Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How is booing your team supporting them?

dreamingwolf

Hey,

What happens if we Boo Collins into the game and he plays well??? Will you be angry if Collins comes in as a backup and wins the game and starts against Philly?

I would give Collins he benefit of the doubt - however I really feel like with the way the defense is playing, we are not going to win very many games. Brunell is terrible, at least give the kid some experience.

Let me ask those non-boo-ers a question - (purely hypothetical for those of us without kids) if your kid brings home a terrible report card, or a letter from the teacher saying they told the teacher to go f- herself, do you scold them? punish them? Or do you jsut pat them on the back and say that's ok, just don't do it again? Does that mean you love them any less?

Terrible analogy. Apples and oranges.

A better one would be: You go to your kids soccer game. You've spent lots of money on memberships fees, gear, transportation, your turn at taking all the team out for pizza, private coaching, etc. The team is playing horribly.

Do you boo?

Didn't think so.

Great reasoning.

Tell me how "booing" helps the team....

Look I dont agree with booing but I believe people have the right to show displeasure with an overpaid underperfoming team.

It doesn't help the team but its a way for people to express their displeasure. People are allowed to voice their opinions about politics and to do rallies and protests over issues. Football fans protest a team that by its own admission said "Superbowl or bust" by booing.

Tell me again why this team deserves to get the benefit of the doubt here? You point to last year but we had a completely different mind frame. We where a power team that ran between the tackles. This year where finesse with an entirely different game plane. No comparison.

This years team is left the entire DC/VA/MD in shock. People have stood behind the team for 15years of horrible play. Last year was a building block of hope and we decided to change everything and raised expectations.

With raised expectations come a greater chance for failure, this team hasn't lived up to the fan and media hype nor has it lived up to its own expectations. All the cash spent and poor play has resulted in the place we stand right now. Which more and more looks like one more season down the drain just like 2000 a promising previous year followed by abject failure.

/rant

Look I dont agree with booing but I believe people have the right to show displeasure with an overpaid underperfoming team.

It doesn't help the team but its a way for people to express their displeasure. People are allowed to voice their opinions about politics and to do rallies and protests over issues. Football fans protest a team that by its own admission said "Superbowl or bust" by booing.

Tell me again why this team deserves to get the benefit of the doubt here? You point to last year but we had a completely different mind frame. We where a power team that ran between the tackles. This year where finesse with an entirely different game plane. No comparison.

This years team is left the entire DC/VA/MD in shock. People have stood behind the team for 15years of horrible play. Last year was a building block of hope and we decided to change everything and raised expectations.

With raised expectations come a greater chance for failure, this team hasn't lived up to the fan and media hype nor has it lived up to its own expectations. All the cash spent and poor play has resulted in the place we stand right now. Which more and more looks like one more season down the drain just like 2000 a promising previous year followed by abject failure.

/rant

All of us had higher expectations and have been horribly dissapointed, but that does not call for anyone to do anything detrimental to this team -

Especially booing OUR guys in OUR HOUSE.....

That is ****ing sad and pitiful.

All of us had higher expectations and have been horribly dissapointed, but that does not call for anyone to do anything detrimental to this team -

Especially booing OUR guys in OUR HOUSE.....

That is ****ing sad and pitiful.

Whats sad and pitiful is watching the team walk off the field and the most important player on it is smiling and laughing thats ****ing sad.

Whats sad is not converting third downs thats ****ing sad.

Whats sad is not stopping teams on third and long thats ****ing sad.

Whats sad is having the highest payroll for players and coaches and sitting at 2-5 thats ****ing sad.

Whats sad is being compared to the New York Yankees in spedning style with nothing to show for it thats ****ing sad.

Whats sad is watching the mismanagement of a business as big as the redskins for the last 7 years thats ****ing sad.

Whats sad and pitiful is watching the team walk off the field and the most important player on it is smiling and laughing thats ****ing sad.

Whats sad is not converting third downs thats ****ing sad.

Whats sad is not stopping teams on third and long thats ****ing sad.

Whats sad is having the highest payroll for players and coaches and sitting at 2-5 thats ****ing sad.

Whats sad is being compared to the New York Yankees in spedning style with nothing to show for it thats ****ing sad.

