Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins Vs. Cowgirls Nov. 5th

Monkskin81

I have a little dilemma. I received 2 tickets to the skins vs cowgirls game on Nov. 5th from a season ticket holder as a gift. I have received these tickets every year for the last three (this will be the fourth) I know I'm pretty fricken lucky! The previous three years I have taken a college buddy who is also a big Skins fan. However this year I have recently started dating someone and I want to take her to make her a real skins fan. She knows about football, but she doesn't have a team, yet. I want to make her a skins fan and I believe there's no better way than to take her to the Skins vs. Cowgirls game. Would it be legit if I took her to this game or are one of my buddies more deserving? PLEASE HELP! HTTR

Don't take her until she is a real fan. You have all season to break her in and get her on board, the last thing you want to do is be distracted for the biggest home game of the year. If she really wants to go though, you could always tell her to buy one extra:laugh:

Gotta do what you gotta do man. That would be a hell of a first skins game to go to. If you are really into this one, and you better be if your thinking about giving that ticket to her, then thats cool. It should definitely have some affect towards turing her on to the skins.

You got a little while to decide anyways... Good luck tho

I have a little dilemma. I received 2 tickets to the skins vs cowgirls game on Nov. 5th from a season ticket holder as a gift. I have received these tickets every year for the last three (this will be the fourth) I know I'm pretty fricken lucky! The previous three years I have taken a college buddy who is also a big Skins fan. However this year I have recently started dating someone and I want to take her to make her a real skins fan. She knows about football, but she doesn't have a team, yet. I want to make her a skins fan and I believe there's no better way than to take her to the Skins vs. Cowgirls game. Would it be legit if I took her to this game or are one of my buddies more deserving? PLEASE HELP! HTTR

This is a tough one. I dont know what you should do but good luck!

If you arent sure where your relationship will end up, you will regret not taking your buddy.

Story:

I used to go to my buddies house every yr for thanksgiving, it was tradition. then i started dating this girl who had me crazy about her, and she wanted me to go to her house and meet the parents for thanksgiving. you all know what i did, i ditched my best friend and went to this girls house. 3 mos later we were no longer dating and my buddy (who understood for the most part) still gives me crap to this day about that thanksgiving.

Moral: take your friend unless this girl is for real.

You gotta earn your way up to a Skins / Cowpies game. That should never be a casual fan's first game. :2cents:

yea but what better way for someone to be introduced to Redskins football than experiencing the intense rivalry of Redskins-Cowboys first hand?

take the friend.

odds are she won't be devastated unless she's a big fan, so unless your friend will be really really "no no it's cool man take her" about the whole thing (and even then, i'd suspect he'd still want to go really REALLY bad), take your friend.

it's skins and cowgirls dude. do what you gotta do.

Take your friend. It's a tradition for the two of you to go to the Skins-Cowboys game. If you must take your girl to a game, step up and buy a pair for another game. If you're really serious about this girl then you most likely are spending less and less time with your friends. If nothing else, this game every year should be some time to spend with your boy.

most girls...(MOST - not all) will ask more questions than Regis Philbon at their first NFL game. It takes 100% of the enjoyment out cuz you end up turning into John Madden with more explanations so she will grasp all 90589 concepts in football. U basically have to explain all this garbage to her so she will have a better time.

She may basically end up saying well it was a good time but i dont really understand the game....thus making it not "worth it" to take her. But if she's real hot then she should go:)

Seriously though sit and watch some other games, reg. season Skins games with her so she can get all 889474 questions out of the way so when its Skins/Cowboys gametime she wont be bothering with all the dumb questions.

How you can select a new romantic interest over lifelong friends (and loyal Redskins fans) is beyond me. To me, this is a no-brainer. I can't believe you're even asking the board's advice. You take the buddy, and explain the Skins to her at another point.

Plus, in all likelihood, she will not understand the significance of the match-up, and you'll be playing professor, educating her the whole time on what this means to you and other Redskins fans. You'll be concerned as to whether or not she's enjoying herself, if she's bored, if she wants to leave. Dont' you see? This question is the Pandora's Box of true fandom!

Take your friend and enjoy the game as it is meant to be enjoyed; save the education for when it's on TV. Plus, how would you feel if your buddy passed you over for a Redskins-Cowboys game - to take some new chick? Are you mad?! Wouldn't you simply demand he turn in his testicles on the spot? What kind of a guy - and Skins fan - would do this to a trusted, buddy (and to himself)?

:doh: @ some of these responses *lmao*

If you really want to turn her into a Skins' fan, then you have all of the games (about 7...and that includes the FIRST Skins/Dallas game of the season) leading up to the home Skins/Dallas meeting to work on her. You've got plenty of time to answer all of the "dumb" questions (which they may very well NOT be, by the way, since you said she already knows a bit about football) and feel out her gameday behavior while you're watching the whole rest of the season unfold with her in tow. You can get a feel for what she's like during the games and kind of forecast what she might be like AT the game. As the time nears, you'll be able to tell whether she's really interested in going...AND whether you'd have the patience to take her along. If she's a keeper and it seems like it's important to her, then this is a question worth considering. But if she doesn't really care one way or the other and she just wants to watch football with you, ya'll can enjoy any of the other games and work on her fandom that way.

I WILL say that the stadium experience is unlike any other and would be the EASIEST way to bring her over to the Skins' side. But, you've gotta bring acceptable members of the 12th man into FedEx for Dallas week! If she hasn't reached that status by that time, your buddy wins the seat..hands down!!

:2cents:

It would depend on who is buying the beer ... ? A first game Cowboy/ Redskins contest could possibbly make the girl a fan for life or freak her out. If she pulls for Dallas then she has to be dumped. Personally , I am taking my Redskin buddy ....

:dallasuck

Archived