Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Showtime Series "Dexter"

HOF44

wow, this is gonna be interesting. how is he gonna explain his gunshot wound? what's he gonna do with doakes?

Yeah - its a very interesting show, because it doesn't try to force the viewers to take sides. You have a serial killer who's likable, and a good guy figure (Doakes) who isn't. Who do you root for? In order for Dexter to save himself, he has to kill or frame an innocent man.

I have no idea whats going to happen.

Great cast. Great idea. Great writing. I'm a big fan.

Anyone into 'Brotherhood'? Its slow, but some great acting....

The twists and turns and direction of this last episode continues to put this show at the top of my "most creative and entertaining" list. I love seeing Kieth Carradine in this role, love seeing "sis" grow as a character, can't wait for the final dispostion of Doakes & sponsor lady (can't think of name--layla or soemthing).

i think there's going to be a major all-connected ****-pile explosion that outrageously, yet still believably, effectively elminates doakes, lilah, and even lundy while getting dex out of the spotlight, but the blowback will leave sis with reason to suspect dex (spurrred on by lady cop boss who "knows" doakes was clean)and that will be the mess hanging over next season. :cool:

i got carried away. :D

Hey everyone, just wanted to pass on a couple Dexter-related news items..

The last two episodes have been "leaked" (supposedly by Showtime) and are now available online

Also, I read yesterday that to take up time slots left empty by the writer's strike, CBS is considering adapting Dexter to be more network-friendly and will be showing old episodes. I'm not sure how this would really work considering the nature of the show, but I guess if Sex and the City can be network ready and The Sopranos can be basic-cable ready, then maybe Dexter can follow suit? Will be interesting to see if this actually happens

Also, I read yesterday that to take up time slots left empty by the writer's strike, CBS is considering adapting Dexter to be more network-friendly and will be showing old episodes. I'm not sure how this would really work considering the nature of the show, but I guess if Sex and the City can be network ready and The Sopranos can be basic-cable ready, then maybe Dexter can follow suit? Will be interesting to see if this actually happens

I sort of hope it doesn't happen.

A lot of Dexter's appeal is its grit, which I'd bet would be lost if it were on network TV.

i'm debating on whether i should download the last two episodes that were leaked, tough decisions. lol

a life changing decision indeed :P

I kind of debated but was home sick all day yesterday and have watched all the movies I own about 10 times.

I sort of hope it doesn't happen.

A lot of Dexter's appeal is its grit, which I'd bet would be lost if it were on network TV.

I kind of agree...I'm not sure how they would ever show the kill scenes, etc. I also enjoy that it has a less commercial fan base.

Well if you're talking about grit, I think shows like 24 and ER have grit in them. Comparing Dexter grit to 24 grit is different however. The last two episodes (which I did watch and didn't even think about waiting for a bit to fully let each sink in) made me realize that this is one of the best written and best acted shows on TV at the moment. Michael C. Hall is brilliant and really really layers Dexter to a point, and then shows a completely new layer and surprises you.

Bringing the show to network television would of course cut out the various Deb "****"s (which are very amusing) as well as the blood (which is a HUGE part of the show). It would also need to be cut to about 40 minutes from its 50-54 min runtime now to account for commercials. Most of that can be in the blood and the "****"s, but I don't want the show to lose its raw appeal JUST to gain commercial appeal.

AND IT'S SOO HARD NOT TO DISCUSS WHAT HAPPENED IN THE LAST 2 EPISODES BECAUSE I REALLY WANT TO BUT I DON'T WANT TO RUIN IT FOR ANYONE!!! :(

Sorry about the caps... just had to get that off. :)

I watched the last two as well. Thanks to StillUnknown! Woo! I was just too impatient to wait. :laugh:

am i the only one who hates Dexter's sister?

for some reason i can't stand that character, to the point that i'm hoping she catches a bullet. lol

She's the worst actor on the show. Though she's done a much better job this season than she did in the first season. Still, her acting skills leave so much to be desired. Thank god for Michael C. Hall. His acting pretty much makes up for anything bad that you could think of about the show.

Archived