Whats sad is watching the mismanagement of a business as big as the redskins for the last 7 years thats ****ing sad.

This team is going through a lot of **** right now, that is when they need us most, to not be out there booing.

Does anyone else realize this board could be cut down by about 1/3rd if we merged all of the:

-JC v. Brunell/It's the defense/Brunell sucks/I am blind to Brunell's short comings b/c the defense really, really sucks

- To Boo or not to Boo threads?

I love the self-righteous, you're-not-a-real-fan-if-you-boo mentality. If I am displeased with the performance, I am going to boo. It's my right. If we boo loud enough, maybe there will be a change.

Let me ask those non-boo-ers a question - (purely hypothetical for those of us without kids) if your kid brings home a terrible report card, or a letter from the teacher saying they told the teacher to go f- herself, do you scold them? punish them? Or do you jsut pat them on the back and say that's ok, just don't do it again? Does that mean you love them any less?

Um, no the Colts fans weren't. They were booing the refs, and what they considered to be dirty play by the Redskins defense, including the play that ended up getting Daniels fined.

As for your analogy that likens Mark Brunell to one of your children. it makes absolutely no sense - you might want to accompany your kid back to school. I don't think it took the first time. Or maybe you just want to spank Brunell? :doh:

This team is going through a lot of **** right now, that is when they need us most, to not be out there booing.

I must have missed it when all the cheering during the Titans game propelled us to win...

I must have missed it when the Indy home crowd booing them happened to cause them to lose.

This team has no personality and no identity. Those are two things you have to have to go on an extended run.

We had that last year we had the punch you in a mouth personality coupled with the power running identity.

I hope this team goes on a 7-2 or 8-1 run but it's not likely hell its almost improbable with the way we've been playing. The defense is a sieve the offense can't convert when it matters most.

I honestly don't blame the players as much as I blame the coaches and front office. I think Williams ego and Snyder/Gibbs infatuation with free agency really hurt the continuity and team atmosphere from last year.

But what do I know right? I'm just a guy who likes the Skins... :2cents:

I must have missed it when all the cheering during the Titans game propelled us to win...

I must have missed it when the Indy home crowd booing them happened to cause them to lose.

This team has no personality and no identity. Those are two things you have to have to go on an extended run.

We had that last year we had the punch you in a mouth personality coupled with the power running identity.

I hope this team goes on a 7-2 or 8-1 run but it's not likely hell its almost improbable with the way we've been playing. The defense is a sieve the offense can't convert when it matters most.

I honestly don't blame the players as much as I blame the coaches and front office. I think Williams ego and Snyder/Gibbs infatuation with free agency really hurt the continuity and team atmosphere from last year.

But what do I know right? I'm just a guy who likes the Skins... :2cents:

You must have missed the Jax game too then.... or hell, you don't think the crowd played one damned bit of difference against Dallas and New York last year in our stretch?

The point it: BOOING DOESN'T HELP - noone can prove otherwise.

An before the bull**** of "I paid money...." comes up, YOU DID THAT ON YOUR OWN, NOONE FORCED YOU, GET THE **** OVER IT.

EDIT* That last part is to everyone in general GoSkins...

Maybe booing is the only way anyone can actually stand up to the team/coaches/players and tell them we're not buying their excuses anymore. The closest thing fans have to voice concerns is the media and the D.C. media sure as heck doesn't have a backbone. Gibbs has said after every loss that "We'll just work harder" and the media just accepts this. I assumed that an NFL team would be working at 100% capacity all along. So after hearing this for 5 weeks, am I now to assume that they started the season working at 70% and now they're just getting to their full capacity?

Meanwhile, the problem is evident to EVERYONE who covers or views NFL games, and we keep trotting the same cr@p out there every week. Maybe this is a case for working "smarter" not "harder".

Tell me again how this deserves anything less than booing?

You must have missed the Jax game too then.... or hell, you don't think the crowd played one damned bit of difference against Dallas and New York last year in our stretch?

An before the bull**** of "I paid money...." comes up, YOU DID THAT ON YOUR OWN, NOONE FORCED YOU, GET THE **** OVER IT.

I was at the Jax game I'm a proud season ticket holder section 404 third row from the top.

