Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How is booing your team supporting them?

dreamingwolf

Basically' date=' the Redskins are a stripper. I may pay a cover charge once in a while, but I am not paying for a lap dance until they lose about 15 pounds or get that hideous tattoo on their stomach removed. And I certainly don't care about whoever is not paying them child support. And why is no one dancing on this end of the stage?[/quote']

I'd hate to see what Danny would charge to get in the back room of this strip club!

True Redskins fans don't boo their team when they are down. I have decided

to watch the game on TV with the SOUND OFF. This way I won't have to listen to

any of the hypocritical fair weather booers who cheer later if the team does

well.

I want Brunell to be replaced too but it is embarrassing to see true fans turn on

the team in an ugly way. The Cowboy fans everywhere would just about

pop in glee at such a spectacle. If we get behind, Joe will make the change,

maybe just to stop the greatest fans in the world from making jerks of

themselves. Pityful. Who would want to go to a game like that. I'm sure

the players want to give it their all to play for a fan base with such loyalty

to them. I would'nt blame the players for turning on us. Everybody complains

the players seem to play for themselves. How can you blame them with the

me, me, me mentality of so called fans. Little Caesars, who can put thumbs

up or thumbs down depending on their whim. I have been a Redskin fan for

50 years and the thought of booing a Redskin as he walks out to play the

biggest rival makes me ill. Kick them when they are down. What loyalty!

You must have missed the Jax game too then.... or hell, you don't think the crowd played one damned bit of difference against Dallas and New York last year in our stretch?

The point it: BOOING DOESN'T HELP - noone can prove otherwise.

An before the bull**** of "I paid money...." comes up, YOU DID THAT ON YOUR OWN, NOONE FORCED YOU, GET THE **** OVER IT.

EDIT* That last part is to everyone in general GoSkins...

Okay, the flip side of that is can you prove the Booing hurts the team. No! These are paid professionals, and I am sure thay have all been booed before. It probably has no affect on them, but it makes the fan booing feel better so it does help that person.

well.

I want Brunell to be replaced too but it is embarrassing to see true fans turn on

I, for one, am INSULTED by this arrogant, blinded, narrow-minded piece of drivel. I TOO have been a Redskins fan my ENTIRE life. I live and I die by this team. I have been following and rooting, and hoping for this team through the Norv debacles, through Marty, and the Spurrier debacles. I have continued to root for them whether they are 3-13, 8-8, or 10-6. To tell me I am not a real fan b/c I boo? Who do you think you are?

Just b/c some of us voice our displeasure rather than sit on our hands does NOT make us "FAIRWEATHER FANS". If I didn't care about this team - I wouldn't say anything. Get off your soapbox!

How many of you booers said that you would boo Lavar because he's a giant now and you supported the redskins, and not the players wearing the jersey's? That made sense to me. No matter how much you love Lavar, he's no longer one of us. No matter how much you hate Brunell, he is one of us. Of course you have the right to boo, just like T.O. has the right to say what ever he wants about his qb. But what do you think is worse, your wide receiver saying you should've thrown him the ball more, or having thousands of your own fans boo you at a home game? You have every right to express your displeasures, but why do something that affects your team negatively if you want them to win? HTTR

well.

Good post grandpa! :applause:

I am just kidding about the grandpa part :cheers: .

Okay, the flip side of that is can you prove the Booing hurts the team. No! These are paid professionals, and I am sure thay have all been booed before. It probably has no affect on them, but it makes the fan booing feel better so it does help that person.

Yeah, it does hurt the team because it energizes the other team.

Have you ever played a sport in high school or college and played in an opposing teams "house"? Have you ever witnessed them being booed because of your teams efficiency or their lack thereof.

I have. And nothing helped fuel my fire or my teammates' fire to these those joker's own "fans" booing them. It felt like they were cheering for us.

And that hurts the team.

