Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's be honest

SWFLSkins

Let us be honest about yesterday's win.

First, there were horrible calls on both sides of the field by the refs, without going into detail the Redskins probably got lucky a few times and got the shaft more than they got lucky. The Refs stunk yesterday, period.

Tony Romo sits to pee outplayed Brunell. Romo sits to pee looks like, while not the second coming of Christ, a good young QB with potential. He was mobile when needed, did not get happy feet and showed arm strength. Brunell has no upside like that. And now with the win he will continue to play this year until he finally is put out to pasture. Thus prolonging the development of next years starting QB, Jason Campbell. So with that in mind would it have been better to lose? Hell NO. Of course not, but it is food for thought, hell ARE has a better deep ball.

Without Sean Taylor, as bad as the secondary is, it would be far worse. And really can we expect him to cover the whole field for the entire game. Thankfully Vincent has made an immediate impact, and without him yesterday was a loss. Springs is not what he used to be, and Carlos Rogers is either suffering from a Late-Sophmore Slump or is another blown pick. (jury out) Gregg Williams defensive scheme relies on the backfield and multiple role players, and AA is being asked to do something he is not capable of doing, covering fast TE's. Rumph and Wright have not helped that much and the LBer's are getting beat on the short crossing and out patterns. I mention both because it is all positions. Washington is the only one playing with instinct out there.

Gibbs running the ball three times in a row to get Nick a little closer was way to conservative again. As was the play calling at the goal line. Jesh, where is the human bowling ball when needed? Not to bash Gibbs, but man, c'mon we are a 2-5 team and you are going for it on 4th and 1 and that is all we got?

I am not trying to take the fun out of this victory, but just raising some discussion points I have not seen on the board. It was a great, great victory, but IMO, with some better play calling, better QB'ing and better blocking from the OL, it should not have been that close considering dropped TD passes and the sloppy play by Dallas. And don't forget about the DL taking over forcing four punts in a row, that right there probably saved the game.

Another words, great win, but wow we still got alot of work to do. Those who know me, know that I am always optimistic. I still believe JG can fix these problems. I can't tell you how many fans I talked to yesterday that were predicting an early retirement. One thing Gibbs is not, he does not quit. And I will not stop folllowing this team, now have at it.

You've just pointed out something that I think a LOT of the players recognized. Despite beating the Cowboys, we're a flawed team with problems across the board. We can't play like this in Philly and expect to win, that's for sure.

You've just pointed out something that I think a LOT of the players recognized. Despite beating the Cowboys, we're a flawed team with problems across the board. We can't play like this in Philly and expect to win, that's for sure.

You also have to look at the other teams in the league as well all of them have some flaws there is not a dominating team in the league anywhere we thought maybe the Bears look what happen they get beat by the Dolphins. I think it is what team that does the best job covering up their flaws will have success.

Romo sits to pee was throwing to Terrel Owens, Terry Glenn, and Jason Witten.

Brunell was throwing to Brandon Lloyd, Antwaan Randle-El, and the 2006 version of Chris Cooley.

Romo sits to pee faced a defense that is last in the league in yards per drive.

Brunell faced a defense that is 4th in the league in yards per drive.

Romo sits to pee was throwing against the 29th rated pass defense.

Brunell was throwing against the 7th rated pass defense.

Romo sits to pee was throwing against a defense that gets interceptions on less than 3% of the drives its been on. That means, so far this season, in 100 drives against our defense, our defense would come up with less than 3 interceptions.

Brunell was throwing against a defense that gets an interception on over 9% of the drives against it.

Bottom line: With all the factors, Romo sits to pee played an average game. Brunell played a very good game. Brunell outplayed Romo sits to pee.

It is amazing that some people with rag on this post, but if it was anyone other than Brunell, they would cling to it as statistical fact. I think the numbers do say some things that most people are over-looking.

WTF the calls werent even at all !

they all favored the Funboys,holding Griffin, and tackling D Evans

but turn around and call a holding on CF for getting ran over

B Lloyd went hard to make that catch

then the worst of them all ST hit on THomo going low on the QB smh

then they clipped ARE on a game winning punt return

they reversed a call they made on SP teams and put it on Adi ,because they looked up at the jumbo screen .sorry imo the calls weren't even

Congrats on the win Sunday, it was an ugly win but a win is a win and I sure wish it would of been a Cowboy win.

