Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Randy Thomas Quote

brooksflow

Hadn't seen this discussed yet. Another telling quote to boost the excitement even more:

"This is Coach Gibbs' team now. We got rid of the bad apples. The locker room is the best I've ever been around."

-- Seventh-year guard Randy Thomas on the Redskins' chemistry.

I dotn think Champ was ever a bad apple. he didn't bad mouth. naturally, after losing and soooo many constant changes, you can't possibly blame him for, you know, wanting to win.

maybe smoot was. yes yes, he was wonderful while he was here, and i absolutely loved him. but i still can't believe he'd go to MINNESOTA and have an Adult Cruise rather than come back to DC.

]']I dotn think Champ was ever a bad apple. he didn't bad mouth. naturally' date=' after losing and soooo many constant changes, you can't possibly blame him for, you know, wanting to win.

maybe smoot was. yes yes, he was wonderful while he was here, and i absolutely loved him. but i still can't believe he'd go to MINNESOTA and have an Adult Cruise rather than come back to DC.[/quote']

If Champ's not a "bad apple" while he was here then Smoot definitely wasn't...and I question just how much of a "team guy" Bailey was during his last year or so on the team. Afterall, nobody knew of Coles' discontent (or at least the level of it) until after he was traded.

Bad apple doesnt necessarily mean bad person. It means bad for the team chemistry. You dont think Champ not wanting to be here was bad for team chemistry?

He wasn't demonstrative about it though. It was barely a blip in the WT or WP. He was a professional. Apples and Oranges.

By "bad apples" I think Randy just meant players who for one reason or another were a distraction or were not completely committed to Coach Gibbs' way of doing things. I doubt he meant that anyone in particular was a bad player or a bad human being. I'm also sure Joe Gibbs wouldn't tack that "bad apple" label on anyone either. Poor choice of words.

Champ I do think was a bit of a bad apple. Sure, he kept his mouth shut most of the time, but just being silent doesnt make you a good teamate. I remember hearing a lot about his attitude in general after losses, just not caring. Plus we saw what kind of attitude he had in his final year hear. No, not nearly as bad as some, but still a bad apple.

]']I dotn think Champ was ever a bad apple. he didn't bad mouth. naturally' date=' after losing and soooo many constant changes, you can't possibly blame him for, you know, wanting to win.

maybe smoot was. yes yes, he was wonderful while he was here, and i absolutely loved him. but i still can't believe he'd go to MINNESOTA and have an Adult Cruise rather than come back to DC.[/quote']

I would not say that Champ was a bad apple but Coles is the one I think of right away. I wonder how he likes the Jets now!!!!

I think this quote from Randy Thomas was in response to the article that Lavar Arrington blasted the Redskins Organization especially Dan Snyder. He did not say anything bad about Joe Gibbs in that article. I don't remember where I read it. Lavar was a bad apple in his last two seasons with the team because of his contract. Plus he thought he was untouchable and was Snyder's buddy. As for all the rest, they all just didn't want to work for a great coach who knows how to win. Joe Gibbs picks his guys and goes with them because he is a proven winner. The ones he discards are discarded for a reason.

I'll do you boys a favor and ask Tre Johnson the next chance I get, which should be in the next month. He works at my school, and is a completely awesome guy, both as a history teacher (he teaches freaking 8th graders... I'd bet noone ever misses an assignment) and as a coach in football too.

Champ wasn't a bad apple. Maybe after he left, but not while he was here. Don't hate on him now that hes gone.

But yes, the bad apples are gone.

I agree Champ wasn't a bad apple he may left on bad terms but I do believe he wanted to stay a redskin at one point. I am still a fan of his I wish him the best with the exception if he's playing against the skins.

Archived