Booing may not help but it shows displeasure of an entire fan base. You remember when Brunell was booed so bad in the Cincy game in 04 Ramsey came in?

Immediate impact almost won the game. Ramsey went on two have better numbers (win/loss) than MB. Sometimes it can make a difference.

You may disagree with it but its going to happen. I won't boo because well I just don't. But I do believe people have a right to boo.

This team needs a quick kick in the ass. Maybe the bye week gave it to them. Who knows, but if we see another Titans like repeat its going to get ugly very quickly.

This fanbase has been played by this team for a long time people are finally starting to get so fed up that they just don't care anymore. It sucks but when you see people saying thier "numb" or "disinterested" thats more dis-hearting than booing.

At least booing takes some passion and takes people to care. How about we don't cheer? Fandom is a two way street 4lyf at some point of team people are gonna pull a U turn. That U turn is wide one but its started at the Titans game...

It doesn't matter if it helps or doesn't help. The point is we have the RIGHT to boo if we want. Football is a business. The redskins are providing us bad service so we have the right to give back inputs.

If you're a moron who pays for a service and accepts whatever output you get, then let that be you, but don't insult others who choose to protest.:doh:

Booing is defineately not supporting the team, but sometimes when a team is flat and plays so so bad, they deserve to be booed. Don't get me wrong, I love the SKINS, but this team has been a disappointment since preseason, and they need to be focused and fired up, which no one has shown any spark. Our QB leader is flat, so the team plays flat. I was not at the game against Tennessee that the Fans booed, but I almost through my TV out the window, so I can understand a BOO. Look, these guys are PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL PLAYERS, I am sure that their skin is thick enough to deal with a BOOing crowd. Plus it's tough love. It's not like they were getting booed the whole season, they got booed once. I think that the fans have just gotten feed up of the team talking, but not walking. Al Saunders is the one who should be booed for coming here and changing our perfectly good offense of Gibbs. Plus the staff should be booed for not using TJ Duckett at all.

Booing is defineately not supporting the team, but sometimes when a team is flat and plays so so bad, they deserve to be booed. Don't get me wrong, I love the SKINS, but this team has been a disappointment since preseason, and they need to be focused and fired up, which no one has shown any spark. Our QB leader is flat, so the team plays flat. I was not at the game against Tennessee that the Fans booed, but I almost through my TV out the window, so I can understand a BOO. Look, these guys are PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL PLAYERS, I am sure that their skin is thick enough to deal with a BOOing crowd. Plus it's tough love. It's not like they were getting booed the whole season, they got booed once. I think that the fans have just gotten feed up of the team talking, but not walking. Al Saunders is the one who should be booed for coming here and changing our perfectly good offense of Gibbs. Plus the staff should be booed for not using TJ Duckett at all.

I agree, again if you need fans to cheer for you all the time...then you're not a real football player. if you do a crappy job you'll hear about it. Deal with it.

Um' date=' no the Colts fans weren't. They were booing the refs, and what they considered to be dirty play by the Redskins defense, including the play that ended up getting Daniels fined.[/quote']

When did Daniels get fined? And the Colts are 7-0 - they have earned the right to be cheered. We have an overpaid, under performing team. They deserve to be booed. Oh and I never mentioned the Colts.

As for your analogy that likens Mark Brunell to one of your children. it makes absolutely no sense - you might want to accompany your kid back to school. I don't think it took the first time. Or maybe you just want to spank Brunell? :doh:

Ok obviously that analogy was way over your head b/c you clearly missed the point. Lets try another one. If you do a bad job - don't you hear about it from any number of superiours? If your customers are upset with your performace, shouldn't they have the right to complain?

By the way, some fans on this board have this relationship with the Redskins all screwed up. This is a one way street. The Redskins exist solely to provide me entertainment. I will pay a fee (at times) for that service, but mostly I am passive. If the Redskins fail to entertain me, I shall express my displeasure.

Basically, the Redskins are a stripper. I may pay a cover charge once in a while, but I am not paying for a lap dance until they lose about 15 pounds or get that hideous tattoo on their stomach removed. And I certainly don't care about whoever is not paying them child support. And why is no one dancing on this end of the stage?

Archived