As I watched the game Sunday I could tell it was going to be one of those games. As a Cowboy fan I thought we had a chance to put the game away but thanks to mistakes and TO's great hands that didnt happen and knew then that it would come back and bite us in the end but never in a thousand years did I think the game would end like it did...... Strange things always seem to happen during a Redskin/Cowboy game that is for sure...

Now looking toward the rest of the season I am not sure if the win helped the Redskins more or the loss hurt the Cowboys more.....I thought if the boys could go 2-1 during our 3 game away stretch we would have a chance, after beating the Panthers I thought maybe 3-0 was possible...Well now we have a must win this week just to finish our road trip 2-1.

I think 10-6 will get either team a wild card, maybe even 9-7 depending on how the other teams play out the season. Both teams are still in the hunt but have to play very good games the rest of the year to have a chance and it seems that both teams have a problem doing that 2 weeks in a row. My gut tells me that maybe both teams are already outside looking in as far as the play-offs, but as fans we can never give up until our team is totally out of the race. Just like last week history tells us that anything can and normally does happen every week in the NFL...Good luck in Philly and I hope you kill them because I really do hate the Philly fans...

Congrats on the win Sunday, it was an ugly win but a win is a win and I sure wish it would of been a Cowboy win.

As I watched the game Sunday I could tell it was going to be one of those games. As a Cowboy fan I thought we had a chance to put the game away but thanks to mistakes and TO's great hands that didnt happen and knew then that it would come back and bite us in the end but never in a thousand years did I think the game would end like it did...... Strange things always seem to happen during a Redskin/Cowboy game that is for sure...

Now looking toward the rest of the season I am not sure if the win helped the Redskins more or the loss hurt the Cowboys more.....I thought if the boys could go 2-1 during our 3 game away stretch we would have a chance, after beating the Panthers I thought maybe 3-0 was possible...Well now we have a must win this week just to finish our road trip 2-1.

I think 10-6 will get either team a wild card, maybe even 9-7 depending on how the other teams play out the season. Both teams are still in the hunt but have to play very good games the rest of the year to have a chance and it seems that both teams have a problem doing that 2 weeks in a row. My gut tells me that maybe both teams are already outside looking in as far as the play-offs, but as fans we can never give up until our team is totally out of the race. Just like last week history tells us that anything can and normally does happen every week in the NFL...Good luck in Philly and I hope you kill them because I really do hate the Philly fans...

a Funboy fan with class?smh:D

WTF the calls werent even at all !

they all favored the Funboys,holding Griffin, and tackling D Evans

but turn around and call a holding on CF for getting ran over

B Lloyd went hard to make that catch

then the worst of them all ST hit on THomo going low on the QB smh

then they clipped ARE on a game winning punt return

they reversed a call they made on SP teams and put it on Adi ,because they looked up at the jumbo screen .sorry imo the calls weren't even

//

I never said even, I just said both sides, re-read the qoute. Problem was, Jones was out of the endzone most likely on the safety, and that 15 yder that gave us the spot for the winner should have been a five yd'er. All in all that call made up for all the horrendous calls you mentioned above, and then some. :laugh: :D :laugh:

Oh please. I'm as much of a homer as anybody, but this is ridiculous. Romo sits to pee moved around much better in the pocket and made many more good throws. Just look at the numbers. He played a very good game. Brunell was OK. Not terrible, not great. He didn't lose the game for us by making any big mistakes.

It's one thing to defend Mark. I have no problem with that. I like the guy quite a bit, though I'd love to see JC and least get some work.

But foolish comments like this just undermine any rational argument from keeping Brunell out there.

I think his point was that a good game from Romo sits to pee should have entailed 350 yards and 3 or 4 touchdowns... just based on our (hopefully formerly) piss poor pass defense.

A good game from brunell (against that defense) is 180 yards, one touchdown and no picks

Archived