Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Cowboys Rivalry Quotes

Mark The Homer

Who should get the bulk of the carries Sunday night?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Who should get the bulk of the carries Sunday night?

• TJ "the plow" Duckett
    • Ladell "I tripped over a blade of grass" Betts

Great post!

I have to say some of those quotes from the players on our early 80s teams gave me chills...even the one from the Cleveland fan describing the scene from the 82 championship game.

I remember watching that game distinctly. My dad and I, snow on the ground and cold, him stoking the wood stove and making sandwiches. Him scolding me after I cheered when Danny White was injured. It's why I'm such a fan now...

Now that we have a new team with a new culture, I'm really looking forward to seeing what these guys do to fan the flames of this rivalry.

One good omen for Shanahan is this: When he coached Denver his team almost always beat their biggest rival, the Raiders. They played 28 times and Denver won 21 of the games.

Thank God DHall with his comments about going after Romo and his ribs is fanning the flames of this rival again. It's always good when it goes national and it has, I've seen it all over ESPN, NFLnetwork, local sports stations (TV &Radio). I hope Dhall has shared with the young guns on this team what it means to beat cowgirls.

It is a great thread! Thank you for posting it! I am old enough to remember almost all of them and the quotes brought back some serious memories.

And - without memories, there'd be no rivalries!

I find myself hoping some of the younger Redskin players that weren't around to watch those games could read this thread and get some Redskin History and get a better feel for how serious this rivalry is!

WE WANT DALLAS!

HTTR!!!

• 1 year later...