Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Preseason Finale: The Final Uniform Thread

Ax

Yeah yeah I know, not ANOTHER uniform thread. :doh:

Well, if I have to suffer through ANOTHER barrage of, "We Suck", and "We're Fine", and "Player X Needs To Go", and, "We'll Regret Cutting _____" threads, then you can suffer through another uniform rant.

Does which uniform a team chooses to wear actually make a difference in how a team performs? Of course not. That's silly. But before you make a crack about "The Fashion Police", at least admit to being concerned about fashion on some level. We all are. That's why we don't let our kids go to school wearing horizonitally striped pink pants with a vertically striped lime green shirt.

(Well, maybe Uncle PCS would. But we love him, so we'd forgive him)

We love our kids to much to let them go out looking funny.

Well, I love the Washington Redskins. And I think they look, funny, in all white ugliforms. As a matter of fact, I think compared to every other uniform combo the team has ever worn, they look like ****. I hate'm so much I disabled the Show Avatars option so I wouldn't have to look at them all week. It's a shame too, cause the guys did such a great job on them. But like the saying goes, trash in, trash out.

When my Madden franchise decides on it's own to put my guys in the all whites, I let the computer play the game I hate them so much. My feeling is, if I have to see the fugly uckers every week during the real games, and yes, I DO have to watch, then I'll take the other six days to try and forget about them.

Some say, "But the players are the ones who chose to wear the all whites."

Yeah? Big friggin deal. We've been the Burgundy& Gold for over 70 yrs.

None of these guys we're here 10 years ago, let alone 70, and few if any will be here 10 yrs from now. The constant has been Burgundy & Gold. And some of you think that guys like me, who hate our tradition being toyed with by visitors, shouldn't be worried about the uniforms? Well then, neither should the players. Worry about winning a Championship. Picking which uniform they want to wear isn't in their job description either.

I realize of course, it could be a lot worse. If we had to wear something like those horrible looking Bengals rags, I'd seriously consider going back to just listening to the games on the radio. So thank Buddha for that!

But in the end, I love the Redskins, so I'll suffer through the all whites as long as I have to. I just wish that they, like the preseason, were a thing of the past.

Of course, if the players decide to change the helmet to all white, then we might as well change the spelling of the name to the Washington RedsKKKins, and change the fight song to "White Power!"

(Of course that's a ridiculous statement designed to stir the pot)

Here endeth the rant.

On to Miami. Hail To The Redskins!!!

I agree with you Ax that the white on white uni's have been played out.

I want the Skins to go back to the white jersey with the burgundy pants for the regular season.

I guess us ol....um, more mature guys understand tradition a bit better than some of the youngsters do.

Great looking sig BTW.

the white on white's were great last year. It was another binding factor for the team. We were on such a rush, and it was great being both a player or a fan. Either way, this is a new season. We have to start off new again. I like tradition, but I also like momentum. We cannot convert last years white Uni momentum to this year. I say bring the red pants back for now. Shoot, lets throw in gold pants too. Let the team decide, but the white on whites were first a Spurrier thing were they not? Also, they were a major rallying cause for us last year, lets keep last year as pure as we can, and make some better memories this year!

I think the Redskins are past due for a remake of their uniform. I know, I know, the current uniform has tradition which is what everyone talks about over and over again. However, I don't think the current Skins uniforms fair particularly well against other franchises that have updated their uniforms. The Falcons, Panthers, etc. have much better uniforms in my opinion.

Here's one for you, put the Skins logo where the numbers currently are and move the numbers to the shoulder (which always looks way cooler, which is one of the reasons I think the Skins retro uniform is better then the current). Take the stripe and have it arch between the Skins logo and the numbers. Considering mixing up the colors such as having a yellow stripe run down the seam under the arm on the white uniform. There are a lot of things that could be done to jazz up the uniform and I'm certainly not a fashion designer. You know Danny will do it at some point to make $$$ millions of dollars in selling new merchandise.

The Falcons, Panthers, etc. have much better uniforms in my opinion.

Dude, that's like saying your neighbors kids are better looking than your own. Even if you believe it's true, you don't say it out loud, in public.

Besides, it not true IMO. Carolina doesn't yet have a tradition that shouldn't be ****ed with.

And personally, I like Atlanta's old uniforms better as well.

Could not agree more...I hate the white on white look. It was nice while they were on a run last year, but I still never liked it. It's time to bring back the burgandy pants PLEASE!!!!

I think it's time for the coaches to stop letting the players decide what they want to wear. Taking back control over the uniform color may be a small thing....but it still sends a very clear message to the players about who is really in charge of the team.

I was going to start this thread one last time so I am just glad someone else did.

What we need is for someone to sneak into their locker room and steal the white pants. YOu could sell them on eBay for a fortune as "game worn" apparel and you'd be doing the team a service in the process. C'mon, someone step up and take one for the team...in fact, take them ALL for the team.

White on white still looks.... odd to me.

Bring back the burgundy and gold striped pants or do something completely different..

Burgundy and Gold jerseys and pants! Even though it breaks tradition massively, it might be an intersting way to begin the Saunders era in Washington.

Archived