Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brandon Lloyd made a very intersting comment on XXX

jbooma

I too was disappointed in the running game. 3rd and 3 before the Novak miss and the o-line doesn't get any kind of push whatsoever. I hope we treat the Philly d-line like tackling dummies! The o-line needs to make a statement.

Um, guys,

The o-line did make a statement.

If you don't think our lines (both of them) made a statement Sunday, go watch some film of Week 2.

(I'll also point out: Week 2 was without Portis. He may not have got many yards, but the respect he demands still made a big difference, anyway.)

No, Portis didn't get 100 yards. But Dallas is the #5 run D in the NFL, and he made them play against him. (And oh, BTW, he got a TD.)

Please... 35 yards came on that one run. As much as I like him, Portis and the O-line STUNK on Sunday. 7 tries at the goal line and you can't get it in!!! That's pathetic.

Yes, the line stunk on the goal line situation, but I CANNOT STAND when people take away the one big play to make a point. He made that 38 yard TD run. It is part of what he did, and the rest of the offense helped him by blocking. A lot of times that's how it happens. Sometimes you just need to keep at it and wear the other team down, and eventually, you can break one. The Cows D is like #5 against the run, so I think Clinton did fine. Do I wish he would have done better and gone over 100 yards? Of course. But we WON anyway!

I'm really hoping that was a coming out party for Lloyd. Maybe now he has earned a little more trust from Brunell.

I hope so too.

It seems like whenever we put the ball up to him, he makes plays. He caught a nice long pass down the left sideline vs. Jacksonville, caught a deep pass on the right seam vs. Tennessee, and made some big plays vs. Dallas.

Archived