Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WT: Seen and Heard at Redskins Camp

Seen and Heard at Redskins Camp

Aug. 3, 2006

BIG JOE RETURNS

Defensive tackle Joe Salave'a returned after missing the first two days of camp for his mother's funeral in Samoa. Salave'a, exhausted from jet lag, his mother's death and the birth of a son two weeks ago, was in uniform but not in pads last night. He said he needs to get his conditioning back, but coach Joe Gibbs expects him back for Saturday's scrimmage against Baltimore.

"I need these guys more than they need me," Salave'a said. "Being with the guys makes it a little easier."

NOT JUST A FANTASY

Tight end Chris Cooley apparently is the only Redskin who, like millions of Americans, is a fantasy football owner.

"I've always had a blast playing," Cooley said. "I try to have a couple of Internet teams, and my friends do a team, and we put it online, too. I've been playing since I was a sophomore in high school. I lost in the playoffs last year because I had such a good game against Dallas [for his opponent's fantasy team]."

Cooley had Clinton Portis on his team last year, but that didn't mean he wanted the running back to get the ball instead of him at the goal line.

"I'd rather catch a touchdown in a real game than have my fantasy team win," Cooley said with a laugh.

BRANDON LLOYD, PHOTOGRAPHER...

click link for rest of article.

QUOTABLE

"This is Coach Gibbs' team now. We got rid of the bad apples. The locker room is the best I've ever been around."

-- Seventh-year guard Randy Thomas on the Redskins' chemistry.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Bubba, you aren't trying to do the same thing I did to you last night, just more subtly, are you? Cuz if you are then you are a...:loser:. Oh and btw I just thought I'd update the standings in our little game:

Me: :1stplace:

You: :2ndplace:

CooleyNaMean: :3rdplace:

Don't know what game I'm talking about, too bad. But here it is ... Game

And yes I know I've already broken the rules. But let's try to remember what the real goal is here--"trying to inform the Redskin masses" ;).

EDIT: Breaking News- I've decided that it really shouldn't be a competition, so I am ending the game right now. Which... you guessed it, leaves me in first place. What's my prize? :nana:

Tight end Chris Cooley apparently is the only Redskin who' date=' like millions of Americans, is a fantasy football owner.

"I've always had a blast playing," Cooley said. "I try to have a couple of Internet teams, and my friends do a team, and we put it online, too. I've been playing since I was a sophomore in high school. I lost in the playoffs last year because I had such a good game against Dallas [for his opponent's fantasy team']."

Cooley had Clinton Portis on his team last year, but that didn't mean he wanted the running back to get the ball instead of him at the goal line.

"I'd rather catch a touchdown in a real game than have my fantasy team win," Cooley said with a laugh.

LMAO!!!! Damn I bet Cooley wanted Newman to tackle him. And even though he didnt try to break the tackle, he still managed to punk him. :D

Bubba, you aren't trying to do the same thing I did to you last night, just more subtly, are you? Cuz if you are then you are a...:loser:. Oh and btw I just thought I'd update the standings in our little game:

And yes I know I've already broken the rules. But let's try to remember what the real goal is here--"trying to inform the Redskin masses" ;).

EDIT: Breaking News- I've decided that it really shouldn't be a competition, so I am ending the game right now. Which... you guessed it, leaves me in first place. What's my prize? :nana:

You're a fruit. No ones playing a game. :doh:

Dude what the hell are you talking about? Not sure why you took it upon yourself to try and post as many articles as need be, esp. ones that have said things of articles previously posted...whatever floats your boat though

You're a fruit. No ones playing a game. :doh:

Really? Then what do these mean?

#1(the bottom)

#4(the opening comment)

Now, yeah, I probably took it a little overboard, especially with that post which you quoted. And it probably was more of a Tailgate type weird thing to do, but at least it was all good natured, unlike that comment you just made.

:2cents:

QUOTABLE

"This is Coach Gibbs' team now. We got rid of the bad apples. The locker room is the best I've ever been around."

-- Seventh-year guard Randy Thomas on the Redskins' chemistry.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Hmmm . . . he wouldn't be talking about a certain NY giants linebacker would he? Or is he talking about a certain NY Jets QB? :cool:

you mean no more hot-dogging crybabies? :laugh: :D

Arrington went to NY because he wanted to play the Redskins twice a year.

Give me a break about his petty revenge.

Gibbs has taken teams to Super Bowls in years when the Redskins had to face HOF defenders like LT and Reggie White.

my point being that after facing this caliber of opponent, the thought of facing LaVar Arrington in a regular season game is hardly daunting :laugh:

Arrington went up to NY as if he were Hannibal about to invade Rome.

right now he is nothing more than a 27/28 year old former pro bowler trying to show his new team that he can stay healthy, be consistent and take some coaching for the first time in his career :D

That quote by thomas is so great...

It also makes me think back to last year and the year before that when every other quote from Arrington was "well i have played for different coaches this and that and blah blah blah"

You know who the bad apple was that Thomas is referring to.

Archived