Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How is booing your team supporting them?

dreamingwolf

When you have an overpaid quarterback throwing 5 yard hitch passes on 3rd and 15, your going to get booed. When it happens many times in a game, your lucky not to get objects thrown at you. Our fans are tired of watching an overpaid player play like a has been who should have retired three years ago. I'm sorry if that hurts anyones feelings, but 3 years of sub mediocrity is going to draw boos from the stands.

Im curious to know this from the boo birds among us, we have threads trying to get people to not show up to show their distain and people proudly declaring they will boo our team or certain players. I really would like to hear from you how the booing is supporting the team.

Best question I've seen on this forum. And all there going to be able to do is answer in smartass remarks because its not supporting them.

Best question I've seen on this forum. And all there going to be able to do is answer in smartass remarks because its not supporting them.

I am not supporting a team that I boo. Well, to be specific, I am not supporting them in the moment.

When Mike Rumph gets beat for the 22nd time during a game, I don't feel like saying, "That's all right, Mike. I still like you." Mike is not my 11-year-old son in a Little Leauge game. I feel like saying, "Mike, you are not good at football. I wish that I could magically put you in a Cowboys jersey and end this nightmare. You are single-handidly ruining my weekends. I hope that you catch rickets."

It doesn't mean that I don't still love the Skins. I just hate them in that moment.

Here is a question. Do you have a brother? Have you ever punched your brother? If so, how does punching your brother show that you love him (assuming that you do)?

Especially since there were about 50,000 fewer members here back then

True, but perhaps I was using evasive language.

Were there ANY threads back then about booing and were they worded differently when Spurrier was coach? I think you can see what I'm getting at, Deej :)

Does anyone else realize this board could be cut down by about 1/3rd if we merged all of the:

-JC v. Brunell/It's the defense/Brunell sucks/I am blind to Brunell's short comings b/c the defense really, really sucks

- To Boo or not to Boo threads?

I love the self-righteous, you're-not-a-real-fan-if-you-boo mentality. If I am displeased with the performance, I am going to boo. It's my right. If we boo loud enough, maybe there will be a change.

Let me ask those non-boo-ers a question - (purely hypothetical for those of us without kids) if your kid brings home a terrible report card, or a letter from the teacher saying they told the teacher to go f- herself, do you scold them? punish them? Or do you jsut pat them on the back and say that's ok, just don't do it again? Does that mean you love them any less?

From an IT point of view I am with you. Hard drive space could be cut down especially with the Do/ Don't bench brunell issue.

I agree. this is a spectator sport and we as fans have the right to Boo for a losing or bad performance.

When I was a kid saying that to a teacher is a automatic A@#-whoopin' in my house.

May be that's it....Mabe I should start this threat in tailgate section...Maybe these softy people that say don't spank a kid are telling us booing is inappropriate.

Before I start that thread Guys let me know what you think about starting that thread or if you know of one that has been started I haven't read. I checked the search engine and couldn't find it...Thoughts??

You don't think it is the same?

Also, college students are not "kids".

When a team is playing the Redskins in D.C. and they hear the Skins fans booing are you really too ignorant to think that the other team is thinking this team and its fans are a joke - or that it fires up the other team?

I'm sure they think it much more of a joke when blind homers continue to cheer for endless three and outs and horrible defensive play. Give me a break, the other teams are getting fired up because the skins can't get it done on either side of the ball. Booing has nothing to do with it.

Archived