How many of you booers said that you would boo Lavar because he's a giant now and you supported the redskins, and not the players wearing the jersey's? That made sense to me. No matter how much you love Lavar, he's no longer one of us. No matter how much you hate Brunell, he is one of us. Of course you have the right to boo, just like T.O. has the right to say what ever he wants about his qb. But what do you think is worse, your wide receiver saying you should've thrown him the ball more, or having thousands of your own fans boo you at a home game? You have every right to express your displeasures, but why do something that affects your team negatively if you want them to win? HTTR

I hadn't thought about that, and that is a great point :applause: .

If the man is wearing Burgundy n Gold, he is one of us, apart of our team, and we need to cheer on team to victory.

Did these threads get posted with such frequency when Spurrier was coach? Im just curious.
My guess is nope. :cheers:
Especially since there were about 50,000 fewer members here back then. EVERY kind of thread is posted with more frequency nowadays.

Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunell!

well.

And my twisted relationship comment is fully actualized here.

Why does anyone owe loyalty to a football team? The very concept is insane. They aren't a wife. They aren't even a pet. They are a constantly changing, rather unsucessful sports franchise.

It's like saying that one should remain loyal to Pizza Hut, even if instead of pepperoni, they deliver feces each week.

If the man is wearing Burgundy n Gold, he is one of us, apart of our team, and we need to cheer on team to victory.

Sports is a zero sum game. Play well get rewarded by fans.

Play poorly for an extended period of time get heckled. Its life you have your views I tend to agree that booing is bad but I understand where its coming from.

When I played Lax and we played some horrible teams fans booed and we laughed at the other team.

This is completely different in this is a group of PROFESSIONAL athletes. When you enter the workforce and become a professional in any form if you don't perform to certain standards their will be repercussions.

Thats life and life can be a *****. Either the team makes a play to better itself this Sunday or the team starts looking forward to the future. Their is no in between with this.

I guess the question is --Is booing an insult or a motivational device?

That's an interesting question. I guess it would depend on how strong you are as a person and how competitive you are.

The stronger willed you are the more your going to take it personally and let it motivate you to be better. Like Arenas.

Gilbert takes every perceived slight to make himself better but thats because he's so freaking competitive.

Yeah, it does hurt the team because it energizes the other team.

Have you ever played a sport in high school or college and played in an opposing teams "house"? Have you ever witnessed them being booed because of your teams efficiency or their lack thereof.

I have. And nothing helped fuel my fire or my teammates' fire to these those joker's own "fans" booing them. It felt like they were cheering for us.

And that hurts the team.

You're talking about kids. I'm talking about pros that have experience being booed. You have no proof.

No one is booing the team, the fans are booing Brunell. Cmon now.

Now I would assume that many of the "Boo-Birds" are in the same camp as you. If that is correct, and you will ONLY be "Booing" one person, Brunell, do you feel he is the ONLY reason we are at 2-5? Or better yet, do you think he is the ONLY one not playing well?

I ask this of all the people who plan on "Booing" come Sunday.

Is it all for Brunell?

If so, elaborate further as to why you feel he is the only one deserving of "Boos".

If not, who is it for? The team as a whole? Certain players?

And lastly, if it's for one player, or only a handful of players on the field how will the team as a whole understand the difference of "Fans Booing an individual" and fans "Booing the team as a whole"?

You're talking about kids. I'm talking about pros that have experience being booed. You have no proof.

You don't think it is the same?

Also, college students are not "kids".

When a team is playing the Redskins in D.C. and they hear the Skins fans booing are you really too ignorant to think that the other team is thinking this team and its fans are a joke - or that it fires up the other team?

You don't think it is the same?

Also, college students are not "kids".

When a team is playing the Redskins in D.C. and they hear the Skins fans booing are you really too ignorant to think that the other team is thinking this team and its fans are a joke - or that it fires up the other team?

I deal with college students on a daily basis, and let me assure you most of them are still kids. I think booing is as likely to fire up the team that is being booed as the visiting team. Other people on this forum feel the same way, and you can not prove otherwise.

I deal with college students on a daily basis, and let me assure you most of them are still kids. I think booing is as likely to fire up the team that is being booed as the visiting team. Other people on this forum feel the same way, and you can not prove otherwise.

I'll ask the next Dolphin I run into - they know about being booed ;) .

Thank you sir. We ride together, we die together. Redskins for life lol.

Archived