Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GIBBS : spends bye week assessing Redskins’ poor start ~ ~ ~

kelly

Are you denying that the defense is pathetic? With all due respect, what games are you watching? Yeah, our offense is lackluster, but our defense is just a plain JOKE.

amen to that.

sorry to disagree, greek- the O has struggled but the D has been plain horrific overall.

Our Defense is 26th in the league. Trying to blame that on the Offense is the joke.

Do a quick comparison of talent on offense vs. the talent on defense, if the offense can't bail out the defense with the HUGE advantage they have, it's a problem. If we had the bears personnel on defense and still ranked as low as we are now, then ya, you could blame it all on the defense.

Do a quick comparison of talent on offense vs. the talent on defense, if the offense can't bail out the defense with the HUGE advantage they have, it's a problem. If we had the bears personnel on defense and still ranked as low as we are now, then ya, you could blame it all on the defense.

TOP is essential for a win...giving up 8..9...and 10 minute drives gives your offense little room for error.

TOP is essential for a win...giving up 8..9...and 10 minute drives gives your offense little room for error.

Hum, maybe that would be possible if we didn't completely screw the defense year after year through FA. You have all the talent in the world on the offensive side of the ball, they need to step up and get it done.

I know one thing - A Good Defensive Line can make a Bad secondary look good.

Well, our Defensive Line $ucks!!! So I don't care how we stack our back 7... when you allow the opponents QB time to have a coffee and smoke break, we will always get burned.

The D blows for sure this season, but to put it almost completely on them as some have is more than ridiculous.

I dont think anyones putting it all on the defense. But they sure dont get a free pass. Look at how many big plays they give up week in and week out. And please dont tell me its because their "tired" from being on the field to long. Look at what our opponents have done on the opening drives this year.

I think no one area of this team is at fault. The crap we have had to endure is not confined to any one area. What has been good? Our offense can't throw the ball more than 15 yards downfield so the other teams sit on those routes, Special teams hasn't been great other than the return game, we even had to change kickers. Defense? What defense. Marcus Washington has been a beast but he is only one guy. Hopefully Springs return will shore up the secondary, Carlos Rogers can handle the number 2 receiver but he isn't up to covering the other teams go to receiver at this point. I would say that the running game is okay but we have not seen enough of it to give it a grade.

What happened to the Redskins football I learned to love. Play ferocious defense, control the game with the run and set up timely passes to keep the other guy honest. Don't tell me this can't work in todays game because I watched the Steelers use that same approach and win it all last year.

Are you denying that the defense is pathetic? With all due respect, what games are you watching? Yeah, our offense is lackluster, but our defense is just a plain JOKE.

The offense is averaging 3 points a game against the division. That is not lackluster. That is not even a joke. It is beyond pathetic. We are a little better against the NFC as a whole, just over 7 points a game. That is still pathetic too.

The offense is averaging 3 points a game against the division. That is not lackluster. That is not even a joke. It is beyond pathetic. We are a little better against the NFC as a whole, just over 7 points a game. That is still pathetic too.

How many point are our division foes scoring? Its a two sided coin, and both sides suck.

How many point are our division foes scoring? Its a two sided coin, and both sides suck.

23. Giving up 23 is far better than putting up 3. Putting up 3 means you likely have very little time of posssion and force more plays on the D. Granted the D has been pretty bad as well, but the brunt falls on Brunell. Any other starter in this league would be better than 2-5 on our team. No on e can honestly say otherwise.

Anyone here listen to Moving the Chains on Sirius NFL Radio today?

They had Casey Rabach on and asked him if any new wrinkles had been added to the offense or any personnel change was in the works...Rabach replied " No changes".

That was kind of disheartening to hear to say the least.

He mentioned that they looked forward to going against Dallas because they had a healthy Portis(I thought he had an ankle?) this time around and that the team expects CP to play.

Later on in the show, they had Andre Carter on. He said the Griffin and Big Joe looked good running around in practice and that Troy Vincent was a real leader and a boost to the secondary. Said the defense had good practice today.

IMO, the defense only has one way to go, up. Hell, they've bottomed out, what other direction is there to go??

Curiously, I always use to wonder what it was that Joe Gibbs saw in Greg Williams. Personally, I thought he was overrated, but who am I to question Joe Gibbs' ability to seek out a good defensive coach. Then, 2 years ago, we're rewarded with the 4th best overall Defense. Last year, much like water seeking its own level, we drop to the 9th overall Defense. This year, we hit rock bottom! Am I the only one who sees a trend here, or is Greg Williams really a good defensive coach?

23. Giving up 23 is far better than putting up 3. Putting up 3 means you likely have very little time of posssion and force more plays on the D. Granted the D has been pretty bad as well, but the brunt falls on Brunell. Any other starter in this league would be better than 2-5 on our team. No on e can honestly say otherwise.

The brunt falls on the whole team. Talking about crushes, are you in love with Camobell?

The brunt falls on the whole team. Talking about crushes, are you in love with Camobell?

Nope. I actually give him a 20% chance of being successful here, but I'd rather see him fail now than watch a 36 year old qb throw for 3 yards an attempt and put up 3 against the division when we are 2-5 and the tougher teams of the schedule are coming up.

Nope. I actually give him a 20% chance of being successful here, but I'd rather see him fail now than watch a 36 year old qb throw for 3 yards an attempt and put up 3 against the division when we are 2-5 and the tougher teams of the schedule are coming up.

Im all for Campbell starting. But when are you going to realize that this team has many more problems than just the qb?

So you need to see another qb start to assess the defense? Are you kidding me? How about the run blocking or the stupid penalties?

Yes you do. When the defense knows that they have the worst qb in the league, it affects their play. Plus the 3 and outs have worn them down. It's hard to run block when the other team laughs at even the suggestion that a ball will be thrown more than 5 yards beyond the line of scrimage.

Yes you do. When the defense knows that they have the worst qb in the league, it affects their play. Plus the 3 and outs have worn them down. It's hard to run block when the other team laughs at even the suggestion that a ball will be thrown more than 5 yards beyond the line of scrimage.

Please go cheer for the Raiders, youd fit right in. We play the defensive players a ton of money. Its not their job to worry about the offense. And lets face it we werent that great of an offense the last 2 years when our d was a force to be reckoned with. Your whole arguement is just lame.

Please go cheer for the Raiders, youd fit right in. We play the defensive players a ton of money. Its not their job to worry about the offense. And lets face it we werent that great of an offense the last 2 years when our d was a force to be reckoned with. Your whole arguement is just lame.

Why don't you go cheer for Dallas. You live there. More reasons why Dallas is worthless.

I swear I saw the title of this thread and thought it said "Gibbs spends bye week assasinating Redskins" and my hand almost slipped off my mouse trying to click on it.

chair.jpg

I know what you mean. I was like "Wow. I know folks wanted Joe to call players out but I mean really... "

:)

Archived