Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

President Says Democrats Are 'Disposed' to Increase Taxes

@DCGoldPants

raising taxes just because, and raising them to offset cuts during a time of war are two different things.

Conservation should have been the tactic instead of cutting the 1st go around. No, its simply correcting previous mistakes.

Buffs the Dems would have cut taxes as well though, they were to high, heck I couldn't believe how much I was paying in the 90's.

Buffs the Dems would have cut taxes as well though, they were to high, heck I couldn't believe how much I was paying in the 90's.

Really? You couldn't believe you were paying that extra 1.2%? :doh:

Come on now Booma, If you are going to argue that the federal tax cut you got did anything to make your life better, while your property tax increased, fees increased and the cost of living increased, then you are even more blind then I thought

Really? You couldn't believe you were paying that extra 1.2%? :doh:

Come on now Booma, If you are going to argue that the federal tax cut you got did anything to make your life better, while your property tax increased, fees increased and the cost of living increased, then you are even more blind then I thought

it did because we were able to save more into our IRA since we will not have any social security

and come on that $300 dollar check we all got you know you bought your xbox or playstation 2 with :D

and I think it was 3% not 1.2

I think when we are paying billions for a war, we shouldn't be cutting anything.

We should be asking people to "Do their part".

Meaning, everything from the simple things like carpooling and recycling. To the bigger things like what was asking during WWII. Victory gardens and making your homes open to military folks on leave.

We're not asked to do anything but spend more? that's weak.

I think when we are paying billions for a war, we shouldn't be cutting anything.

Meaning, everything from the simple things like carpooling and recycling. To the bigger things like what was asking during WWII. Victory gardens and making your homes open to military folks on leave.

according to you we shouldn't even be in a war :)

I can agree with that, however when the law was originally passed we were not in a war. If lets say the defecit was still increasing then yes I would agree, but the fact it shrunk some then I do not see it being a big deal. It is not like the extra money from the taxes would go to anything important to begin with.

Having a little more disposable income with the increases in everything else is a plus.

No, we shouldn't be. But we are.

So, asking for alittle support from the people isn't bad.

Putting a stick of a ribbon on your car is easy. Actually giving something out of your wallet for a war you support is alittle different.

do you honestly feel that extra money would go to the war? it would go to other pork projects across the US

instead of giving the money to the feds, i feel it is better to donate money to those that need it

I thought were spending 4% vs. 30% GDP on the two wars mentioned?

1) We are a free country and we can't MAKE anyone do anything. We make money in a capitalistic society by WORKING. There are available jobs everyday and everywhere in this country. They may not be the CEO of GM type of jobs. But every able person in this country can and should be working. It is not the job of our country to coddle sloth.

2) The numbers are not large.

1) So, being poor and homeless is always the homeless or poor person's fault? I used to be blinded by this idea too, maybe one day you will awaken and see that the system is geared to help the rich and neglect the poor. I guess the poor and homeless are just lazy. That's so much crap they don't make a shovel big enough.

2) If the numbers are not large then why do they exist at all? Why don't the rich out of their abundance provide for those with none?

Honestly, I hope you don't really believe what you're saying here.

So instead of facts you bring rhetoric.

Do you want me to do the homework for you? I will even show you how we compare to EVERY OTHER NATION IN THE WORLD. If you would like of course....

I gave you a number, 1, and that's too many! Oh, and to the point we aren't talking about EVERY OTHER NATION IN THE WORLD, we ARE talking about the "richest" nation in the world, and I raised the question of why there is poverty and homelessness in the "richest" nation in the world.

The same two percent that pays 50% (or more) of the taxes already? the same two percent that is a major force in driving this economy?

I love how you are attempting to mislead using statistics, its really quite humorous. What's it matter if the top 2% pay more than 50% of the taxes, when the percentage that they are actually paying is less than what the average middle class family pays. I love it when the super wealthy 2% complain about paying less percentage than everyone else. :laugh:

I gave you a number, 1, and that's too many! Oh, and to the point we aren't talking about EVERY OTHER NATION IN THE WORLD, we ARE talking about the "richest" nation in the world, and I raised the question of why there is poverty and homelessness in the "richest" nation in the world.

Actually when you drop the mentally handicapped out of the homes into the streets 1 is not too many and if you look deeper many wouldnt allow you to get them off the streets even if you had a penthouse and limo to give them.

