Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Player of the game on Sunday? Brandon Lloyd

DCsportsfan53

I just rewatched the game and, Brandon Lloyd.....wow, what a game. Not only the PI plays he drew, the long ball called back by Fauria's holding (bs btw, total bs), he single handedly PREVENTED 2 INTs. When Brunell was scrambling out and tried to hit him in the endzone, Lloyd turned into a defender broke up the pass and layed a hit. In the 4th quarter, about the 7 min mark, Brunell overthrew Lloyd on a deep post. Roy Williams went up and the ball hit him in the chest and Lloyd immediately gave him a good shot in the gut, while Williams was still airborn, and prevented the INT.

Furthermore, it reminded me of last year's SF game. Alex Smith threw an errant ball to Lloyd in single coverage an a 12 yard button hook. Sean Taylor picked it off and returned to the 2 yard line where a hustling Lloyd caught him from behind and took out his legs for the TD saving tackle. Mind you, this was later in the game when it was already way out of hand. Coincidentally, that was the play that hurt Taylor's ankle and hampered him for some time, including keeping him out of the TB debacle where our secondary got torched.

All in all, I think Lloyd has taken advantage of almost every (limited) opportunity he's gotten, he runs really crisp routes and most importantly, he's a heady player who makes GREAT hustle plays that go completely unnoticed by most outside the film room. Believe me, this guy's not a bust, the coaches have GOT to love him, he seems to be bonding with the other players exceptionally well and we need to give him more and as many opportunities as possible. :2cents:

I'm extremely fond of having Brandon Lloyd on our team. I really think he is a solid receiver who can do multiple tasks such as blocking and is a true team player. I really look for him to have a very big second half of the year and become a similar status to Moss on our receiver squad.

Brandon Lloyd was an amazing pick up. He's going to be a fantastic receiver, and he's SO young. He hasn't had the catches for one reason: He hasn't been thrown to. Have you seen the kid? You could throw a ball ten feet over his head and he'd still catch the thing. He's absolutely amazing, and I think that once we get a quarterback who looks for more than one receiver when Santana is on the field, then we'll see a more Colts-like receiving corps, except with better logos.

You forgot to add in his block that sealed the outside that sprang Portis on the TD run. Plus, his pure joy and excitement (jumping up and down... don't see that much for a block celebration) when he saw Portis running into the end zone, because he knew that he turned it from a good gain to a TD.

If lloyds catch where Fauria was called for holding (which was obviously not holding as Fauria got run over) counts, and Roy Williams doesnt tackle him before the ball gets there....he has 50 catches for over 100 yards...and who knows...maybe even a score.

I started him in fantasy this week thinking it might happen...I was close.

Hes a stud man, everyone needs to recognize. The guy gives it his all out on the field every game, whether hes getting the ball thrown his way or not. He has done everything as a receiver...hes open all game, he throws blocks like he cares and he adjusts to Brunells balls very nicely. Its a shame his numbers don't reflect how well hes playing.

I dont know why we dont throw that slant to him more often it works everytime. We should then fake the slant with him and let him go deep off of it. I think he needs the ball alot more and catches most everything that is catchable. I think he will be a great reciever for years to come. When moss is back and we can consistently get them the ball they will be a beast tandem.

You forgot to add in his block that sealed the outside that sprang Portis on the TD run. Plus, his pure joy and excitement (jumping up and down... don't see that much for a block celebration) when he saw Portis running into the end zone, because he knew that he turned it from a good gain to a TD.

I gave it passing mention in the opening, but you're right, it was an incredible play. Not only did he take Henry completely out of the play, he also got a bump on a safety and slowed him from closing the angle. Great effort and the way he gets excited when his teammates do well says a lot about him, imo. He's not selfish.

Agreed.

honorable mention: James Thrash?

Good point, Thrash had a hell of a game as well.

Yeah Lloyd has been open all year and hopefully this game will shut up his critics. A receiver is dependent on the quarterback. If the QB isn't throwing him the ball there is nothing he can do. I can't imagine the type of passing game we would have if we had a good QB running the offense.

Yeah Lloyd has been open all year and hopefully this game will shut up his critics. A receiver is dependent on the quarterback. If the QB isn't throwing him the ball there is nothing he can do. I can't imagine the type of passing game we would have if we had a good QB running the offense.

that makes two of us:cheers:

Archived