiday in the world.

If you my dad I would be happy that I am so damn spoiled! He gets a Wii and an air hockey table?

We have three kids. They will share. We don't know about the game table yet. Seems like either you buy the crappy $149.00 10 - 1 game table or a $700.00 dual air hockey / pool table........

Of course my wife was chasing me off the real pool table idea....

I figured out when "Santa" came Xmas eve one year. We were about to go to a dinner at my uncles house when my mom "fogot" something in the car. FORTY FIVE minutes later she came back out.

when we got home that night, the gifts were out.

The more I think about that story, my poor dad had to sit in that car with an 8 & a 6 year old for 45 minutes. What a horrible Xmas for him..... :)

My cousin didn't know until she was 15 years old and her little sister told her that Santa wasn't real.

If you do decide to tell the little ones about Santa, you may as well kill two birds with one stone and say "and you'll have a suprise around Easter, too."

I was told that there was no Santa when I was 6 years old. I blame my brother for that. He was 8 or 9 years old and he kept complaining that he didn't like the presents that Santa was giving him. So my mom just told him infront of me that there was no Santa, that she was Santa.

I'd encourage you to have your kid to write a letter to Santa. If they don't want to, then you know they are no longer playing the game.

I think my kids didn't want to ask and find out, 'cause then he might have stopped delivering. :laugh:

One year it snowed and Dad made reindeer footprints on the deck. :D Time that would have been better spent assembling that bicycle. :laugh:

We still play the game even after I was sure they knew, because it is a fun tradition. Now they are in their teens they still put up stockings on the fireplace and put out a few carrots for the reindeer.

Hahaha, interesting thread, I must say that.

I think the main reason I found out, was the hand writing on the cards.

You know, To _____ From Santa

So try to write differently

and Obvisouly dont make to much noise.

I know some kids like to hide cameras and crap, so I guess thats a thing to look for.

When I was 7 I had a pellet gun. Dad would take me out for some target practice in the woods behind our house. When we were done, he would hide the gun so I wouldn't be tempted to use it when he wasn't around. Well, one day I decided to go looking for it....I snuck into my parents bedroom closet for a peek...and lo and behold there were a ****load of presents there. I had a suspicion by then that there was no Santa, but this confirmed it.

I never let on to my parents that I knew until I was 9. I was afraid they would say "No Santa, no presents for you".

I found out because I had to wrap a Christmas present for a friend, so my mom gave me the wrapping paper. This paper looked familiar to me, and it was because when I looked under the tree, my presents were wrapped in the same paper.

I was heartbroken! Santa was such a freaking cool guy!

I guess it really is impossible to deliver all those presents to people in one night. So much for that rocket powered sleigh.

Archived