Less than 20% at this moment would be impossible without locking them up.

Actually when you drop the mentally handicapped out of the homes into the streets 1 is not too many and if you look deeper many wouldnt allow you to get them off the streets even if you had a penthouse and limo to give them.

Less than 20% at this moment would be impossible without locking them up.

Ok, all sweeping generalizations aside..........:doh:

I love how you are attempting to mislead using statistics, its really quite humorous. What's it matter if the top 2% pay more than 50% of the taxes, when the percentage that they are actually paying is less than what the average middle class family pays. I love it when the super wealthy 2% complain about paying less percentage than everyone else. :laugh:

So what is you opinion of the No Child Left Behind Act by George Bush. :D

So what is you opinion of the No Child Left Behind Act by George Bush. :D

It started off well, but then was forgotten. Irony. I wish the administration would actually pay more attention to it, but they are insisting on cutting taxes while maintaining spending, so something's got to give, and since defense isn't going to be cut my guess is that the children are going to get the short end of the stick.

It started off well, but then was forgotten. Irony. I wish the administration would actually pay more attention to it, but they are insisting on cutting taxes while maintaining spending, so something's got to give, and since defense isn't going to be cut my guess is that the children are going to get the short end of the stick.

It's the thought that counts.

I say it is impossible to have 100% of our children achieve a quality education.

I say it is impossible to have 100% of our children achieve a quality education.

This is the republican argument, it is impossible so we shouldn't even TRY to do it. . .yet when the "impossibility" is a $100Billion dollar star wars program, it is needed for the sanctity of our country :doh:

The other argument is that "private schools" should get public education money. The rich elite want federal money to send their children to private schools, where the children are accepted based solely on who the parents are. They want joe taxpayer to subsidize their tuition to places like Phillips Academy where Bush went.

There are many things rich people do to get out of paying taxes, but then again, they can hire the best accountants to get them out of paying taxes. It is the poor schmuck who has to pay the money, not the elitist businessman.

Why do you think the IRA tries tax evasion cases on something like a 10,000:1 ratio based on income levels? Because the rich people will pay for the high priced lawyer and will successfully fight the case, where the poor person will most likely settle out of court amd end up paying 5 times what they were due. The case workers are based the number of cases tried, not the amount of money the collect.

Read David Cay Johnston's book Perfectly Legal for a good look at the inside of how rich people avoid paying taxes, how the middle class is squeezed and how the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Clinton was almost as bad, but nowhere near Bush when it comes to poverty, tax cuts and the wealthy.

The GDP is not a good indicator of the real economic activity of our nation, so any comparison with the GDP and the National Debt is going to be skewed. The GDP favors policies that are geared to favor the rich, hence the problem of vast poverty in the "richest" nation in the world. Ironic, huh? But, then, you'll disagree.

GDP is not a good indicator of the real economic anctivity of our nation???

Do you know what GDP is???

GDP favors policies that are geared to favor the rich???

We have a problem of vast poverty???

before you make a fool out of yourself maybe you should collect some data that supports your arguements. I am willing to bet that you have never been to a "third world" country. Our poverty problems don't compare to what most of those countries are going through.

1) So, being poor and homeless is always the homeless or poor person's fault? I used to be blinded by this idea too, maybe one day you will awaken and see that the system is geared to help the rich and neglect the poor. I guess the poor and homeless are just lazy. That's so much crap they don't make a shovel big enough.

2) If the numbers are not large then why do they exist at all? Why don't the rich out of their abundance provide for those with none?

Honestly, I hope you don't really believe what you're saying here.

Then how can poor people from other countries some how become succesful yet the poor here can not.

Look at people who comeover from China and India and how poor they are, yet now some are Dr's or own their own companies etc...

For some reason Americans feel they are entitled to certain riches, however when you go to countries like India, Bolivia then you understand what poor is, and they do not feel sorry for themself they are all working in the streets all day long, and when they can get to the US they keep the same work ethic etc...

Heck look at the illegal immagrants from mexica and central america, they do not just sit around and wait for money from the government, they go out and work hard.

I have no respect for the poor of the US that just wait for a check or food stamp from the government and do not try to better their situation. When I have seen and heard how immagrants who are really poor and see how they do it, then yes it is because some have no drive and are incredibly lazy.

Archived