Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Negative ads: Not just for politicians anymore.

PleaseBlitz

:laugh:

I keep seeing these great political ads. They are all pretty much the same, they either have the guy with the scary voice like this one:

Scary voice

Or the lady with the matter-of-fact voice like this one:

Lady

And they all end with "Im some guy, and i approved this message."

Anyways, i was thinking, why do we only see these types of ads for politicians? Why not other people or businesses. You never see McDonalds run an add about finding fingers in the Wendy's chili. I think there should be more ads like this.

[deep scary voice]Brady Quinn plays for a coach that wears a grey hooded sweatshirt. The Unabomber wore a grey hooded sweatshirt. Brady Quinn is also Irish like the IRA. Brady Quinn supports terrorism. Terrorism is bad for America[/deep scary voice]

Im Troy Smith, and I approved this message. :)

[deep voice]PleaseBlitz is so full of himself that he posts a joke in one thread and then thinks its so good that he gives the joke its own thread; even though nobody laughed at it the first time. PleaseBlitz wants you to look at him and give him attention. He even has a sig that is too wide for the screen, giving you that annoying bar at the bottom of the screen. Just say no to PleaseBlitz threads. [/deep voice]

My name is zoony and I approve this message. :)

[deep voice]PleaseBlitz is so full of himself that he posts a joke in one thread and then thinks its so good that he gives the joke its own thread; even though nobody laughed at it the first time. PleaseBlitz wants you to look at him and give him attention. He even has a sig that is too wide for the screen, giving you that annoying bar at the bottom of the screen. Just say no to PleaseBlitz threads. [/deep voice]

awesome

WillisDitech.png

My name is Dontrelle Willis and I approve this message.

[matter-of-fact ladies voice]Family values are important to Marylanders. They wont stand for politicians with questionable morals and basis of ethics. And thats to bad for one candidate because.....[/matter-of-fact ladies voice] [scary voice]RINCE's MOM IS A WHORE. [/scary voice]

Im PleaseBlitz, and i approved this message. :thumbsup:

[matter-of-fact ladies voice]Family values are important to Marylanders. They wont stand for politicians with questionable morals and basis of ethics. And thats to bad for one candidate because.....[/matter-of-fact ladies voice] [scary voice]RINCE's MOM IS A WH0RE. [/scary voice]

Im PleaseBlitz, and i approved this message. :thumbsup:

WTF, why you attacking my mom? zoony's the one that approved the message - be mad at the source, not the messanger. :D

Byron Leftwich undermined the Jaguars by revealing who would be th starting QB last week. Byron Leftwich also lost to the Texans scoring a lowly 7 points. Byron Leftwich lost a 40 yard dash to my great grandmother. We simply can not afford for Byron Leftwich to QB this team any longer.

My name is David Garrard and I approve of this message.

Terribly sorry PB but this post earns you a big fat

:owned:

Nice one, Rince :laugh:

[Matter-of-fact lady]Jason Campbell wants to take credit for Auburns success during his tenure. But what he doesnt want you to know is that Auburn had TWO 1000 yard backs doing most of the work and a great defense. Jason Campbell hasnt taken a live snap in 2 years. He might as well be a rookie.

Jason Campbell: What have you done for us lately.[/Lady]

Im Mark Brunell, and i approved this message.

[deep voice] Tom Jackson never won a superbowl, Chris Berman never won a superbowl, so why listen to them? Instead listen to the man with four rings, three superbowl rings and a smoke ring around his mouth. He will give you all the insight you need. [deep voice]

I'm Michael Irvin and I approved this message

You going to do some more or just hijack? :nutkick:

Fine, just for you:

[deep voice]The BCS, the AP Poll and others that know a lot about college football would have you believe that WVU is a good team. But, who have the played? They have not played any good teams. What good teams have they played? They haven't played anyone good. Who? Who have they played? They have a weak schedule. Have they played anyone good? I don't think so. Etc, etc, etc...[/deep voice]

My name is Jbooma and I approve this message.

[scary voice] It's obvious to everyone that Joe Gibbs should just retire. He has done nothing to help the franchise in Washington. The Redskins were better off with Steve Spurrier [/scary voice]

I'm Bill Parcells, and I approve this message.

[scary voice]

FACT: Legalized prostitution has been successfully implemented in many western countries.

FACT: Prositution is a victimless crime.

FACT: The government can collect tax revenues from legalized prostitution.

FACT: There is no reason to continue to clog up our nation's jails with nonviolent criminals such as prostitutes and drug offenders.

[/scary voice]

I'm Rince's mom and I approve this message.

[scary voice]

FACT: Legalized prostitution has been successfully implemented in many western countries.

FACT: Prositution is a victimless crime.

FACT: The government can collect tax revenues from legalized prostitution.

FACT: There is no reason to continue to clog up our nation's jails with nonviolent criminals such as prostitutes and drug offenders.

[/scary voice]

I'm Rince's mom and I approve this message.

Err.... how is that an attack ad? And, if she was for all of those things, why would she use the scary voice to convey that message?

zoony, you suck at the internets. :nutkick:

Err.... how is that an attack ad? And, if she was for all of those things, why would she use the scary voice to convey that message?

zoony, you suck at the internets. :nutkick:

I think he is calling your mom a prostitute, but that is more of a "stating the truth ad" and not an "attack ad." :silly:

[Matter-of-fact lady]Dan Snyder wants you to believe that free agency is a viable alternative to building through the draft. He gave a safety a 40 million dollar signing bonus. This sets a bad precedent and will only RAISE YOUR TICKET PRICES! There is no reason for an NFL team to spend all of their cap room. [/lady]

Im Jeffrey Lurie, and i would have approved this message, but it cost too much money to run.

[Matter of fact lady] The teams record and media pundits will have you believe that stockpiling underacheiving receivers through the draft is the wrong way to turn around a franchise. But without receivers you'd only have running backs you can convert to receivers to draft. This does not sound like a good alternative to drafting receivers.[lady]

I'm Matt Millen and I approved this message.

Archived