Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Skins match up much better against the Eagles than they do against the Cowboys

GSF

I think the Eagles are a better team than the Skins simply b/c McNabb is much better then Brunell. The Redskins are definitely the underdogs in this match up.

Having said that, I like our chances against Philly much more than I did against the Pukes. Our biggest problem on defense is coverage. The Eagles biggest problem on offense is getting wrs open. I think Springs and and Rogers can handle Philly's WRs. Hopefully Marshall and Vincent can handle LJ Smith, and Williams keeps Archuletta out of coverage.

Also, Dallas is very good at stuffing the run. Their front 7 is very big and physical. Philly's front 7 is pretty good too, but they're giving up much more rushing yardage than Dallas is, and I think we can get the running game going against them, something we never really did in the Dallas game.

I'm not claim the Skins are going to come out and dominate by any means, but if Brunell can play at the same level that he did in the Dallas game, I think the Skins can steal another win.

The Eagles have the #1 pass offense in the NFL.

We have the #30 pass defense in the NFL.

This is about as bad a matchup for us as we'll see all season ... except for maybe that game against Indy.

true. but how many of those yards did they put up against the texans, 49ers, and packers?

true. but how many of those yards did they put up against the texans, 49ers, and packers?

The Texans, Packers and 49ers play better defense than we do, so that line of thinking doesn't really help.

We are also dead last in passing TDs surrendered, dead last in INTs and second to last in sacks. Again all worse than the above teams.

Ugh... Thanks a lot, Henry..

Sorry. :(

Hopefully our newly healthy secondary will improve things, and if we run the ball and keep it out of McNabb's hands we might be able to keep the score under control. But this is not a good matchup for us. It's actually a terrible one. That's all I'm saying.

The Texans, Packers and 49ers play better defense than we do, so that line of thinking doesn't really help.

We are also dead last in passing TDs surrendered, dead last in INTs and second to last in sacks. Again all worse than the above teams.

you win this round

I can't remember the last time we beat a good team on the road.

Does winning in Dallas last season count? Maybe. Other wins were at Philly, St.Louis, and Arizona when the fork was already in all 3 teams. We got nipped in Denver, Tampa and KC and crushed at the Giants. This year we've been thoroughly dominated by Indy Dallas and NY on the road while handling a putrid Houston team.

It's hard to have much confidence going into this game. Philly's defense has been just vicious at home. To have a chance, we need take care of the ball on offense and hope that Philly comes out flat from the bye week. A win here would really surprise me.

This is about as bad a matchup for us as we'll see all season ... except for maybe that game against Indy.

I wonder what the picture looks like for their last several games. Remember they rolled up a lot of stats the first 4-5 games this year. They have really come back to earth of late.

However, we are just the right D that can put them back on the right on track, unfortunately.

I seem to remember in the beginning of the year when we had the 3rd best offense and the Giants had the 4th worst defense...we all know how that one played out.

Don't buy into the Philly hype man. They are very overrated. Look at our game against them.

• Spot them 10 points early.
  • A dropped Punt. Bledose Fumble. Yup, there goes momentum.
  • All of McNabb's huge plays. All over 60+ yards. Shouldn't of happened.
  • Get to their 6 yard line. Throw a pick.

They have a bad Run game. McNabb runs ALOT now. Springs on Stallworth. Rogers on Brown.

You WILL win this game.

To backup the original poster, we do in fact match up better with Philly in terms of using our running game to beat them. Historically, we have a dreadful time running the ball and clock control against Dallas and New York because our lines don't match up well.

I think we have a good chance against Philly, I mean hell, every game is a must win from here on out.

McNabb has thrown for 5 touchdowns and 4 interceptions in his last 3 games, and his QB rating has decreased in each of the last 4 games. This will be an incredibly tough game away to a division rival coming off their bye week, but it is a game we will have a chance to win, assuming we show up and come out to play

I think the key to the game will be keeping Brunell on his feet, you know Philly will come after him and blitz him most of the game...As long as he does not make mistakes I think you guys have a good chance of winning this game.....The Eagles right now are not very sure of themself losing like they have on the last play of the games.....Kinda like the Cowboys feel right now:mad: ......Watch for Philly to come out fast...If the Redskins can stay with them in the first half I think you will see Philly start making mistakes and beating themself in the second half

I believe that this upcoming Philly matchup is the toughest game in the last half of the schedule.

Troy Vincent is filling in Ryan Clark's role of telling people where to go, calming Sean Taylor, and being a leader. And he just got here. He is familiar with the Eagles' scheme. With AA's role being altered- don't think for a second that GW or any other coaches missed that long throw in the middle of the field to Witten at the end of the game- he'll be in a more comfortable role close to the line of scrimmage. Stuffing the run, blitzing, and not being caught in mismatches will help and maybe will get Lemar Marshall some time at the Will (which means less Holdman). If Andre Carter puts another good game out, Griff is a little healthier, Springs gets a little more back in his step... The Defense has to show up at some point. The law of averages says that it could be this week. Could Philly be thinking already about their date with the Colts in 3 weeks? Maybe looking past the lowly Redskins and Titans? Probably not, with Andy Reid there. But you just never know.

If we could somehow escape with a W, we'd be 4-5 (2-2 in division) and coming home for 3 straight games. Giants face the monstrous Bears so an 'L' for them is not out of the question by any stretch of the imagination. That would put the NYG at 6-3, and we'd be tied for 2nd place in the NFCE, 2 games behind NY and with a better division record than Dallas.

No, I'm not drinking the kool-aid but there's still a lot of games left, and anything can happen. We saw evidence of that 2 days ago.

It's amazing how many times we've had to go on the road this year and play a team coming off their bye week. NY, Indy, and now Philly. That gives teams one week to laugh their *****es off at the Archuleta signing and Duckett trade, then another week to come up with a gameplan.

Like, a million. I mean, they did well against the cowboys, but other than that, McNabb has gotten a lot of credit for owning sorry teams. I mean, whoop dee doo. They lost to a good team like the Giants, and then sucked against other teams.

Philty's D is not the D that went to 4 NFC Championship games and the Super Bowl. There secondary is spotty at best and the run D is vulnerable due to the heavy blitzing, we can hit some big running plays or pass plays if we pick up the blitz. McNabb we know is good but a healthy secondary for two weeks in a row should beable to matchup against Stallworth, Brown and Lewis. The key to stopping their O is to control Westbrook and LJ Smith.

After typing that, it is very difficult to predict how a rivalry game wil play out. Factor in the bye week to get freash and healthy, as well as it being in Philly, where we always seem to struggle, and it is going to be a tough game to pull out.

We win if we control the LOS and keep Westbrook and Smith in check.

Archived